Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onion Man
    replied
    Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

17 forwards and 9 defenseman on next year's roster? Are there any students at Boston College who won't be playing on the hockey team? I have a feeling BC will be a wagon next year.

Leave a comment:

• claver2010
    replied
    Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
    You have a lot skilled forwards coming in to mix with JG, Bill Arnold, Hayes and Smith. Some of the forwards from this year's team may be sitting but BC should have more depth next season. Also, I think Demko will be the backbone of the defense.
    Up front having everyone return is huge. That combined with the incoming freshmen will give the F a nice talent boost.

Something is going to have to give numbers wise, will be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• BCeagle
    replied

It was a nice evening at the banquet and a nice way to end the season. I'm hopeful for next season with new talent and some veterans returning. The D will still be very young but at least the sophmores will have some seasoning with MacLeod the upper classman.

You have a lot skilled forwards coming in to mix with JG, Bill Arnold, Hayes and Smith. Some of the forwards from this year's team may be sitting but BC should have more depth next season. Also, I think Demko will be the backbone of the defense.

The dinner was OK and they gave you a free autographed puck by York to commemorate his record win that broke the record. The coach got a brand new hockey bag.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
    I know he's chopped liver compared to say, Maine's incoming recruits, but sounds like Steve Santini has been the best player for Team USA this week at the U18 World Championships. He and McCoshen will be a nice addition to the D next year.
    very disappointed to not see a birth year here

Leave a comment:

• carltonbarrett
    replied

I know he's chopped liver compared to say, Maine's incoming recruits, but sounds like Steve Santini has been the best player for Team USA this week at the U18 World Championships. He and McCoshen will be a nice addition to the D next year.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
    Psh with our extremely beneficial partnership, once the red sox our eliminated, bc will move all of our homegames to fenway, after the season each cubic inch of ice will be sold for a bargain price of $99.99

Don't complain when this happens

Leave a comment:

• claver2010
    replied

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    next year both bc home games against uconn should be in fenway !!
    Psh with our extremely beneficial partnership, once the red sox our eliminated, bc will move all of our homegames to fenway, after the season each cubic inch of ice will be sold for a bargain price of $99.99

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Hoky won't be happy until uconn also gets an outdoor game, hey, why not against bc??? (Sarcasm)
    next year both bc home games against uconn should be in fenway !!

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Hoky won't be happy until uconn also gets an outdoor game, hey, why not against bc??? (Sarcasm)

Leave a comment:

• sterlippo1
    replied

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Apparently Maine/BU was confirmed as well... I assume with another game the same night. I may or may not go pending ticket pricing. If you can get a good seat for $40 maybe... if it's $80 no way.
    UML vs Northeastern is the other game, they finally have UML in there, 'bout time

in other news and this confuses me, from The Kid on his blog about the Frozen Fenway game vs Notre Dame "This also means the Eagles will not close the season with the Irish as they were originally supposed to." I'm not getting that. I thought the 2 home games at the end vs Irish are a lock??? and the FF game was non conference??
    Last edited by sterlippo1; 04-27-2013, 04:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• carltonbarrett
    replied

BC with 4 guys in the final CSB rankings top 60. McCoshen #24, Santini #47, Fitz #56, Sanford #60.

Leave a comment:

• ericredaxe
    replied

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    The All Catholic Frozen Fenway??? Jan4th, first saturday of the two week event, MC vs PC followed by Notre Dame-Boston College, cool, but i'll be watching at home. Saw the first in 2010 and nothing they put out there could ever compare, IMO. I'm all set
    Apparently Maine/BU was confirmed as well... I assume with another game the same night. I may or may not go pending ticket pricing. If you can get a good seat for $40 maybe... if it's $80 no way.

Leave a comment:

• FiveHole12
    replied

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    The All Catholic Frozen Fenway??? Jan4th, first saturday of the two week event, MC vs PC followed by Notre Dame-Boston College, cool, but i'll be watching at home. Saw the first in 2010 and nothing they put out there could ever compare, IMO. I'm all set
    I'm with ya on that. I won't be there either.
    I understand why they do it... $$$. And I'm guessing they may think it will attract the casual fan, which is probably true, for that one event. But if the thought process is to turn the casual fan into a regular fan, I don't think that's happening. You can't see the game very well and they miss the excitement and atmosphere of a college arena.
    I was at the first Frozen Fenway too, but I decided that night I'll watch any future outdoor games on the tube.

Leave a comment:

• sterlippo1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BCeagle
    replied

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
    unbelievable story, thanks for sharing

hopefully we hear regarding the banquet today.
    If you're talking about the year end, it's on the 28th of April at 5:00 PM at the Westin in Waltham

Leave a comment:

Working...
X