No announcement yet.

RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part III)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part III)

USHR has posted it's latest free archive from Jan. '13 ..... lots of talk about RPI in the beginning http://www.ushr.com/news/20130101
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Yeti View Post
      Just wanted to stop by one more time and say how awesomely crazy committed you folks are with following RPI recruits. It's been fun exchanging emails with Robert this past season. Best of luck to Jake Wood, Riley Bourbonnais, Jimmy DeVito, and Parker Reno next season. We are going to miss them here in Lincoln next season. I still wish Parker would play a whole season here. Talented kid from the little I saw of him in person this season.

Hoping Michael Prapavessis makes the Stars in 2013-14, and I can contribute more to your recruit conversations.

Best of luck to the Engineers next season.
      ...same here Tim. Looking forward to following MP's games @ Lincoln (assuming he makes the cut) next season & maybe even another player or two.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Just wanted to stop by one more time and say how awesomely crazy committed you folks are with following RPI recruits. It's been fun exchanging emails with Robert this past season. Best of luck to Jake Wood, Riley Bourbonnais, Jimmy DeVito, and Parker Reno next season. We are going to miss them here in Lincoln next season. I still wish Parker would play a whole season here. Talented kid from the little I saw of him in person this season.

Hoping Michael Prapavessis makes the Stars in 2013-14, and I can contribute more to your recruit conversations.

Sorry I didn't hear from you earlier, else we could have said hello when I made the trip out to the midwest and actually went to a Stars game (St. Cloud was the main attraction, though). Whether or not one of RPI's recruits is with the Stars, we are appreciative of the information from you and ALL of your USHL compatriots.

Comment

Originally posted by RKarger View Post
          Did she say her name? The only person on the board I know I've called is RHamilton.
          You've probably called me a couple of times too, but I don't answer the phone.
          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            USHR has posted it's latest free archive from Jan. '13 ..... lots of talk about RPI in the beginning http://www.ushr.com/news/20130101
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I have a gut feeling that Prapavessis will stay in the OPJHL next season. In 2014-15 if he doesn't go to RPI, he is more likely to show up in Lincoln. (Just my gut feeling, not based on any inside info.)
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

does anyone recall if any USHL Team has the rights to Carlos Fornaris? I'm just curious with the USHL Draft next week.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                  does anyone recall if any USHL Team has the rights to Carlos Fornaris? I'm just curious with the USHL Draft next week.
                  I don't believe so.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    I don't believe so.

Agreed
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      And what is your opinion as to his strengths and weaknesses?
                      Strengths: Consistently making that 1st pass.

Weakness: Skating will be the key to his future success, an area he needs to improve on to become a consistent, reliable "stay home defenseman". He has a problem transitioning (back to front) to one side. He also does too much with puck (which isn't an area of his strength), probably a bad habit from playing high school hockey. He needs to just focus on being a "stay home defenseman" and improve his defensive positioning.

Two off seasons of skating and a year of Juniors would really benefit him.

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthhurts View Post
                        Strengths: Consistently making that 1st pass.

Weakness: Skating will be the key to his future success, an area he needs to improve on to become a consistent, reliable "stay home defenseman". He has a problem transitioning (back to front) to one side. He also does too much with puck (which isn't an area of his strength), probably a bad habit from playing high school hockey. He needs to just focus on being a "stay home defenseman" and improve his defensive positioning.

Two off seasons of skating and a year of Juniors would really benefit him.
                        Thanks. I agree that he would benefit from a year in the USHL, (and so does Yeti. ), but I suspect that a primary reason that we landed him was the promise that he would not have to do that.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          I suspect that a primary reason that we landed him was the promise that he would not have to do that.
                          If true, then his game will just take longer to develop. Not good for him or RPI

Hard to develop if your not playing or seeing limited playing time. Also hard to win if you have to use players who are not ready to play.

Comment

If true, then his game will just take longer to develop. Not good for him or RPI

Hard to develop if your not playing or seeing limited playing time. Also hard to win if you have to use players who are not ready to play.
                            But it's good for him academically. I do think that he will be a significant contributor as a freshman, but if not, we do have seven returning defensemen. I think that it is a win situation for both RPI and him
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I bet you're wrong.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Figured I should keep this on the front page.

