No announcement yet.

RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part III)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part III)

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
    4 recruits on the same team....I dont want anyone to go crazy looking for this, but I gotta ask if it has ever happened before. Coach Appert must have some serious pull in the USHL right now to get that to happen.
    with all due respect I don't think SA has anything to do with it. Bourbonnais & Devito were acquired via trades...Wood, Reno & perhaps next year, Prapavessis were all through the USHL draft. It is quite a few players from one team going to the same school though.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      with all due respect I don't think SA has anything to do with it. Bourbonnais & Devito were acquired via trades...Wood, Reno & perhaps next year, Prapavessis were all through the USHL draft. It is quite a few players from one team going to the same school though.
      Conceivably SA had something in recommending that Lincoln trade for Bourbonnias and/or Devito. It's hard to believe that Reno and Prapavessis had anything to do with SA since they drafted them before we signed them. Not sure about Wood. It's probably all a coincidence.
      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-23-2013, 12:53 PM.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Conceivably SA had something in recommending that Indiana trade for Bourbonnias and/or Devito. It's hard to believe that Reno and Prapavessis had anything to do with SA since they drafted them before we signed them. Not sure about Wood. It's probably all a coincidence.
        I don't know Ralph-maybe we should call in the Warren Commission on this? I mean this is like that single magic bullet theory.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Totally joking about the SA comment. But I'm sure he is pleased to see 4 of his incoming players on the same team. Even if it is for a handful of game, it has to help in building chemistry that can be brought with them to Troy.
          Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            I don't know Ralph-maybe we should call in the Warren Commission on this? I mean this is like that single magic bullet theory.
            What does a personal versatile countertop magician have to do with this?

The only way there'd be a lot of influence is if they were all playing on the same line (at least the three forwards), and at the game in Lincoln I attended, Wood and DeVito were on separate lines. Obviously Bourbonnais was still with the other team at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
              Totally joking about the SA comment. But I'm sure he is pleased to see 4 of his incoming players on the same team. Even if it is for a handful of game, it has to help in building chemistry that can be brought with them to Troy.
              That I agree with completely.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

From Tim Yeti's blackandblue blog on Parker Reno........ The Stars brought up affiliate defenseman Parker Reno to play last night, which was a bit of a surprise in my opinion. Reno was a draft pick of the Lincoln Stars in the 2011 USHL Futures Draft. Reno just completed his senior season at Edina High School (MN), where his team won the state 2A championship. Parker has committed to RPI (same as Riley Bourbonnais, Jimmy DeVito, and Jake Wood). Reno was a finalist for Minnesota's "Mr. Hockey Award," given to the state's top senior high school hockey player.

Everything I've heard is that Reno will attend RPI this upcoming fall, so I was surprised that the Stars would bring up a player from their affiliate list who isn't planning on coming to Lincoln next season. Last weekend, the Stars brought up affiliate forward/defenseman Tyler Nanne, who just happens to play for the same Edina team as Reno. Nanne should be playing in Lincoln next season. I figured that Reno wasn't interested in playing in Lincoln since he committed to RPI for this fall. Chad Johnson stated on the radio that they are working on getting Reno to report to Lincoln this fall, so we'll have to wait and see how that plays out. Reno is a big, rangy defenseman which a ton of upside. He'd be a great addition to the team next season if he decides to defer his commitment to RPI until 2014. http://www.lincolnstarsblog.com/
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  What does a personal versatile countertop magician have to do with this?

The only way there'd be a lot of influence is if they were all playing on the same line (at least the three forwards), and at the game in Lincoln I attended, Wood and DeVito were on separate lines. Obviously Bourbonnais was still with the other team at the time.
                  I only recall seeing two of them geting points once on the same goal, although I could have forgotten other instances.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

From Tim Yeti's blackandblue blog on Parker Reno........ The Stars brought up affiliate defenseman Parker Reno to play last night, which was a bit of a surprise in my opinion. Reno was a draft pick of the Lincoln Stars in the 2011 USHL Futures Draft. Reno just completed his senior season at Edina High School (MN), where his team won the state 2A championship. Parker has committed to RPI (same as Riley Bourbonnais, Jimmy DeVito, and Jake Wood). Reno was a finalist for Minnesota's "Mr. Hockey Award," given to the state's top senior high school hockey player.

Everything I've heard is that Reno will attend RPI this upcoming fall, so I was surprised that the Stars would bring up a player from their affiliate list who isn't planning on coming to Lincoln next season. Last weekend, the Stars brought up affiliate forward/defenseman Tyler Nanne, who just happens to play for the same Edina team as Reno. Nanne should be playing in Lincoln next season. I figured that Reno wasn't interested in playing in Lincoln since he committed to RPI for this fall. Chad Johnson stated on the radio that they are working on getting Reno to report to Lincoln this fall, so we'll have to wait and see how that plays out. Reno is a big, rangy defenseman which a ton of upside. He'd be a great addition to the team next season if he decides to defer his commitment to RPI until 2014. http://www.lincolnstarsblog.com/
                    I suspect that we got a commitment from Reno is that SA said he could come next season. However, he could cahnge is mind. It wouldn't be the first time it has happened..
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The link to the specific blog entry in case anyone checks when this is far down in the blog: http://www.lincolnstarsblog.com/2013...lincoln-1.html .

BTW, Devito's jersey brought the second most money in any auction.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The link to the specific blog entry in case anyone checks when this is far down in the blog: http://www.lincolnstarsblog.com/2013...lincoln-1.html .

BTW, Devito's jersey brought the second most money in any auction.
                        C'mon RB....the link was at the end of the quote in my original Post

Comment

C'mon RB....the link was at the end of the quote in my original Post
                          You linked the blog itself, not the specific post in the blog that mentioned Reno. Now they get you to the same place. In a few weeks there will be several newer posts in the blog which will be on top. Linking the specific blog entry makes it easier to find. I guess that it is just my opinion that it makes more sense to do it that way.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

You linked the blog itself, not the specific post in the blog that mentioned Reno. Now they get you to the same place. In a few weeks there will be several newer posts in the blog which will be on top. Linking the specific blog entry makes it easier to find. I guess that it is just my opinion that it makes more sense to do it that way.
                            I bow to your supremacy.

Comment

Jake Wood is not playing tonight....1game suspension for an elbowing last night.

Comment

Jake Wood is not playing tonight....1game suspension for an elbowing last night.
                                Why is he listed in the boxscore?
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X