Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J.D.
    replied
    Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Trying to think of replacements for cav...what about chris masters?

Leave a comment:

• Federal League
    replied
    Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    random thought, but with the increased non-conference schedule, one thing i'd love to see is an official "challenge" series of games between particular conferences. like college hoops does. prob won't happen, but i don't see why it couldn't be done over a weekend at the beginning of the year.
    Bertagna said during championship weekend that Hockey East was working with the Big Ten on some sort of challenge series.

Leave a comment:

• sterlippo1
    replied

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    random thought, but with the increased non-conference schedule, one thing i'd love to see is an official "challenge" series of games between particular conferences. like college hoops does. prob won't happen, but i don't see why it couldn't be done over a weekend at the beginning of the year.
    i like this

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

short-term i could see a bit of a negative impact...that's only natural. long-term? have to believe BC will make a top notch hire in replacing cav.

Leave a comment:

• Kenny
    replied

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    all true i believe but if he's the guy for BC when Jerry retires he's outta Storrs..............I wonder if there is a clause in the contract that if the BC job opens up he has an out

anyway, best of luck to him, he no doubt deserves it and the time we didnt want to come, finally came and we lost him....................for now. Best fit for Connecticut but i'm a bit biased
    How big of an impact will this have on BC Hockey? Guys like Hoky think that a trained chimp could do the job, so using that rationale, it shouldn't have a significant impact at all. It's going to be interesting to see how losing Jerry's long time right hand man will affect this club.

Leave a comment:

• sterlippo1
    replied

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
    Should Jerry last another 5 years as Head coach this will make for an interesting transition if Cavs lights it up in Connecticut. UConn fans should not worry about that possibility as they would have Cav for several years before it could happen and if it does UConn would be in great shape at the time anyway.
    all true i believe but if he's the guy for BC when Jerry retires he's outta Storrs..............I wonder if there is a clause in the contract that if the BC job opens up he has an out

anyway, best of luck to him, he no doubt deserves it and the time we didnt want to come, finally came and we lost him....................for now. Best fit for Connecticut but i'm a bit biased

Leave a comment:

• mwade
    replied

Now official - http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m...050813aac.html

Leave a comment:

• BC/HE
    replied

Cavanaugh had been an associate head coach for many years. Brown was just elevated to that same position a year ago. Whoever fills the vacancy most likely will be an assistant coach instead so essentially they would not be replacing Cavs but rather filling in the spot Brown had the year before. Should Jerry last another 5 years as Head coach this will make for an interesting transition if Cavs lights it up in Connecticut. UConn fans should not worry about that possibility as they would have Cav for several years before it could happen and if it does UConn would be in great shape at the time anyway.

Leave a comment:

• mwade
    replied

He's with USA Hockey, heads up one of the ADM regions.

Ben Eaves has coached BC before; was a volunteer coach during '06 F4 while injured. I think at one point he was going to coach in Finland and then was able to play. Not sure what his status was this year; only listed as player.

Leave a comment:

• irishfan85
    replied

This is not to suggest he should replace Cavanaugh, but what is Scott Paluch up to these days? He left to become the head coach at BGSU and got fired after a few years.

Leave a comment:

• FiveHole12
    replied

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
    Although if you ask Hoky, a 2 year old could do his job and win that many NCAA Championships.
    For the record, it was his dog that's a helluva recruiter.

Congratulations to coach Cavs. Well deserved and I wish him the best of luck in his new endeavor.

All righty then... who we gonna replace him with?

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Early candidates to replace him? Will brown have a lot of say?

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Per a few CT reporters on Twitter, UConn is in "final negotiations" with Cavanaugh to become head coach there.
    nice

Leave a comment:

• Hokydad
    replied

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
    Guy deserves a shot and UConn is the perfect place for him. A young, passionate leader who knows what it takes to establish a winning program. Glad someone finally recognized. If you ask Jim Logue, he's THE best recruiter and the most underrated coaching talent out there. Although if you ask Hoky, a 2 year old could do his job and win that many NCAA Championships. Let's see.....Jim Logue or Hoky? I'll go with Mr. Logue.

Good for Cav, wish nothing but the best, except in Conte of course.
    Good for him. York would have the exact same number of natl championships no matter who was his assistants.
    Logue is far to classy to say anything but and I am sure he also believes it. Berard did an amazing job last eyar and surprised he didnt get a shot. Gwoz priced himself out early

Leave a comment:

Working...
X