No announcement yet.

RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part III)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part III)

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Scouts know that some kids are ready now. Others are not going to be ready for a couple years. But they have to project and make their choices now or they can miss a talented player completely. Trying to fiugre out the process is just not easy. The first round choices are pretty easy to predict-some kids just stand out so much at every level. But after that, it is a total gamble. The draft is not far off-and very few players will still be playing in a little while. It will be interesting to see if we have any of our players picked.
    I think that the odds still favor Reno being taken. The odds are probably against Melanson being taken.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I think that the odds still favor Reno being taken. The odds are probably against Melanson being taken.
      I am just not sure what kind of draft year this is likely to be-is this considered a year with a few standouts and nothing else? is it a year of few outstanding players but a lot of depth? And at what positions? I would not even venture a guess about either one's chances. There could be a ton of foreign talent to choose from and this could be a year when there are a limited number of US boys taken.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        I am just not sure what kind of draft year this is likely to be-is this considered a year with a few standouts and nothing else? is it a year of few outstanding players but a lot of depth? And at what positions? I would not even venture a guess about either one's chances. There could be a ton of foreign talent to choose from and this could be a year when there are a limited number of US boys taken.
        You have a good point. I was just evaluating vs. other players who have been taken over the years, not in context of this year.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          ...and that's it for the season. Stars lose 2-0. Thanks for all the work you put into this thread Ralph.
          YES, RB - we all take it for granted.... I am late in issuing my bi-annual sincere thanks for your fastidious collection of our recruit stats....there is no one better at it!
          Thanks for the work!
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            YES, RB - we all take it for granted.... I am late in issuing my bi-annual sincere thanks for your fastidious collection of our recruit stats....there is no one better at it!
            Thanks for the work!
            You're welcome, and thanks to turk for fact checking what I post.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I know Ralph has been waiting or an update -- the Cornwall Colts knocked off the Nepean Raiders last night in OT to win the CCHL championship.
              They move on to play in the Fred Page Cup - for rights to the Eastern Canada championship belt - starting next week in Nova Scotia.

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2...ears-for-colts
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                I know Ralph has been waiting or an update -- the Cornwall Colts knocked off the Nepean Raiders last night in OT to win the CCHL championship.
                They move on to play in the Fred Page Cup - for rights to the Eastern Canada championship belt - starting next week in Nova Scotia.

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2...ears-for-colts
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Lincoln Stars Blog season-ending post http://www.lincolnstarsblog.com/2013...son-recap.html

Riley Bourbonnais: Acquired in February from the Sioux City Musketeers for two entry draft picks and two affiliate players. Teamed up with Phil Marinaccio to be a good 1-2 offensive punch for the Stars. Riley will attend RPI this fall.
                  Jimmy DeVito: Provided grit and leadership for the Stars this past season. USHL three-year veteran. Acquired last summer from the Chicago Steel. Some fans nicknamed him the "Honey Badger." Smaller size, but would not back down from anyone. He will attend RPI this fall.
                  Jake Wood: I nicknamed Jake the "Wrecking Ball" at the beginning of the season. Small size, but he plays like he's 6'4", 220 pounds. Ruthless on the forecheck. Quick release, and a good shot. One of those players that as the opposition, you had to keep your head up all the time. Jake will attend RPI this fall.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Lincoln Stars Blog season-ending post http://www.lincolnstarsblog.com/2013...son-recap.html
                    Hon-ey Bad-ger *clap clap clap-clap-clap*

OK, not that good of a ring...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Hon-ey Bad-ger *clap clap clap-clap-clap*

OK, not that good of a ring...
                      It does seem to fit.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It does seem to fit.
                        Sure, it fits, but I just don't foresee 3000 engineers, future engineers, and troy-lets chanting that.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Sure, it fits, but I just don't foresee 3000 engineers, future engineers, and troy-lets chanting that.
                          I agree with that.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

As far as Reno is concerned, I think his offense is adequate. It isn't his primary strength.
                            Just what do you think is his primary strength?

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthhurts View Post
                              Just what do you think is his primary strength?
                              Defense. (Playing his position and being in the right place at the right time)
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Defense. (Playing his position and being in the right place at the right time)
                                And how many games have you actually seen him play this year????

Comment

Working...
                                X