Maine @ New Hampshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine @ New Hampshire

Very late notice to the folks on here, but UNH's DC Alumni Association is having a gamewatch at The Laughing Man Tavern near Metro Center for tonight's game. I'm not making this one myself, but we had 15 for the UVM game a couple Friday's back and are expecting a similar turnout. They get a semi-private room, 2 big screens and sound, the whole nine. Tell your friends, all are welcome.
    BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS
    CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY SPARTANS

UNH - 1985 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Champions!

2003-2004 D-III Tournament of Posters Champion
    2010 NFL Survival Pool Champion
    2014 NFL Survival Pool Co-Champion

Comment

Simple fact is this year's UNH team is better than this year's UMaine team. UMaine has played better since the break, but they are in 8th place for a reason, and UNH is in second place for a reason. UNH is playing at home both games, they may have a historical edge in this match-up at this site in recent seasons, but the reason they should win TWICE is they simply are a better team, playing at home on a surface size UMaine rarely gets to play on.

I don't care the slightest if UMaine's postseason chances hang in the balance. It was the same the last two weekends for UVM and UMass Amherst. Really, what good did it do for them? Statistics shmatistics. Go take the frickin' game.

Now it's up to Austin Block, John Henrion, and all of the other guys in white who have been talking a good game earlier this week to go out and back that talk up with some serious hockey, that once and for all shows this team is focused and will not wilt when "elimination hockey" begins next (this?) weekend. Talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words, etc.

Time for action - not for the same old, same old ...
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Given that the game tonight is on TV, the students are on spring break, and that general admission folks will elect the Saturday game ......

I predict less than 4K in attendance tonight. At least the weather has cooperated and will not be a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
          Simple fact is this year's UNH team is better than this year's UMaine team. UMaine has played better since the break, but they are in 8th place for a reason, and UNH is in second place for a reason. UNH is playing at home both games, they may have a historical edge in this match-up at this site in recent seasons, but the reason they should win TWICE is they simply are a better team, playing at home on a surface size UMaine rarely gets to play on.

I don't care the slightest if UMaine's postseason chances hang in the balance. It was the same the last two weekends for UVM and UMass Amherst. Really, what good did it do for them? Statistics shmatistics. Go take the frickin' game.

Now it's up to Austin Block, John Henrion, and all of the other guys in white who have been talking a good game earlier this week to go out and back that talk up with some serious hockey, that once and for all shows this team is focused and will not wilt when "elimination hockey" begins next (this?) weekend. Talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words, etc.

Time for action - not for the same old, same old ...
          Meh, dont worry about it Chuck. UHN will roll over the hapless Bears, Maine fanz will get what they want (Whitehead exit), and UHN will go on to win a National Championship. Its all good. And of course Priceless will declare we're all bad fans because of it.
          sure why not

Comment

Meh, I don't care what any of you say about statistics, no statistics. I'm going with the due factor tonight........Maine is due to lose again at the Whitt.

Comment

Whasssup beeches? 1 zip. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                Whasssup beeches? 1 zip. Lol
                UNH has a major opportunity with PC beating Lowell tonight...If UNH losses...they are in major trouble in HE Regular Season title hopes as it sets up a showdown at Scheinder tomorrow night.
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

2-0 Maine

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                    2-0 Maine
                    3-1 Maine now...

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                      3-1 Maine now...
                      Make that 4-1!

Comment

I guess they didn't care for having that fish thrown on the ice....
                        It could be that the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Final. UMAINE!!!!

Comment

Hats off to Maine. Good game for the Black Bears. Not so good for UNH. One of the worst games ive seen them play this season.

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                              Hats off to Maine. Good game for the Black Bears. Not so good for UNH. One of the worst games ive seen them play this season.
                              One of the best games Maine has played this year. First win for Maine at the Whittemore Center since February 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by catsfan View Post
                                Wow, now there's a great misuse of statistics!

s.
                                WOW, were you ever wrong.
                                whoever the OP was, was 100% right, that Maine was due for a win at the Whitt.
                                awesome prediction, dude....and terrible rebuttal catfan

Comment

Working...
                                X