Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Is it me or does it seem like forever ago this team played? Maybe it's because I purged Saturday night from my memory bank.

Somewhat related to TV, one huge thing is after this weekend, most of the games will be televised which will help a team that's going to be playing 10 forwards and 5 (maybe 6) defensemen. On that note, from reading the quotes from York and hearing from those at practice, seems like next weekend for Patch is a real possibility. Would be great for him to get back, but also obvoiusly for the team. Clearly there's going to be rust but every 10 minutes/night would be huge.

Comment

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      Total # of viewers for a UML-PC game would be between 40-50 people even when they are both having nice seasons.
      i hear ya but i wanted to see that tonight . It should be a great home and home. UNH-Maine and BU-NU doesn't make me warm and fuzzy but at least there are nationally prominent teams involved . What's FCS's reasoning behind showing UMass at Mack when PC and UML are a few minutes up the highway and the game has huge national and league implications?

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
        Is it me or does it seem like forever ago this team played? Maybe it's because I purged Saturday night from my memory bank.

Somewhat related to TV, one huge thing is after this weekend, most of the games will be televised which will help a team that's going to be playing 10 forwards and 5 (maybe 6) defensemen. On that note, from reading the quotes from York and hearing from those at practice, seems like next weekend for Patch is a real possibility. Would be great for him to get back, but also obvoiusly for the team. Clearly there's going to be rust but every 10 minutes/night would be huge.
        Slowly bringing in Patch is probably a great idea if he can go for the QFs. Get him some ice time. Shake off the rust. Etc.

Although the last time York did this it didn't work out so well (Ben Eaves only playing on the PP in 2004).
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          Although the last time York did this it didn't work out so well (Ben Eaves only playing on the PP in 2004).
          Hey, they got some extra rest before making another FF run. Pure brilliance on York's part

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            Claver, page two again! Someone posted on EA that UVM streams for free. Don't care too much about the $10 or whatever it costs but to not have to deal with the insane way you have to sign up for it then cancel it is nice. Last week i thought i was paying for the feed on PC's site and did not realize it was just audio and i bought it but we won so it didnt bother me much. I'l double down for a win tonight Just win baby! (Raiders fan here)
            Yes, UVM does stream the games for free courtesy of the alumni association. Just go to the athletics page on the UVM website.

Comment

So are we rooting for a BC win and PC/UML tie tomorrow? Or are we so spoiled, and this team has shown little signs of winning it all, so we're giving up?

Funny how the UML and PC threads are lighting up and the BC thread is on the second page.

Comment

I'm definitely not giving up. Yes, we're spoiled and yes, they haven't shown signs of winning it all. At least there were some signs of life from Gaudreau.

We want a BC win, PC/UML tie and UNH loss/tie.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                  So are we rooting for a BC win and PC/UML tie tomorrow? Or are we so spoiled, and this team has shown little signs of winning it all, so we're giving up?

Funny how the UML and PC threads are lighting up and the BC thread is on the second page.
                  no, I'm rooting for UVM now, i've switched my allegiance ..................and how may time have people here alluded to the fact that, yes, we are indeed spoiled? Just because we are realists and discuss the teams shortcomings doesn't mean we are jumping ship

and good for UML and PC they should be lighting up the threads, they've waited a long, long time. For us? not so much. Off to New York City today to help the economic lively hood of the bars and food scene. I will be watching from somewhere tonight. GO Catamounts!

Comment

I went to the UML-Providence game last night, and I'll tell you right now: The Friars are going to be tough to get rid of. Sure, I'm a BC fan first and foremost. But Providence impresses me with their size and youth. It's tough to see how they aren't one of the four at the Garden.
                    Chris V
                    Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Teams that have never won a HE RS title are in position to do so with a win tonight, and their fans are talking about it. Amazing, isn't it?
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

PC especially with a hot Gillies will be a very tough out

Not going to get into the convoluted tiebreakers but one thing that benefits BC is is the H2H against top teams. BC doesn't lose a H2H tiebreaker amongst any of the top 6 teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                          PC especially with a hot Gillies will be a very tough out

Not going to get into the convoluted tiebreakers but one thing that benefits BC is is the H2H against top teams. BC doesn't lose a H2H tiebreaker amongst any of the top 6 teams.
                          BC loses a four way tiebreaker just an FYI
                          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

PC/UML tie and a BC win would be nice, but a long shot, so I'll settle for home ice.

Concerns...
                            BC giving up 4 goals against UVM.
                            BC falling like a rock in PWR.

Positives...
                            BC's come from behind tie against UVM.
                            PWR... it's all part of the master plan.

Tighten up the D please.
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

It seems like BC needs 10 good scoring chances to finally pop one in. Missed open nets at least twice last night. Then on the other end anytime the opponents get a puck near the net it ends up behind Milner. Milner finally made some actual saves in the 3rd. Can't say this crew inspires confidence. Going to need 3 if they win a QF series. Big if.
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Told you guys that Straight was gonna come around He's doubled his scoring clip this year as he's putting up .46 PPG vs last season's .23 PPG, all while playing on a bum ankle. Obviously he's got a loooooong way to go, but hopefully he's like a lot of other top BCHL guys over the years that took 2 or 3 years to turn the corner and again, he's still only 19.
                                Last edited by carltonbarrett; 03-09-2013, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X