Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Ya, I'm not as down on straight as others. To me, given their body types, at this point in their careers, someone like linell is more disappointing.

Anyway, this team certainly can't afford to look ahead to anything. One game at a time. Need a win tonight or could end up in real trouble.

Comment

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Ya, I'm not as down on straight as others. To me, given their body types, at this point in their careers, someone like linell is more disappointing.
      I agree, Linell is pretty well built and a 92 DOB while Straight clearly needs to physically mature more (i.e. fill out) and is a 93 DOB.

Comment

Wow... 5-0 BC after two. Gaudreau and Arnold with 2 goals each, Whitney with the other.
        I guess the possibility of having to play 2 at BU with a loss tonight lit a fire under their arses.
        Hope I'm not speaking too soon.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
          Wow... 5-0 BC after two. Gaudreau and Arnold with 2 goals each, Whitney with the other.
          I guess the possibility of having to play 2 at BU with a loss tonight lit a fire under their arses.
          Hope I'm not speaking too soon.
          Fivehole12 is always all over it

Comment

For a minute, first place looked like a real possibility. Now, I'll gladly take 2nd and a return date with UVM next weekend. There were a lot worse possibilities than that. I think Mutha Fucha has UVM sweeping, so BC should be in good shape. Great win tonight. Gaudreau heating up and Alber returning...

As Doc Rivers said, don't write the obituary yet.

Comment

OK, so it looks like BU/UNH/PC all finish with 32 points. First tiebreaker is head-to-head between the tied teams:

BU: 3-2-1
              PC: 2-2-2
              UNH: 2-3-1

So, BU gets 3rd and will play Merrimack...right? Now, PC wins this tiebreaker against UNH but also wins the flat out head-to-head against UNH...so how did UNH clinch home ice today as was reported by NESN? What am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                Fivehole12 is always all over it
                Last season, I was begging for a Gaudreau-Arnold line. I gave up hope for that when it never materialized. Finally got my wish, but this year I've been wanting the Gaudreau-Arnold-Whitney line reunited.

Looks like Gaudreau-Arnold may be onto something. Tonight they combined for 4 goals and 6 assists between them. They both assisted on your favorite player's goal too, Sterlippo.
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                  Last season, I was begging for a Gaudreau-Arnold line. I gave up hope for that when it never materialized. Finally got my wish, but this year I've been wanting the Gaudreau-Arnold-Whitney line reunited.

Looks like Gaudreau-Arnold may be onto something. Tonight they combined for 4 goals and 6 assists between them. They both assisted on your favorite player's goal too, Sterlippo.
                  I like this quarter final matchup for BC. No injuries tonight, another good thing

Are tickets 10.00 for this series?
                  NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                    I like this quarter final matchup for BC. No injuries tonight, another good thing

Are tickets 10.00 for this series?
                    I believe I saw $10 for upper and $15 for lower.
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I think this will be the first time, in a long while, that the BC students will be on campus for the QF series. Their spring break is just finishing up now, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                        I think this will be the first time, in a long while, that the BC students will be on campus for the QF series. Their spring break is just finishing up now, right?
                        There may have been a year or two in the past 15 years that they had a chance to be around. But yes, they should be back for a full week before this QF series. It will be interesting to see what they can bring in for students. Not having these QFs as part of their ticket package can never be a good thing but with them being around plus hoops being dismal this year, you may see some reasonably decent student sections.
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Relatively dismal, but still improved. Finished 7-11 in the acc. Should be an NIT team next year. Even if not a huge turnout, will be nice to see some students there.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post

Hey, that's two goals in the past few games for Straight. I' d love to be proven wrong by him and a couple other guys. Not to late for any of ' em to step up. Can only help us. Great to see JG go off. Hope this is him starting a hot streak. It's essential. Good match up for us i think.......now, if only Patches hadn' t slipped at the blue line with 10 seconds to go in Providence in December ...
                            Last edited by sterlippo1; 03-10-2013, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              Great to see JG go off. Hope this is him starting a hot streak. It's essential. Good match up for us i think.......
                              Yeah 6 points, holy hell. Vaulted back up to 1st in PPG and is now 4th in total points (which is incredible given his number of games played).

And yeah Vermont is the best possible match-up for any Hockey East tournament team I would think. Things worked out really well.
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Alber cleared for Monday practice per York in the Globe. I would expect him in the Friday lineup.

Comment

Working...
                                X