Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

This is not to suggest he should replace Cavanaugh, but what is Scott Paluch up to these days? He left to become the head coach at BGSU and got fired after a few years.

Comment

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

He's with USA Hockey, heads up one of the ADM regions.

Ben Eaves has coached BC before; was a volunteer coach during '06 F4 while injured. I think at one point he was going to coach in Finland and then was able to play. Not sure what his status was this year; only listed as player.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
      HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
      HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Cavanaugh had been an associate head coach for many years. Brown was just elevated to that same position a year ago. Whoever fills the vacancy most likely will be an assistant coach instead so essentially they would not be replacing Cavs but rather filling in the spot Brown had the year before. Should Jerry last another 5 years as Head coach this will make for an interesting transition if Cavs lights it up in Connecticut. UConn fans should not worry about that possibility as they would have Cav for several years before it could happen and if it does UConn would be in great shape at the time anyway.

Comment

Now official - http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m...050813aac.html

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
          HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
          HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
            Should Jerry last another 5 years as Head coach this will make for an interesting transition if Cavs lights it up in Connecticut. UConn fans should not worry about that possibility as they would have Cav for several years before it could happen and if it does UConn would be in great shape at the time anyway.
            all true i believe but if he's the guy for BC when Jerry retires he's outta Storrs..............I wonder if there is a clause in the contract that if the BC job opens up he has an out

anyway, best of luck to him, he no doubt deserves it and the time we didnt want to come, finally came and we lost him....................for now. Best fit for Connecticut but i'm a bit biased

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              all true i believe but if he's the guy for BC when Jerry retires he's outta Storrs..............I wonder if there is a clause in the contract that if the BC job opens up he has an out

anyway, best of luck to him, he no doubt deserves it and the time we didnt want to come, finally came and we lost him....................for now. Best fit for Connecticut but i'm a bit biased
              How big of an impact will this have on BC Hockey? Guys like Hoky think that a trained chimp could do the job, so using that rationale, it shouldn't have a significant impact at all. It's going to be interesting to see how losing Jerry's long time right hand man will affect this club.

Comment

short-term i could see a bit of a negative impact...that's only natural. long-term? have to believe BC will make a top notch hire in replacing cav.

Comment

random thought, but with the increased non-conference schedule, one thing i'd love to see is an official "challenge" series of games between particular conferences. like college hoops does. prob won't happen, but i don't see why it couldn't be done over a weekend at the beginning of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    random thought, but with the increased non-conference schedule, one thing i'd love to see is an official "challenge" series of games between particular conferences. like college hoops does. prob won't happen, but i don't see why it couldn't be done over a weekend at the beginning of the year.
                    i like this

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Bertagna said during championship weekend that Hockey East was working with the Big Ten on some sort of challenge series.
                      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Trying to think of replacements for cav...what about chris masters?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Trying to think of replacements for cav...what about chris masters?
                          Mike Mottau?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                            Mike Mottau?
                            Hokydad appears to be the front runner...with all of his "inside" information you know he is well connected... Job is his for the taking....

Comment

All the players would need to get restraining orders

Comment

When hoky's recruiting dog dies, that could be a problem.
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X