No announcement yet.

RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part III)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part III)

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    On Wednesday, the Omaha Lancers defeated the Tri-City Storm 4-3 (2-1) in a shootout. Drew Melanson had no points or penalties, but he scored the winning goal in the shootout. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1978309

Melanson's line is now 52-12-15-27-4.
    ...still the fastest poster in the east he was also #3 Star
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      ...still the fastest poster in the east he was also #3 Star
      That wasn't yet up when I posted. Then I lost my internet connection again.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ralph, do you remember there was a discussion a while back about whether or not the winning shoot-out goal was credited to the players season stats? Was that question ever resolved?
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Ralph, do you remember there was a discussion a while back about whether or not the winning shoot-out goal was credited to the players season stats? Was that question ever resolved?
          IIRC, it was resolved that it does not count, but I will check in the morning to be sure.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

IIRC, it was resolved that it does not count, but I will check in the morning to be sure.
            Thanks.

Comment

Thanks.
              The boxscore now says Final, and he was not credited with a goal on either the boxscore or stats page.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

That was indeed my opinion also. I admit that I could be wrong since I never played competitive athletics myself.
                I did as a youngster-but was neve a captain of anything. I have too much of a hot headed temper that is too hard to control to be put in any position of leadership in a group. At least that is what my psychiatrist said when i was analyzed during my psychiatry residency. He also said i was a true pleasure seeker-that i would do anything to have a good time, and anything to avoid a painful situation. All of whidch made my 25 years in the Army Reserves quite a chore. I suspect that SA understands that having one strong voice in the locker room and on the ice is far more effective than a bunch of screaming MiMi's.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

On Wednesday, the Omaha Lancers defeated the Tri-City Storm 4-3 (2-1) in a shootout. Drew Melanson had no points or penalties, but he scored the winning goal in the shootout. He was named #3 star. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1978309

Melanson's line is now 52-12-15-27-4.
                  Would love to see how he scored in the shootout. In high school when he did get the chance to come in alone on the goaltender he started with great speed but then slowed and came in quite deliberately. But you just never knew which way he would go-he has great control on the back hand and can elevate his shot enough or he can go forehand and try to open up the goalie for a 5-hole attempt or elevate and go top shelf. I always got the impression that he had made his decision what to do before he ever touched the puck-but then changed as he saw what the goalie was doing in response. I've said this for 2+ years-this kid is talented. The only question for me is size. Can he do this at the NCAA level where the boys are almost as fast as he is, and outweigh him by 30+ pounds. I am very much looking forward to next year's incoming group. I think we have a good class-to add to the last 2 very good classes.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    I did as a youngster-but was neve a captain of anything. I have too much of a hot headed temper that is too hard to control to be put in any position of leadership in a group. At least that is what my psychiatrist said when i was analyzed during my psychiatry residency. He also said i was a true pleasure seeker-that i would do anything to have a good time, and anything to avoid a painful situation. All of whidch made my 25 years in the Army Reserves quite a chore. I suspect that SA understands that having one strong voice in the locker room and on the ice is far more effective than a bunch of screaming MiMi's.
                    <offtopic>OTOH, it wouldnt surprise me if we have several people sporting letters next year.</offtopic>
                    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-14-2013, 01:13 PM. Reason: typo
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

From the directory.

Name: James Anthony DeVito
                      Class: First-Year Student
                      Curriculum: Business and Management

Name: Parker Aaron Reno
                      Class: First-Year Student
                      Curriculum: Undeclared