Code:
                                 # Name                Ps commitm. Team (League)                   Year  DOB      Ht    Wt  Hometown             Gm- G- A-  P- PM Next Gm
                                23 Riley Bourbonnais * LC 09/18/11 Cedar Rapids RoughRiders (USHL) 2013  08/08/93 5'10" 190 Rochester, NY        17- 7- 9- 16-  8 traded
                                23                                 Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)                                                  16- 9- 6- 15- 26 traded
                                14                                 Lincoln Stars (USHL)                                                          30- 9- 9- 18- 12
                                                                                                                            playoffs              3- 0- 3-  2-  2
                                                                                                                            total                66-25-27- 52- 48
                                20 Jimmy DeVito *      RW 01/10/12 Lincoln Stars (USHL)            2013  04/02/94 5'10" 165 Bloomingdale, IL     57- 6-14- 20-113
                                                                                                                            playoffs              5- 0- 0-  0-  2
                                                                                                                            total                62- 6-14- 20-115
                                 ? Carlos Fornaris      C 02/13/13 Springfield Rifles U18 (Mass18) 2014  02/07/95 5'09" 150 Miami, FL            10- 5- 4-  9-  4
                                10                                 Northfield Mt. Hermon (NEDI)                                                  27- 8-24- 32-  x
                                                                                                                            total                37-13-28- 41-  x
                                22 Charles Manley      LD 12/19/11 Selects Hockey Academy (USEHL)  2014  07/16/96 5'09" 155 Orchard Park, NY      0- 0- 0-  0-  0 no stats
                                26                                 Waterloo Black Hawks (USHL)                                                    4- 0- 2-  2-  2
                                27 Drew Melanson #*    LW 01/28/11 Omaha Lancers (USHL)            2013  01/10/95 5'10" 160 Paramus, NJ          61-13-16- 29-  4
                                27?Michael Prapavessis LD 02/02/13 Mississauga Rebels Midget Major 14/15 01/07/96 6'01" 170 Oakville, ON          0- 0- 0-  0-  0 promoted, no stats
                                77                                 Toronto Lakeshore Patriots(OJHL)                                              25- 2- 9- 11-  2
                                                                                                                            playoffs              6- 0- 3-  3-  2
                                                                                                                            total                31- 2-12- 14-  4
                                 5 Parker Reno #*      RD 11/12/12 Edina H.S.(Lake Conf)           2013  01/20/95 6'01" 195 Edina, MN            25- 1-17- 18- 22
                                                                                                                            sectionals            3- 1- 1-  2-  0
                                                                                                                            state tourney         3- 0- 3-  3-  0
                                13                                 Lincoln Stars (USHL)                                                           2- 0- 0-  0-  0 
                                                                                                                            total                33- 2-21- 23- 22
                                15 Evan Tironese       LW 05/01/12 Alberni Valley Bulldogs (BCHL)  2014  08/02/95 5'09" 163 Qualicum Beach, BC   51-19-38- 57- 62
                                                                                                                            playoffs             14- 4- 8- 12- 26
                                                                                                                            total                65-23-46- 69- 88
                                26 Jake Wood #* @      LW 01/10/11 Lincoln Stars (USHL)            2013  08/06/93 5'07" 160 Georgetown, ON       60-11-15- 26-151
                                                                                                                            playoffs              4- 0- 0-  0-  4
                                                                                                                            total                64-11-15- 28-155
                                 1 Jake Soffer *        G 02/12/13 Boston Bandits (EJHL)           2013  12/17/92 6'01" 165 Potomac, MD      43- 9-14-2-3.17-.909
                                                                                                                            playoffs          3- 0- 0-0-x.xx-.xxx 
                                                                                                                            total            46- 9-14-2-3.16-.909
                                Women
                                11 Hannah Behounek #*   D 06/01/12 Minnetonka H.S. (Lake Conf)     2013  xx/xx/9x x'xx" xxx Minnetonka, MN       25- 5- 4-  9-  8
                                                                                                                            sectionals            3- 1- 1-  2-  2
                                                                                                                            state tourney         3- 2- 0-  2-  2
                                                                                                                            total                31- 8- 5- 13- 12
                                15 Laura Horwood *      F 11/29/12 Durham West Lightning (PWHL)    2013  05/20/95 5'06" 135 Belleville, ON       38-19-15- 34- 22
                                                                                                                            playoffs              7- 2- 3-  5-  2
                                                                                                                            nonleague games      18-12-12- 24-  x
                                                                                                                            total                61-33-30- 63-  x
                                15                                 Ontario Team Blue                                                              5- 0- 1-  1-  0 
                                13 Katie Rooney *       F 08/05/12 Buffalo H.S. (Mississippi 8)    2013  xx/xx/9x x'xx" xxx Buffalo, MN          25-37-26- 63- 12
                                                                                                                            sectionals            2- 1- 2-  3-  0 
                                                                                                                            total                27-38-28- 66- 12
                                 ? Shayna Tomlinson     F 04/08/13 St Pauls School                 2014  xx/xx/95 x'xx" xxx Wolfeboro, NH         0- 0- 0-  0-  0
                                 ?                                 Assabet Valley U19                                                             0- 0- 0-  0-  0
                                                                                                                            total                 0- 0- 0-  0-  0

* In the RPI directory
                                # Known to have signed Letter of Intent
                                @ It is known that Jake Wood did not play in one game which in the stats he is listed as playing in.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X