No announcement yet.

RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part III)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part III)

In your honor RB ---> Cornwall's prospect camp is underway -- gotta think someone from our outfit will be there, given the easy trip. Colts found Pontarelli at last year's camp....

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2...e-holes-on-ice
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      In your honor RB ---> Cornwall's prospect camp is underway -- gotta think someone from our outfit will be there, given the easy trip. Colts found Pontarelli at last year's camp....

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2...e-holes-on-ice
      Ponta-who?
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Parker Reno at #114 from Ryan Kennedy of The Hockey News......http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...-rankings.html
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          Parker Reno at #114 from Ryan Kennedy of The Hockey News......http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...-rankings.html
          Not bad. It would be nice if he was picked at that point.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Not bad. It would be nice if he was picked at that point.
            Agreed. Though I'd feel better if the source was other than the THN, given their near-disdain for covering the college game.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Agreed. Though I'd feel better if the source was other than the THN, given their near-disdain for covering the college game.
              So you are indicating that if Reno wasn't going to college he would be listed higher.

Personally I don't want to see him picked higher as we will have more trouble keeping him. That's higher than D'Amigo was picked, and we lost him after one year. I am not saying that he will necessarily leave after a year if picked at 114, but ...
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

So you are indicating that if Reno wasn't going to college he would be listed higher.

Personally I don't want to see him picked higher as we will have more trouble keeping him. That's higher than D'Amigo was picked, and we lost him after one year. I am not saying that he will necessarily leave after a year if picked at 114, but ...
                ....but Jerry had a final ranking of #67 (http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=31411) and IIRC, rumors swirled as the draft got closer that he may have had some type of back injury, which led to him falling to the 6th Rd.
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                  ....but Jerry had a final ranking of #67 (http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=31411) and IIRC, rumors swirled as the draft got closer that he may have had some type of back injury, which led to him falling to the 6th Rd.
                  Good points. Anyway, we'll see what happens on Sunday.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Nope, not indicating anything. I have only a passing interest in the draft ...couldn't care much either way...as long as they come to Troy and stay awhile ...more than a year. I hope Mr. Reno lands in a great spot --but I'm ready to welcome him, where ever he ends up landing draftwise.

Comment

Nope, not indicating anything. I have only a passing interest in the draft ...couldn't care much either way...as long as they come to Troy and stay awhile ...more than a year. I hope Mr. Reno lands in a great spot --but I'm ready to welcome him, where ever he ends up landing draftwise.
                      I wonder if SA will attend the draft as he did when Pirri and D'Amigo were picked.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I wonder if SA will attend the draft as he did when Pirri and D'Amigo were picked.
                        Considering its location and possibility of Reno, I wouldn't be surprised.

Draft picks are nice since it gives the school a little bit of limelight time. They can be a bad thing, though, as they could be a distraction to the "team" ideals. Last year we had only one draft pick, but towards the end of the year really became a cohesive team where you couldn't beat them without beating them. SA has certainly learned much from the past couple of years, and will be able to teach these players in not only skill improvement and consistency, but team mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

Draft picks are nice since it gives the school a little bit of limelight time. They can be a bad thing, though, as they could be a distraction to the "team" ideals. Last year we had only one draft pick, but towards the end of the year really became a cohesive team where you couldn't beat them without beating them. SA has certainly learned much from the past couple of years, and will be able to teach these players in not only skill improvement and consistency, but team mentality.
                          I think that it is good to have draft players since on the average they are the better players. We just were burned badly three years ago when BP and JD'A left.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Charles Manley didn't figure in any scoring but his Team Orange won 3-2 today at the Select 17 Camp.....http://playerdevelopmentcamps.usahoc..._sheet/5301769

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

(blank stare)
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                                (blank stare)
                                (nods head with blank stare)
                                Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Working...
                                X