Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/news/story?id=6197210

But to get a true sense of Logue's value to the program, consider BC head coach Jerry York's assessment. "He's almost like a quarterback coach," York says.

With one important distinction. While most D-I football programs employ between 10 and 11 paid coaches -- seemingly a coach for every position -- hockey programs have a head coach and two paid assistants. And rarely is one of those positions filled by the goalie coach. The job, frankly, is a labor of love.....
    Awesome job finding this man, I was just trying to find a rule on this anywhere and couldn't. Do we know if Ayers is going to be paid or not?If he is going to be paid, would one of the 3 other candidates be willing to come in as a volunteer assistant.

Comment

• Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
      Awesome job finding this man, I was just trying to find a rule on this anywhere and couldn't. Do we know if Ayers is going to be paid or not?If he is going to be paid, would one of the 3 other candidates be willing to come in as a volunteer assistant.
      Only allowed two paid coaches on staff and one volunteer or grad assistant. Logue was the volunteer on staff. The reason they hired ayers, who will be getting paid, is because it hits two birds with one stone...yes, this means ayers beat out eaves, mattau, and guiliano for the job---unless one of those guys wants to work for free. I hear cav is hiring mattau over at uconn along with brown's mike souza. Did cav win the first recruiting battle?

Comment

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

If york and cav both wanted mottau, I highly doubt mottau would go to uconn. Ayers wasn't an out of nowhere choice either, he was mentioned as a candidate like the other guys.

If bc does add another coach, have to believe it will be a well off guy around 55-60. Can't see it beeing eaves or giuliano now.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          We weren't kidding when we told him he'd be working for us one day.
          Must spread rep....
          Originally posted by mookie1995
          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by dover4345 View Post
            Did cav win the first recruiting battle?
            It appears so.

As much as people don't want to admit this, and contrary to popular Hoky belief, BC hockey is going to miss Coach Cav's recruiting and salesmanship big time. The guy will talk to anyone, he is as genuine as they come, he has won multiple NCAA championships and been in the business 20 years. Brownie is a great guy and an even better hockey player, but he is not Cav and he does not possess the same personality traits that makes Cav such a successful recruiter.

Lastly, Loguey and Cav are tight, Logue's decision is his own, but I find it hard to believe that if Cav were still on the other end of the head set, he would be calling it quits.

But, per Hoky, a trained monkey could do their jobs, so it doesn't matter.

Comment

Kenny, I'm not following you. What recruiting battle did Cav win?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Kenny, I'm not following you. What recruiting battle did Cav win?
                This should be a good one!
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

RPI Blog Without a Peer article about BC http://www.withoutapeer.com/2013/05/...n-college.html.

I have no connection to WaP except as a reader.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Interesting read, but did Milner lead BC to two national titles? I thought Muse played in 2010, no?
                    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      This should be a good one!
                      Really? Should be a good one?

Call me crazy, but I'd rather have Mike Mottau in the program than this Ayers guy. If Cav did get Mottau, that's a win. Conspiracy theorists will tell you Brownie was pushing for Ayers because he is not an alum. Hence less competition when JY leaves. Hope that is not true. I just think Mottau or any one of those BC candidates would have been a better 2nd asst choice.

I just fear that with Logue and Cavanaugh gone, there's an emotional fire gone with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                        Really? Should be a good one?

Call me crazy, but I'd rather have Mike Mottau in the program than this Ayers guy. If Cav did get Mottau, that's a win. Conspiracy theorists will tell you Brownie was pushing for Ayers because he is not an alum. Hence less competition when JY leaves. Hope that is not true. I just think Mottau or any one of those BC candidates would have been a better 2nd asst choice.

I just fear that with Logue and Cavanaugh gone, there's an emotional fire gone with them.
                        Yes. It clearly is obvious that you guys are now going to the dumpsters. Chit, you'all be lucky to win 10 games next season... Hiring touchdown Mikey and all...who has the beachball picture?
                        Last edited by all bear; 05-30-2013, 05:38 AM.
                        sure why not

Comment

Kenny, where are you getting your info from? Anyway, if mottau *chose* uconn over bc then yes, that's a recruiting win for cav. There is zero indication that that is what happened. It's funny that you're down in the dumps over ayers when we all know cav isn't a bc
                          grad either and he did just fine. Calling him "this ayers guy" is completely unfair. You should know who he is just from his playing days alone, nevermind why he was actually hired--that being his work with the us national development program.

Comment

The coaching staff wasn't going to remain intact forever. Change was inevitable. It's not like cav and logue were fired.

Comment

Greg Brown and Mike Ayers may not have the personality of Mike Cavanaugh. But BC has so many recruits already lined up, that Brown and Ayers just have to make sure these kids stay on course and show up at the Heights. (At least, at the beginning.)

Comment

Do you know that Ayers DOES NOT have such a personality, or just speculating? I don't know Mike Cavanaugh from a Black Bear, but Mike Ayers has a very engaging personality.
                                Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X