Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
    Pretty sure that the season ending series rotates two years at a time, so that would mean the following year BC would end with two at Notre Dame.
    Correct, though everything might be thrown out iwth going from 10 to 11 to 12 teams.

Anyone heard whether the Frozen Fenway is going to be OOC?

Comment

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
      Correct, though everything might be thrown out iwth going from 10 to 11 to 12 teams.

Anyone heard whether the Frozen Fenway is going to be OOC?
      If the two at Conte at the end of the year are the conf games for the season between the two teams then I would assume it has to be OOC like a Beanpot game would be. Right?
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        If the two at Conte at the end of the year are the conf games for the season between the two teams then I would assume it has to be OOC like a Beanpot game would be. Right?
        makes sense. How odd is it to play two different teams in your own league in the same year and have one against each of them be OOC games?

Comment

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...ction-boston-/

"...He has been playing with Norfolk, but the Admirals had just finished playing in Providence, R.I., on Sunday night. While they stayed there before heading to play Syracuse later this week, Steven returned to Boston College.

“He went home to finish up some schoolwork, square away some classes,” Joe Whitney said. “He’s trying to graduate, so he’s got to go back and finish some exams.”..."

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
          HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
          HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Received this email today re: Pikes Peak Club banquet:

"Dear Parents, Team Members, BC Athletic Department Staff, Board Members, Club Members and BC Hockey Supporters-

Yesterday, during the height of an extremely tense day, we all watched with intense anticipation of the capture of the at large terrorist. Simultaneously, The Pike’s Peak Hockey Club Board was assessing the appropriateness of proceeding with our awards banquet scheduled for Sunday in light of the community security issues. Numerous people were contacted to measure their position on proceeding with the banquet while there was still a “community lock-down” in place. As you all know, the atmosphere was unsettling and quite unnerving.

After consulting with many people involved in the planning and preparation of our banquet, we decided to “postpone” the event and work on a reschedule date to recognize the achievements of not only a very special class in BC Hockey history but also recognize the contributions of all team members. The process to postpone the banquet was difficult but we had to make a decision that we felt was in the best interests of everyone associated with the team, The Pike’s Peak Hockey Club, our membership and our community.

At this time, we are working on arranging another date and possibly another venue to host our awards event. We are in communication with the Westin Waltham Hotel to determine availability there next weekend. Additionally, we are also working with BC to determine the availability of hosting our event on campus. By no means will we diminish the focus or program this class and team richly deserves. I hope you all understand our decision and the process we endured to make this decision under the most extraordinary circumstances. We are part of the BC family and always will be. Although we have been rattled by these horrific acts, we remain steadfast in support of our team and our community. Finally, if you know anyone who was planning on attending our banquet, please let them know we are in the process of rescheduling it for next week at a date/venue to be determined.

I look forward to sharing our revised banquet plans with you by Monday. Thanks to all for your understanding and support.

We Are BC and Boston Strong!

Sincerely-

Barry Hynes"
            Boston College Eagles
            NCAA Champions
            1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Bentley University Falcons

Comment

so Holy Cross is on the schedule. I wonder when the last time we played "The Cross"?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                so Holy Cross is on the schedule. I wonder when the last time we played "The Cross"?
                Actually was not all that long ago 2004-2005. All time series is BC 15 HC 1 with the 1 Holy Cross win being a shutout..First game.1927-28 ..Last game..2004-05 ....G..16 ....BC W..15 ....HC W...1 ..T..0...BC GF...98 ..HC GF...38...BC SO..3...HC SO..1

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                  Actually was not all that long ago 2004-2005. All time series is BC 15 HC 1 with the 1 Holy Cross win being a shutout..First game.1927-28 ..Last game..2004-05 ....G..16 ....BC W..15 ....HC W...1 ..T..0...BC GF...98 ..HC GF...38...BC SO..3...HC SO..1
                  almost 10 years ago..........a little surprising to me so see them scheduled but with so many OOC games coming up i guess we cant schedule all of them with the powerhouse teams

Comment

Jocko wrote about York's experience during Watertown http://bostonherald.com/sports/colle...night_for_york

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

unbelievable story, thanks for sharing

hopefully we hear regarding the banquet today.

Comment

Has anyone here had any luck with this guy?

http://hockeymandiscs.webs.com/collegehockey.htm

I emailed him about trading, but I haven't heard back. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                          unbelievable story, thanks for sharing

hopefully we hear regarding the banquet today.
                          If you're talking about the year end, it's on the 28th of April at 5:00 PM at the Westin in Waltham
                          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

The All Catholic Frozen Fenway??? Jan4th, first saturday of the two week event, MC vs PC followed by Notre Dame-Boston College, cool, but i'll be watching at home. Saw the first in 2010 and nothing they put out there could ever compare, IMO. I'm all set

Comment

The All Catholic Frozen Fenway??? Jan4th, first saturday of the two week event, MC vs PC followed by Notre Dame-Boston College, cool, but i'll be watching at home. Saw the first in 2010 and nothing they put out there could ever compare, IMO. I'm all set
                              I'm with ya on that. I won't be there either.
                              I understand why they do it... $$$. And I'm guessing they may think it will attract the casual fan, which is probably true, for that one event. But if the thought process is to turn the casual fan into a regular fan, I don't think that's happening. You can't see the game very well and they miss the excitement and atmosphere of a college arena.
                              I was at the first Frozen Fenway too, but I decided that night I'll watch any future outdoor games on the tube.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Apparently Maine/BU was confirmed as well... I assume with another game the same night. I may or may not go pending ticket pricing. If you can get a good seat for $40 maybe... if it's $80 no way.

Comment

Working...
                                X