Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

BTW, McMullen now dressing ahead of Spiro...anyone with insight on that?

Comment

Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Considering the style of play of the two teams last weekend, BC getting a player suspended for an uncalled hit is surprising to say the least. I agree probably means PC *****ed.

No clue on McMullen over Spiro. In the limited time I have seen both of them, I thought Spiro brought more to the table, but again it is limited.

Comment

I'm kind of happy Silk got suspended for doing something (whatever it was). God knows this team needs more toughness, grit, and nastiness and just about no one else is able to provide it.

Spiro outplayed half the players on this team in most of the games he was in. He must be in the doghouse if he's getting jumped over by McMullen. Or he is showing to be a defensive problem (tough to say but this would surprise me). Most games he played he was on my very limited list of guys that did something positive on the offensive side of the ice.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

Playing on this team should be punishment enough.
          At least we have something to talk about now... this thread was pretty stinking boring.
          these are kind of related.............

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
            Didn't you guys end last game with 17 healthy skaters on roster? Will you be at 16 active for Friday? You don't see that everyday.
            and we may see it again, this from BCinterruption:

"If Whitney and Wey can't go on Friday, BC will dress only 16 healthy skaters, two fewer than the limit."

Comment

His only problem is not being scholarship.

I'm kind of happy Silk got suspended for doing something (whatever it was). God knows this team needs more toughness, grit, and nastiness and just about no one else is able to provide it.

Spiro outplayed half the players on this team in most of the games he was in. He must be in the doghouse if he's getting jumped over by McMullen. Or he is showing to be a defensive problem (tough to say but this would surprise me). Most games he played he was on my very limited list of guys that did something positive on the offensive side of the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                and we may see it again, this from BCinterruption:

"If Whitney and Wey can't go on Friday, BC will dress only 16 healthy skaters, two fewer than the limit."
                I believe both will go but with Silk suspended, there's no one behind them...

Comment

I have nothing to add to the content of the thread, I just had to comment on the title.

Fracking brilliant. Kudos.
                  I haven't been on here in a year...
                  Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Agreed, good job by TTT20

Great news on the injury front:
                    Wey practiced fully, is good to go
                    Whitney practiced, probable
                    Patch practiced in a non contact jersey, if not next week, definitely the following.

In the odd news, Linell will stay on D (he was the one who approached York when there were only 5 left) and Sullivan will dress as a F. Though I assume we'll see minimal time from the 4th line, especially on Friday sans Silk.

Comment

I was just proud of the fact that I made our thread probably the first one ever to include a semicolon...
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        I was just proud of the fact that I made our thread probably the first one ever to include a semicolon...
                        Author! Author! I hope he gets the message. Time for him to get hot

Comment

with the talk concerning Silk on here and EA, i just posted this there and figured i'd post here to anyone that saw last friday's game.

Did anyone see the hit Whitney took into the goal post that caused his injury? was that clean? I did not, that's why I'm asking. I didn't know thats what caused his injury but read this morning that he was pushed into the goal post by a PC player

Comment

If Alber is truly good to go in the QFs, that would be huge. Gives him a chance to work out the kinks/rust before the NCAA tourney. Kudos to Linell for approaching York, but I would anticipate a heavy dose of five dmen this weekend. We'll see. Not like Linell was doing anything up front anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              with the talk concerning Silk on here and EA, i just posted this there and figured i'd post here to anyone that saw last friday's game.

Did anyone see the hit Whitney took into the goal post that caused his injury? was that clean? I did not, that's why I'm asking. I didn't know thats what caused his injury but read this morning that he was pushed into the goal post by a PC player
                              Of course it was clean. Only BC guys play dirty.

I guess you can throw Bigos in there too, although his cross-check forcing Mullane on top of Marrota was all Mullane's fault for being on the ice, the dirty bahstad.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Still not a fan of what the lines appear to be. Judging from that article, 24 and 13 will be together. 27 and 11 will be together. And 23 and 14 will be together.

I'm intrigued by Sullivan on offense. He has some size. Put him with Gaudreau and Arnold and tell him to concuss any punk that takes liberties with JG. And in the meantime, he can maybe do a little grinding offensively on that line and could create some space for JG. I am assuming he will end up on the 4th line with Spiro and McMullen and barely play but maybe he gets 3rd line time with Brown and Dyroff. That could be an interesting line.

There's a reason why I wasn't up in arms about the Linell turnover vs. PC on goal #1 last weekend (it was horrible but whatever). Tough to blame a kid not playing his usual position. But it shows good character that he was willing to step up and volunteer to switch to D.

It'd be nice to see these guys win two consecutive games. They have exactly one winning streak since Dec 1st (3 wins over UVM, Harvard, and NU)
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X