Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
    @johngaudreau03
    Excited for my junior year with #bchockey

@WarrenKZola
    Beware 2013-14 @BostonCollege hockey opponents, there shall be no early defections to the @NHL from Coach York's squad this year.

@GJoyce9: Got confirmation: Johnny Gaudreau, Michael Matheson, and Bill Arnold are all staying at BC, in addition to Kevin Hayes
    well, mookie is glad. when bu whips up on the igles he wants it to be against your best!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

@johngaudreau03
      Excited for my junior year with #bchockey

@WarrenKZola
      Beware 2013-14 @BostonCollege hockey opponents, there shall be no early defections to the @NHL from Coach York's squad this year.

@GJoyce9: Got confirmation: Johnny Gaudreau, Michael Matheson, and Bill Arnold are all staying at BC, in addition to Kevin Hayes
      Thanks. That's great news for next year.

Comment

Looks like the former voice of BC hockey, Jon Rish, is leaving the radio industry entirely after being asked to take a 30% pay cut by Entercom. His last Sox game will be April 24. Always enjoyed listening to him call a game (BC that is).

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Looks like the former voice of BC hockey, Jon Rish, is leaving the radio industry entirely after being asked to take a 30% pay cut by Entercom. His last Sox game will be April 24. Always enjoyed listening to him call a game (BC that is).
          guess he didn't scoooooooorrrrrrrrrrre

Comment

Some notes from Greg Joyce on Gaudreau staying:

Wanted to get his education, play with his brother, & doesn't like how this season ended. He was under the impression that if he signed he'd go straight to Calgary.

Interesting stat from Warren Zola, in the last 5 years, 130 players have left college early, 72% have played in less than 41 NHL games

Comment

So his brother is coming in next year? Haven't seen his name mentioned with the other freshmen forwards.

Comment

He was under the impression that if he signed he'd go straight to Calgary.
                who ever gave him that impression needs to be burned at the stake

Interesting stat from Warren Zola, in the last 5 years, 130 players have left college early, 72% have played in less than 41 NHL games
                that's quite a stat

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post

that's quite a stat
                  Moral of the story: Stay and get your degree!

Comment

Wanted to get his education, play with his brother, & doesn't like how this season ended. He was under the impression that if he signed he'd go straight to Calgary.
                    I wonder if this is accurate? While I'm no NHL scout, I would think that he could use another year or two of growing / filling out / man strength to go with his ultra high talent level.

Comment

Calgary does suck but ya, I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        I wonder if this is accurate? While I'm no NHL scout, I would think that he could use another year or two of growing / filling out / man strength to go with his ultra high talent level.
                        he needs to grow physically and maturity wise. i read some article where he still swears off vegetables and eats crap so, unless he starts to change that this is what he'll be

Comment

Agreed. Gerbe was more built and it took him a while to be a regular. The Sabres aren't exactly the Blackhawks either.

Moral of the story: Stay and get your degree!
                          Definitely. I think York said it (but I may be wrong) but 90% of kids who stay 3 years get their degree. Only 50% who stay for 2 do.

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          So his brother is coming in next year? Haven't seen his name mentioned with the other freshmen forwards.
                          I knew it was a possibility, I still question it though. Quick back of the envelop math/memory I believe that puts us at 17 forwards for 12 spots?

Comment

next year's schedule has Notre Dame at Conte to finish the regular season. Noteworthy in that it seems HE actually put some thought into this........had to get us off page 3

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              next year's schedule has Notre Dame at Conte to finish the regular season. Noteworthy in that it seems HE actually put some thought into this........had to get us off page 3
                              i know BC has finished with UVM the last couple of seasons but prior to that it was UNH for a stretch of time that BC finished with. that was pretty good seeing as that both teams seemed to always be in contnention for the regular season title.
                              National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                              Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                              Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                              two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                              b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Pretty sure that the season ending series rotates two years at a time, so that would mean the following year BC would end with two at Notre Dame.

Comment

Working...
                                X