Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CollegeHockeyRinkReport
    replied
    Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....college-hockey

My story on BC recruit Zach Sanford

Leave a comment:

• Onion Man
    replied
    Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

It's going to be awesome seeing BC play at Meehan next winter. Hopefully there's a big crowd for this one.

Leave a comment:

• bcuafmsu2
    replied

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    only time i remember bc playing at yost was when jack johnson was a wolverine. there was another matchup but it was on a neutral site in the ice breaker. i remember msu coming to town in the early york days (pre '98) where bc knocked off the highly ranked spartans. can not remember michigan ever coming to conte.
    BC beat Michigan, 5-1, at Conte in Dec. 1990

Leave a comment:

• Nick Papagiorgio
    replied

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    only time i remember bc playing at yost was when jack johnson was a wolverine. there was another matchup but it was on a neutral site in the ice breaker. i remember msu coming to town in the early york days (pre '98) where bc knocked off the highly ranked spartans. can not remember michigan ever coming to conte.
    Guess you're right. We just play them a LOT out in the midwest between the one game on their own ice and the Icebreakers and GLIs. Though we have managed to get them out east in Manchester (2004), Albany (2001), and Boston (1998) for the NCAA tournament.

I think that game at Yost was when the poor Michigan announcer pooped his pants when Jack Johnson rang a slapshot off Schneider's mask, knocking it right off his melon. It's rare you see someone get that excited about such a non-event.

The Icebreaker was in 2007 in St. Paul. Pretty great game, including a phenomenal effort to tie the game by Benn Ferriero late in the 3rd period before Dan Bertram smacked a puck off his own goal line that went in off a teammate crashing the crease for an own goal OT winner for Michigan.

Leave a comment:

• claver2010
    replied

BC last went to Yost in 05 according to their schedule release: http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock..._source=feedly

We played them in the GLI last season as well.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nick Papagiorgio
    replied

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
    Sat 11/9: Wisco
    Sun 11/10: Army
    OK now you're just ticking me off.

Hey why do we continue to go to Yost and never get them to return a game to Conte? It's been at least 15 years since they've visited Conte and BC has been to Yost several times I believe.

Leave a comment:

• claver2010
    replied

First, 2nd page

Looks like OOC is coming together, thanks to BCI for tabulating

Th 10/10: @ Michigan (season opener)
    Sun 10/13: RPI
    Fri 10/25: @ Minn
    Sat 10/26:@ Minn
    Sat 11/9: Wisco
    Sun 11/10: Army
    Fri 11/29: Holy Cross
    3 Rivers tournament
    3 Rivers tournament
    Sat 1/11: @ Brown
    Beanpot
    Beanpot

Leave a comment:

• sterlippo1
    replied

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Two years ago I missed a thrashing at the hands of BU at Conte over this same weekend.
    and it was on a.........................Sunday!

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    I don't even go to those. Sunday games are the suck
    "the suck"................hmmm, I had not heard that in that context, i like it

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Ya, I don't like the Sunday games either, but I still go...

Leave a comment:

• Nick Papagiorgio
    replied

Quit your whining. Man up and get to this game. Football is for sissies who can't skate (unless you're Tony Voce and you just get bored with playing hockey).

The fact that we're hosting Army is great. A real honor to have them in our rink and I'm thrilled they are on the schedule.

Since we're talking schedules here tentatively, anything scheduled for Veteran's Day weekend? Two years ago I missed a thrashing at the hands of BU at Conte over this same weekend.

Leave a comment:

• claver2010
    replied

no home football game that saturday either, odd

also army is coming up the weekend before, would've been a nice doubleheader weekend.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    anyone want my tickets for this Sunday game? Are you effing kidding me again? During football season I will go to a Sunday game if it's vs BU . Period
    I don't even go to those. Sunday games are the suck

Leave a comment:

• FiveHole12
    replied

Guys... those reasons are pretty weak.

Here's a good reason... that's my anniversary weekend and we usually go away for 3 to 4 days. Then again, if 'away' this year is a Cape Cod golf weekend, I just might trek up for the game.

Leave a comment:

• sterlippo1
    replied

anyone want my tickets for this Sunday game? Are you effing kidding me again? During football season I will go to a Sunday game if it's vs BU . Period

Leave a comment:

Working...
X