Soffer is the only one missing now of the recruits we expect to see in the fall..
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-14-2013, 01:15 PM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Code:
                         # Name                Ps commitm. Team (League)                   Year  DOB      Ht    Wt  Hometown             Gm- G- A-  P- PM Next Gm
                        23 Riley Bourbonnais * LC 09/18/11 Cedar Rapids RoughRiders (USHL) 2013  08/08/93 5'10" 190 Rochester, NY        17- 7- 9- 16-  8 traded
                        23                                 Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)                                                  16- 9- 6- 15- 26 traded
                        14                                 Lincoln Stars (USHL)                                                          21- 6- 6- 12- 12 03/15/13
                                                                                                                    total                54-22-21- 43- 46
                        20 Jimmy DeVito *      RW 01/10/12 Lincoln Stars (USHL)            2013  04/02/94 5'10" 165 Bloomingdale, IL     49- 6- 8- 14-101 03/15/13
                        10 Carlos Fornaris      C 02/13/13 Northfield Mt. Hermon (NEDI)    2014  02/07/95 5'09" 150 Miami, FL            22- 7-22- 29-  x incomplete, season over
                        22 Charles Manley      LD 12/19/11 Selects Hockey Academy (USEHL)  2014  07/16/96 5'09" 155 Orchard Park, NY      0- 0- 0-  0-  0 season over, no stats
                        26                                 Waterloo Black Hawks (USHL)                                                    4- 0- 2-  2-  2
                        27 Drew Melanson #*    LW 01/28/11 Omaha Lancers (USHL)            2013  01/10/95 5'10" 160 Paramus, NJ          52-12-15- 27-  4 03/15/13
                        27?Michael Prapavessis LD 02/02/13 Mississauga Rebels Midget Major 14/15 01/07/96 6'01" 170 Oakville, ON          0- 0- 0-  0-  0 promoted, no stats
                        77                                 Toronto Lakeshore Patriots(OJHL)                                              25- 2- 9- 11-  2
                                                                                                                    playoffs              6- 0- 3-  3-  2 season over
                                                                                                                    total                31- 2-12- 14-  4
                         5 Parker Reno #*      RD 11/12/12 Edina H.S.(Lake Conf)           2013  01/20/95 6'01" 195 Edina, MN            25- 1-17- 18- 22
                                                                                                                    sectionals            3- 1- 1-  2-  0
                                                                                                                    state tourney         3- 0- 3-  3-  0
                                                                                                                    total                31- 2-21- 23- 22 season over
                        15 Evan Tironese       LW 05/01/12 Alberni Valley Bulldogs (BCHL)  2014  08/02/95 5'09" 163 Qualicum Beach, BC   51-19-38- 57- 62
                                                                                                                    playoffs              0- 0- 0-  0-  0 03/15/13
                                                                                                                    total                51-19-38- 57- 62
                        26 Jake Wood #*        LW 01/10/11 Lincoln Stars (USHL)            2013  08/06/93 5'07" 160 Georgetown, ON       50-11-15- 26-138 03/15/13
                         1 Jake Soffer          G 02/12/13 Boston Bandits (EJHL)           2013  12/17/92 6'01" 165 Potomac, MD      43- 9-14-2-3.17-.909
                                                                                                                    playoffs          3- 0- 0-0-x.xx-.xxx 
                                                                                                                    total            46- 9-14-2-3.16-.909 season over
                        Women
                        11 Hannah Behounek #*   D 06/01/12 Minnetonka H.S. (Lake Conf)     2013  xx/xx/9x x'xx" xxx Minnetonka, MN       25- 5- 4-  9-  8
                                                                                                                    sectionals            3- 1- 1-  2-  2
                                                                                                                    state tourney         3- 2- 0-  2-  2
                                                                                                                    total                31- 8- 5- 13- 12 season over
                        15 Laura Horwood *      F 11/29/12 Durham West Lightning (PWHL)    2013  05/20/95 5'06" 135 Belleville, ON       38-19-15- 34- 22
                                                                                                                    playoffs              3- 2- 2-  4-  2 03/16/13
                                                                                                                    nonleague games      17-12-12- 24-  x
                                                                                                                    total                58-33-29- 62-  x
                        15                                 Ontario Team Blue                                                              5- 0- 1-  1-  0 
                        13 Katie Rooney *       F 08/05/12 Buffalo H.S. (Mississippi 8)    2013  xx/xx/9x x'xx" xxx Buffalo, MN          25-37-26- 63- 12
                                                                                                                    sectionals            2- 1- 2-  3-  0 
                                                                                                                    total                27-38-28- 66- 12 season over

* In the RPI directory
                        # Known to have signed Letter of Intent
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          Would love to see how he scored in the shootout. In high school when he did get the chance to come in alone on the goaltender he started with great speed but then slowed and came in quite deliberately. But you just never knew which way he would go-he has great control on the back hand and can elevate his shot enough or he can go forehand and try to open up the goalie for a 5-hole attempt or elevate and go top shelf. I always got the impression that he had made his decision what to do before he ever touched the puck-but then changed as he saw what the goalie was doing in response. I've said this for 2+ years-this kid is talented. The only question for me is size. Can he do this at the NCAA level where the boys are almost as fast as he is, and outweigh him by 30+ pounds. I am very much looking forward to next year's incoming group. I think we have a good class-to add to the last 2 very good classes.
                          Almost everything makes to the net these days (except Manley's stats) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBtqTtakG3g. It starts at about the 3:00 mark. His celebration is much better than his first goal of the season too.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Almost everything makes to the net these days (except Manley's stats) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBtqTtakG3g. It starts at about the 3:00 mark. His celebration is much better than his first goal of the season too.
                            I typed it then, and I'll type it again: I liked the part that happened BEFORE the celly.

Comment

for as long as he plays hockey he'll probably never live that 1st one down

Comment

for as long as he plays hockey he'll probably never live that 1st one down
                                I bet, once he gets to RPI, the only people that will know are us, as well as any people he plays that were once on that Omaha team.

Comment

Working...
                                X