Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• herbst20
    replied
    Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part III)

Charles Manley will participate in the USA Hockey U17 Selects camp starting June 27th.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    You mentioned the first part, however it seems that RC's concern is the second part. I believe the term that is commonly used in social situations is "eavesdropping". It's not necessarily a question of possibility, but rather desirability. Basically it's like everyone's vocal cords have been amplified with a bullhorn. When it comes to desirability, I'd have to say that my personal reflections on the matter are the same as what I perceive RC's to be. As usual, though, personal feelings are irrelevant when taking the role of an objective third party. As much as the poster may do something to control the audience, the question brought up by RC seems to be along the lines of why you choose to become audience to this sort of discussion the poster initiates?
    I thought that it was relevant to the topic of this thread. But let's drop the topic.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I guess that you don't understand social media either because that was exactly what I said.
    You mentioned the first part, however it seems that RC's concern is the second part. I believe the term that is commonly used in social situations is "eavesdropping". It's not necessarily a question of possibility, but rather desirability. Basically it's like everyone's vocal cords have been amplified with a bullhorn. When it comes to desirability, I'd have to say that my personal reflections on the matter are the same as what I perceive RC's to be. As usual, though, personal feelings are irrelevant when taking the role of an objective third party. As much as the poster may do something to control the audience, the question brought up by RC seems to be along the lines of why you choose to become audience to this sort of discussion the poster initiates?

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but if any bystander (read: non-hacker) is able to read something without having to request permission from the posting party, it seems public to me. Whether someone who does not personally know the poster shows interest in what the poster types or places what the poster types under scrutiny is completely a different story. Why else would many people under potentially watchful eye make their personal accounts private?
    I guess that you don't understand social media either because that was exactly what I said.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Maybe it's just me, but if any bystander (read: non-hacker) is able to read something without having to request permission from the posting party, it seems public to me. Whether someone who does not personally know the poster shows interest in what the poster types or places what the poster types under scrutiny is completely a different story. Why else would many people under potentially watchful eye make their personal accounts private?

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Ralph, you really don't understand social media if this is your defense.
    That's probably true. At least I now know the difference between a tweet and a twitt.

I'll try not to post things that seem a bit personal, but ...

I assume that you had no problem with my posting "Sioux City Musketeers of the USHL" in post #791.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-25-2013, 05:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cloud
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    No doubt there is a difference, but in both cases they are public posts.
    Ralph, you really don't understand social media if this is your defense.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

At least from twitter account that follows games https://twitter.com/Musketeerhockey, Meirs Moore did not score any additional points at the Sioux City camp. According to that account the SC team won't be named for at least a week, but Moore's own twitter account https://twitter.com/MeirsyMan indicates that he will be playing at SC "Sioux City Musketeers of the USHL"

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

No new info, but the local paper actually posted an article on Sioux City's camp: http://siouxcityjournal.com/sports/h...dfe962686.html

Meirs Moore scored an unassisted goal for Red (1-1) in the second half.
    Edit: There have been several articles, but no other mentions of Moore.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-24-2013, 12:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    Meirs Moore with Team Red's lone goal this afternoon (3-1 loss).......SiouxCity Musketeers ‏@Musketeerhockey 1h
    Meirs @MeirsyMan Moore (unassisted) wipes the goose egg off the board for Red. They still trail 2-1. #Musketeers #maincamp
    Good to see that he is producing offense which is his forte, since he didn't in his stay in the USHL last season.

Leave a comment:

• turk181
    replied

Meirs Moore with Team Red's lone goal this afternoon (3-1 loss).......SiouxCity Musketeers ‏@Musketeerhockey 1h
    Meirs @MeirsyMan Moore (unassisted) wipes the goose egg off the board for Red. They still trail 2-1. #Musketeers #maincamp

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

With Evan Tironese apparently not at Green Bay's camp, I wonder whom SA went to Milwaukee to scout.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    Meirs Moore on Team Red @ Sioux City Camp. Maybe he's grown a bit?.....listed at 5'10" 187. Hope you're able to open the link (3rd in from left)..... http://finishyourcheck.com/topic/75765-sioux-city-camp/
    As you said before I would need to get a password.

There was a discussion on one of the links that was posted when he committed to RPI that he says that he is 5'10"", but he isn't. OTOH, he could have grown.

Leave a comment:

• turk181
    replied

Meirs Moore on Team Red @ Sioux City Camp. Maybe he's grown a bit?.....listed at 5'10" 187. Hope you're able to open the link (3rd in from left)..... http://finishyourcheck.com/topic/75765-sioux-city-camp/

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    You can't tell the difference between talking about a tweet made by a coach talking about a recruiting trip, and talking about a tweet by a kid going to the gym?

Let me give you a big hint: only one of them is tweeting for the fans.
    No doubt there is a difference, but in both cases they are public posts.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X