No announcement yet.

RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part III)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part III)

A nice article http://howieblog.com/?p=1511

“He’s got the best shot in the state,” teammate Alex Toscano said after Moore scored three power-play goals to lead Duluth East to a 4-2 win over Minnetonka on Tuesday, Jan. 29. “He knows how to find the net and [the puck] just whizzes past us.”

What Toscano is referring to is Moore’s rare ability to not only shoot the puck with speed, but to needle it through sticks and bodies and anything else that might be between his stick and the back of the net.
    It looks like he will replace Bailen, with a year off in between.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      Would think that Moore's commit likely pushes Prapavessis to 2015.
      That makes a lot of sense, unless someone leaves early.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ralph, sorry to nit pick, but you have him listed as being born April 12. He was born December 4th.

Comment

It's pronounced Meers.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
            Ralph, sorry to nit pick, but you have him listed as being born April 12. He was born December 4th.
            Thanks. I knew it was wrong but forgot to change it. The first thing that I looked at was the Elite prospect page which uses European style dates.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              He did not play in the Sioux City game I attended.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                He did not play in the Sioux City game I attended.
                I guess that you will have to go back next year.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I guess that you will have to go back next year.
                  Given when the Mariucci Classic is, the chances of that are slim to none. I will, however, mention when/if Youngstown plays our teams of interest at home, given that's a much easier trip.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Given when the Mariucci Classic is, the chances of that are slim to none. I will, however, mention when/if Youngstown plays our teams of interest at home, given that's a much easier trip.
                    I was kidding although I don't understand why when the Mariucci Classic is makes it harder.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thread about the MN Mr Hockey Award. There is some discussion about snubbed players including

While this East team does not have as much front-end talent as the past few, I was disappointed that Meirs Moore did not make the list. He's having a huge season for the Hounds, and has really improved the defensive side of his game. (His puck-moving skills were never in question.)

However, NHL scouts do play an important role in the voting for this award, and 5'9" defensemen will, unfortunately, struggle to garner much attention, no matter how well they run a team's power play. It is what it is.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It looks like he will replace Bailen, with a year off in between.
                        My thought too. Even roughly the same size.

Prototypical "college hockey" player. That is, a guy who could be a solid contributor that the NHL will overlook because of size, ensuring maximum use of eligibility.

Ultimately, I think top performing teams these days are looking for the Martin St. Louis's before they're looking for the Brandon Pirri's. Not to take away from Pirri, but if you're looking for talent AND time, the former's preferable to the latter.
                        Last edited by Red Cloud; 05-21-2013, 02:09 PM.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          My thought too. Even roughly the same size.

Prototypical "college hockey" player. That is, a guy who could be a solid contributor that the NHL will overlook because of size, ensuring maximum use of eligibility.

Ultimately, I think top performing teams these days are looking for the Martin St. Louis's before they're looking for the Brandon Pirri's. Not to take away from Pirri, but if you're looking for talent AND time, the former's preferable to the latter.
                          I am a bit concerned that both he and Manley look like they are coming at the same time, and neither has size, but as replacements for Bailen and Dolan, it doesn't seem bad. I agree that I rather have the 4-year players like St. Louis rather than one and done players if the talent is there in both cases.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I am a bit concerned that both he and Manley look like they are coming at the same time, and neither has size, but as replacements for Bailen and Dolan, it doesn't seem bad. I agree that I rather have the 4-year players like St. Louis rather than one and done players if the talent is there in both cases.
                            Add in Tironese and Fornaris and that is a seriously size-challenged class in the making. Hopefully their skating and overall high skill levels (combined with some size in surrounding classes) will make it work.

Comment

I was kidding although I don't understand why when the Mariucci Classic is makes it harder.
                              Friday/Saturday vs. Thursday/Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                                Add in Tironese and Fornaris and that is a seriously size-challenged class in the making. Hopefully their skating and overall high skill levels (combined with some size in surrounding classes) will make it work.
                                I am more concerned about the defenders than the forwards, but certainly those two also aren't big. Conceivably Manley will delay a year instead of Prapavessis. We really don't know, and Manley is younger than Prapavessis.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X