No announcement yet.

RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part III)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part III)

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    It will be great if all our known recruits make the USHL -- and all on different teams.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thus:

Code:
       # Name                Ps commitm. Team (League)                   Year  DOB      Ht    Wt  Hometown             Gm- G- A-  P- PM Next Gm
       ? Carlos Fornaris      C 02/13/13 Cedar Rapids Roughriders (USHL) 2014  02/07/95 5'09" 150 Miami, FL             0- 0- 0-  0-  0
      26 Charles Manley      LD 12/19/11 Waterloo Black Hawks (USHL)     2014  07/16/96 5'09" 155 Orchard Park, NY      0- 0- 0-  0-  0
      27 Drew Melanson #*    LW 01/28/11 Omaha Lancers (USHL)            2014  01/10/95 5'10" 160 Paramus, NJ           0- 0- 0-  0-  0
      23 Meirs Moore          D 05/21/13 Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)    2014  12/04/94 5'08" 172 Duluth, MN            0- 0- 0-  0-  0
       ? Michael Prapavessis LD 02/02/13 Lincoln Stars (USHL)            14/15 01/07/96 6'01" 170 Oakville, ON          0- 0- 0-  0-  0
       ? Evan Tironese       LW 05/01/12 Green Bay Gamblers (USHL)       2014  08/02/95 5'09" 163 Qualicum Beach, BC    0- 0- 0-  0-  0

Women
       ? Shayna Tomlinson     F 04/08/13 St Pauls School                 2014  xx/xx/95 x'xx" xxx Wolfeboro, NH         0- 0- 0-  0-  0
       ?                                 Assabet Valley U19                                                             0- 0- 0-  0-  0
                                                                                                  total                 0- 0- 0-  0-  0

* In the RPI directory
      # Known to have signed Letter of Intent
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

So the next question then becomes... what's the real story on the Letter of Intent and its limitations? Is RPI burning a redshirt year with Melanson staying in the USHL?
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          So the next question then becomes... what's the real story on the Letter of Intent and its limitations? Is RPI burning a redshirt year with Melanson staying in the USHL?
          That's an interesting thought. We could be burning it, but besides for transfers I can't recall the last time we had something other than an injury redshirt, and that we could still apply for.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
            The #16 will be the tall kid playing for our club team...I have no inside info, just throwing a log onto the fire and seeing what everyone thinks.
            Ha ha !!! LOVE IT !! But you should know that rampant speculating has been banned from this site...
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              It will be great if all our known recruits make the USHL -- and all on different teams.
              Certainly would be a first - yes RB ?
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                Interesting to see the Hoff brothers from Norway on the roster. Both have WJ experience -- wonder if they have D1 aspirations. ... I would think so. A quick search shows their dad played a few seasons at MSU and was a repeat Olympian for Norway.

I notice Magnus is a '93 -- that' d be one old freshman !!
                Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 06-07-2013, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Roster and Schedule is out for USA Hockey WJ eval camp - Aug. 3-10 in Lake Placid. Canucks, Finns and Swedes will also participate. A great hockey "fix" with high end talent in the heat of summer. I recommend it.

http://worldjuniors.usahockey.com/ne...rrer_id=797432

Comment

I am NOT getting Phantoms season tickets if that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                      Certainly would be a first - yes RB ?
                      Unless you count the years where we had zero recruits, you are probably correct.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        I am NOT getting Phantoms season tickets if that happens.
                        But if id doesn't, you will?
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ha ha !!! LOVE IT !! But you should know that rampant speculating has been banned from this site...
                          I thought more about it. There were other frosh on the club team who were forwards who could work out. Small, but we seem to like small.

As written before, it is quite a big jump from ACHA-2 to NCAA-I.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Interesting to see the Hoff brothers from Norway on the roster. Both have WJ experience -- wonder if they have D1 aspirations. ... I would think so. A quick search shows their dad played a few seasons at MSU and was a repeat Olympian for Norway.

I notice Magnus is a '93 -- that' d be one old freshman !!
                            Why else would a European go to the USHL instead of major junior? (I suspect that you thought of that also.)
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

But if id doesn't, you will?
                              a

Comment

I thought more about it. There were other frosh on the club team who were forwards who could work out. Small, but we seem to like small.

As written before, it is quite a big jump from ACHA-2 to NCAA-I.
                                Probably be practice squad, if anything. Of course, Neubert, Harkenrider, and Coupal have had some time in net...

Comment

Working...
                                X