No announcement yet.

RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part III)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part III)

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I guess that you don't understand social media either because that was exactly what I said.
    You mentioned the first part, however it seems that RC's concern is the second part. I believe the term that is commonly used in social situations is "eavesdropping". It's not necessarily a question of possibility, but rather desirability. Basically it's like everyone's vocal cords have been amplified with a bullhorn. When it comes to desirability, I'd have to say that my personal reflections on the matter are the same as what I perceive RC's to be. As usual, though, personal feelings are irrelevant when taking the role of an objective third party. As much as the poster may do something to control the audience, the question brought up by RC seems to be along the lines of why you choose to become audience to this sort of discussion the poster initiates?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      You mentioned the first part, however it seems that RC's concern is the second part. I believe the term that is commonly used in social situations is "eavesdropping". It's not necessarily a question of possibility, but rather desirability. Basically it's like everyone's vocal cords have been amplified with a bullhorn. When it comes to desirability, I'd have to say that my personal reflections on the matter are the same as what I perceive RC's to be. As usual, though, personal feelings are irrelevant when taking the role of an objective third party. As much as the poster may do something to control the audience, the question brought up by RC seems to be along the lines of why you choose to become audience to this sort of discussion the poster initiates?
      I thought that it was relevant to the topic of this thread. But let's drop the topic.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Charles Manley will participate in the USA Hockey U17 Selects camp starting June 27th.

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
          Charles Manley will participate in the USA Hockey U17 Selects camp starting June 27th.
          Thanks for keeping us up to date.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
            ......he'll play for the Orange Team http://playerdevelopmentcamps.usahoc...bseason=113499
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              ......he'll play for the Orange Team http://playerdevelopmentcamps.usahoc...bseason=113499
              Not a good color for a future wearer of the cherry and white.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

That's probably true. At least I now know the difference between a tweet and a twit.

I'll try not to post things that seem a bit personal, but ...

I assume that you had no problem with my posting "Sioux City Musketeers of the USHL" in post #791.
                See, it is possible to teach an old dog.
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                  See, it is possible to teach an old dog.
                  Or an old Baer.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A rather lengthy draft profile of Parker Reno. http://www.inlouwetrust.com/2013/6/2...ospect-profile. Thanks to a WaP tweet for the link.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A rather lengthy draft profile of Parker Reno. http://www.inlouwetrust.com/2013/6/2...ospect-profile. Thanks to a WaP tweet for the link.
                      Lengthy but uninformative. Anyone on this board could have written a more a succinct writeup....oh, wait they did ! He should've just started and ended with WAP's excellent summary. I would think there is a limit on how many times an author can write "I don't know..." or " I couldn't tell you..." in an article where he is supposed to be informing the reader about a player. As a Devil-centric blog, he also failed to make the connection for the reader that RPI plays in the same town as the Devils - and yes Ralph by town I mean geographic region - I'm aware the teams play in different counties.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        Lengthy but uninformative. Anyone on this board could have written a more a succinct writeup....oh, wait they did ! He should've just started and ended with WAP's excellent summary. I would think there is a limit on how many times an author can write "I don't know..." or " I couldn't tell you..." in an article where he is supposed to be informing the reader about a player. As a Devil-centric blog, he also failed to make the connection for the reader that RPI plays in the same town as the Devils - and yes Ralph by town I mean geographic region - I'm aware the teams play in different counties.
                        I was trying not to be critical, but I agree that there was a lot of uninformative content. He did spell Rensselaer correctly.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I was trying not to be critical, but I agree that there was a lot of uninformative content. He did spell Rensselaer correctly.
                          You took the high road RB...as usual. I was perhaps too critical. I guess I should've just said that it could have been written more succinctly and left it at that !
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

You took the high road RB...as usual. I was perhaps too critical. I guess I should've just said that it could have been written more succinctly and left it at that !
                            ...thank you. After reading the profile I thought, "man, I should be a writer for that site". No reflection on RB or WaP but it was a weak profile with little info that was just repeated several times.
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

I always take the high road. When you're my height you can't see anything from a low road.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

