Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Still not a fan of what the lines appear to be. Judging from that article, 24 and 13 will be together. 27 and 11 will be together. And 23 and 14 will be together.

I'm intrigued by Sullivan on offense. He has some size. Put him with Gaudreau and Arnold and tell him to concuss any punk that takes liberties with JG. And in the meantime, he can maybe do a little grinding offensively on that line and could create some space for JG. I am assuming he will end up on the 4th line with Spiro and McMullen and barely play but maybe he gets 3rd line time with Brown and Dyroff. That could be an interesting line.

There's a reason why I wasn't up in arms about the Linell turnover vs. PC on goal #1 last weekend (it was horrible but whatever). Tough to blame a kid not playing his usual position. But it shows good character that he was willing to step up and volunteer to switch to D.

It'd be nice to see these guys win two consecutive games. They have exactly one winning streak since Dec 1st (3 wins over UVM, Harvard, and NU)
    Yeah looks like it'll be
    13-11-27
    17-24-21
    18-23-14

On Saturday, I'd prefer 9 gets some run over 18 ($h!t over 17 too but that won't happen).

Reality is the last 3 forwards (whoever they are depending on Fri/Sat) are probably going to get minimal to zero time.

Agreed, would be a nice time for them to start putting some Ws together. Also 13 to pick it up, granted those go hand in hand. Remember, that 08 team was 1-4-1 to end the regular season.
    Last edited by claver2010; 03-07-2013, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post

Remember, that 08 team was 1-4-1 to end the regular season.
      then ran the table out scoring everyone 38-13 including one of my favorite games of all time, the epic , twice won, triple OT game vs UNH in the HE semi's. thing is, the players not on the top two lines on that team could play, on this team, not so much

Comment

does anyone remember where BC sat in the PWR going into that game with UNH? were they in even if they lost?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          does anyone remember where BC sat in the PWR going into that game with UNH? were they in even if they lost?
          good question, i don't remember . What about 2009 when they missed out? If they had won that friday night game vs NU that they lost in OT after NU tied it at 1 with less than a minute to go ,would that have done the trick or did we have to beat BU in the semis ?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            good question, i don't remember . What about 2009 when they missed out? If they had won that friday night game vs NU that they lost in OT after NU tied it at 1 with less than a minute to go ,would that have done the trick or did we have to beat BU in the semis ?
            Either game would have had identical PWRs impacts besides in COp or if that win could have possibly flipped the comparison with NU on H2H, were they really just one win away? OSU was the last team in at 15, BC finished at 18th, would a winning percentage change of .027 have passed all 3 teams or would they have needed an additional win as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
              Either game would have had identical PWRs impacts besides in COp or if that win could have possibly flipped the comparison with NU on H2H, were they really just one win away? OSU was the last team in at 15, BC finished at 18th, would a
              winning percentage change of .027 have passed all 3 teams or would they have needed an additional win as well?
              Good stuff. Prolly needed both of those games then. I feel better mow

Comment

i think grant was looking for this a couple weeks ago...

*****http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/50B92883-D3C4-4283-958D-D599A7BD4D77-3558-000002F3ACD6892E_zps4fcda492.jpg******
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

In 2008 BC was safe in the PWR even if they lost to UNH in the semifinals. They finished as a 1 seed, but would have been a 2 at the worst if UNH had won. It's why Jerry played for the tie in the regular season final weekend in OT instead of going all out for the win and a chance at the HEA regular season title.

In 2009, BC went into the HEA Tournament needing to win the entire thing or miss the NCAA tourny. Even a win over BU and loss in the final wouldn't have gotten us in.

Comment

Is Sullivan really so bad where York feels more comfortable skating a 5' 7" mediocre at best forward in his place? Who's recruiting these guys!

Comment

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Originally posted by BCJacket5 View Post
                      In 2008 BC was safe in the PWR even if they lost to UNH in the semifinals. They finished as a 1 seed, but would have been a 2 at the worst if UNH had won. It's why Jerry played for the tie in the regular season final weekend in OT instead of going all out for the win and a chance at the HEA regular season title.
                      I think you're confusing years. The year where UNH came back from 3-0 down in Durham to tie BC and win the RS title was 2010. In 2008, BC finished as a #2 seed as a result of beating UNH and UVM.

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                      Is Sullivan really so bad where York feels more comfortable skating a 5' 7" mediocre at best forward in his place? Who's recruiting these guys!
                      It's certainly puzzling. Thank God Alber is returning even if he is rusty. Don't know much about Sullivan, but I thought he was considered a decent recruit. Won't really matter anyway with the guys they have coming in next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        It's certainly puzzling. Thank God Alber is returning even if he is rusty. Don't know much about Sullivan, but I thought he was considered a decent recruit. Won't really matter anyway with the guys they have coming in next year.
                        Lots of scholly money tied up with some pretty ineffective players, at least ineffective as of right now(i.e. Sullivan, Straight, Linell, Silk).

Comment

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          i think grant was looking for this a couple weeks ago...

*****http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/50B92883-D3C4-4283-958D-D599A7BD4D77-3558-000002F3ACD6892E_zps4fcda492.jpg******
                          HAHAHAHAHAHAHA YES

You are the best.
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Claver, page two again! Someone posted on EA that UVM streams for free. Don't care too much about the $10 or whatever it costs but to not have to deal with the insane way you have to sign up for it then cancel it is nice. Last week i thought i was paying for the feed on PC's site and did not realize it was just audio and i bought it but we won so it didnt bother me much. I'l double down for a win tonight Just win baby! (Raiders fan here)

Comment

you gotta wonder about the TV schedule. There are 3 games televised and none of them are the PC-UML game, what the heck?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                you gotta wonder about the TV schedule. There are 3 games televised and none of them are the PC-UML game, what the heck?
                                Total # of viewers for a UML-PC game would be between 40-50 people even when they are both having nice seasons.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X