This has disappeared again:
                                Code:
                                 # Name                Ps commitm. Team (League)                   Year  DOB      Ht    Wt  Hometown             Gm- G- A-  P- PM Next Gm
                                23 Riley Bourbonnais * LC 09/18/11 Cedar Rapids RoughRiders (USHL) 2013  08/08/93 5'10" 190 Rochester, NY        17- 7- 9- 16-  8 traded
                                23                                 Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)                                                  16- 9- 6- 15- 26 traded
                                14                                 Lincoln Stars (USHL)                                                          30- 9- 9- 18- 12
                                                                                                                            playoffs              3- 0- 3-  3-  2
                                                                                                                            total                66-25-27- 52- 48
                                20 Jimmy DeVito *      RW 01/10/12 Lincoln Stars (USHL)            2013  04/02/94 5'10" 165 Bloomingdale, IL     57- 6-14- 20-113
                                                                                                                            playoffs              5- 0- 0-  0-  2
                                                                                                                            total                62- 6-14- 20-115
                                 ? Carlos Fornaris      C 02/13/13 Springfield Rifles U18 (Mass18) 2014  02/07/95 5'09" 150 Miami, FL            10- 5- 4-  9-  4
                                10                                 Northfield Mt. Hermon (NEDI)                                                  27- 8-24- 32-  x
                                                                                                                            total                37-13-28- 41-  x
                                22 Charles Manley      LD 12/19/11 Selects Hockey Academy (USEHL)  2014  07/16/96 5'09" 155 Orchard Park, NY      0- 0- 0-  0-  0 no stats
                                26                                 Waterloo Black Hawks (USHL)                                                    4- 0- 2-  2-  2
                                27 Drew Melanson #*    LW 01/28/11 Omaha Lancers (USHL)            2014  01/10/95 5'10" 160 Paramus, NJ          61-13-16- 29-  4
                                15 Meirs Moore          D 05/20/13 Duluth East H. S.               2014  12/04/94 5'08" 172 Duluth, MN           25-17-21- 38- 10
                                                                                                                            sectionals            3- 1- 8-  9-  0
                                                                                                                            state tourney         3- 1- 1-  2-  2
                                23                                 Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)                                                   9- 0- 0-  0- 20     
                                                                                                                            total                40-19-30- 49- 32
                                27?Michael Prapavessis LD 02/02/13 Mississauga Rebels Midget Major 14/15 01/07/96 6'01" 170 Oakville, ON          0- 0- 0-  0-  0 promoted, no stats
                                77                                 Toronto Lakeshore Patriots(OJHL)                                              25- 2- 9- 11-  2
                                                                                                                            playoffs              6- 0- 3-  3-  2
                                                                                                                            total                31- 2-12- 14-  4
                                 5 Parker Reno #*      RD 11/12/12 Edina H.S.(Lake Conf)           2013  01/20/95 6'01" 195 Edina, MN            25- 1-17- 18- 22
                                                                                                                            sectionals            3- 1- 1-  2-  0
                                                                                                                            state tourney         3- 0- 3-  3-  0
                                13                                 Lincoln Stars (USHL)                                                           2- 0- 0-  0-  0 
                                                                                                                            total                33- 2-21- 23- 22
                                15 Evan Tironese       LW 05/01/12 Alberni Valley Bulldogs (BCHL)  2014  08/02/95 5'09" 163 Qualicum Beach, BC   51-19-38- 57- 62
                                                                                                                            playoffs             14- 4- 8- 12- 26
                                                                                                                            total                65-23-46- 69- 88
                                26 Jake Wood #* @      LW 01/10/11 Lincoln Stars (USHL)            2013  08/06/93 5'07" 160 Georgetown, ON       60-11-15- 26-151
                                                                                                                            playoffs              4- 0- 0-  0-  4
                                                                                                                            total                64-11-15- 28-155
                                 1 Jake Soffer *        G 02/12/13 Boston Bandits (EJHL)           2013  12/17/92 6'01" 165 Potomac, MD      43- 9-14-2-3.17-.909
                                                                                                                            playoffs          3- 0- 0-0-x.xx-.xxx 
                                                                                                                            total            46- 9-14-2-3.16-.909
                                Women
                                11 Hannah Behounek #*   D 06/01/12 Minnetonka H.S. (Lake Conf)     2013  xx/xx/9x x'xx" xxx Minnetonka, MN       25- 5- 4-  9-  8
                                                                                                                            sectionals            3- 1- 1-  2-  2
                                                                                                                            state tourney         3- 2- 0-  2-  2
                                                                                                                            total                31- 8- 5- 13- 12
                                15 Laura Horwood *      F 11/29/12 Durham West Lightning (PWHL)    2013  05/20/95 5'06" 135 Belleville, ON       38-19-15- 34- 22
                                                                                                                            playoffs              7- 2- 3-  5-  2
                                                                                                                            nonleague games      18-12-12- 24-  x
                                                                                                                            total                61-33-30- 63-  x
                                15                                 Ontario Team Blue                                                              5- 0- 1-  1-  0 
                                13 Katie Rooney *       F 08/05/12 Buffalo H.S. (Mississippi 8)    2013  xx/xx/9x x'xx" xxx Buffalo, MN          25-37-26- 63- 12
                                                                                                                            sectionals            2- 1- 2-  3-  0 
                                                                                                                            total                27-38-28- 66- 12
                                 ? Shayna Tomlinson     F 04/08/13 St Pauls School                 2014  xx/xx/95 x'xx" xxx Wolfeboro, NH         0- 0- 0-  0-  0
                                 ?                                 Assabet Valley U19                                                             0- 0- 0-  0-  0
                                                                                                                            total                 0- 0- 0-  0-  0

* In the RPI directory
                                # Known to have signed Letter of Intent
                                @ It is known that Jake Wood did not play in one game which in the stats he is listed as playing in.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X