Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    - BU's season finished on an upswing. The loss to UML hurt, but it's pretty clear now just how good that team is, so BU fans have reason to argue that they were the second best team in HE at the end of the year.
    Using that logic then Maine has a bright future too as they lost their last game to Lowell by one goal as well, and that game was AT Lowell, not a neutral site like TD Garden.

Comment

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

BU played inspired hockey because of parker retiring. They get credit for that but there were no indications of them being good prior to the announcement (unless you want to hang your hat on beating nu).

What does it say about a team that they needed that motivation? I'd be ****ed and left wondering where was this against harvard/nu earlier in the year.

Comment

When are BU and BC fans going to get over it and just merge the threads????
        Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
          Excuse me, Egon, merging the threads is bad.
          Bugs Bunny - 96
          Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Those interested in the end of the year banquet, it's on April 21 at the Westin Hotel in Waltham. Starts at 1:00 PM.

Call the BC hockey office for info and you make check out to Pikes Peak ($75)
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
              Those interested in the end of the year banquet, it's on April 21 at the Westin Hotel in Waltham. Starts at 1:00 PM.

Call the BC hockey office for info and you make check out to Pikes Peak ($75)
              waltham college??!?!!
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                Using that logic then Maine has a bright future too as they lost their last game to Lowell by one goal as well, and that game was AT Lowell, not a neutral site like TD Garden.
                I disagree. When I say on an upswing, I'm not referring only to the last game, or even the last two. Certainly, upsetting BC in the semis was a high point. But when I say an upswing, I'm referring to the 6 wins in 7 games or whatever they were going into the HE Championship.

JD - trust me, I was ticked off during that horrible stretch. And BU fans know that winning two of those four against NU and Harvard, maybe even one, might have made the difference. More importantly, the team just played terribly and I do look at the team's inability to get out of it as the sort of epitome of why it was time for Jack to go.

But BU had started playing well before he announced his retirement. Although you could argue the competition was weak.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                  classic case of "can't live with 'em , can't live without 'em"

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    BU fans have reason to argue that they were the second best team in HE at the end of the year. ... something for BU fans to take some enjoyment in.
                    This thread is a nice big reminder of how the people at BU enjoy mediocrity.

Not to mention that UNH fans would have a much better argument at that, with making and advancing into the 2nd round of the NCAAs and all.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

Not to mention that UNH fans would have a much better argument at that, with making and advancing into the 2nd round of the NCAAs and all.
                      Valid point on UNH.

Mediocrity sucks. I don't accept it and I certainly don't enjoy it. Bring on the new regime!
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Article on Gaudreau regarding next season:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...787/story.html

I'd be surprised if he leaves

Comment

Best to all those seniors joining the professional ranks in the days to come despite your many inadequate skill sets described so well by Hoky. Steve Whitney, it was a pleasure to watch you perform over your four years...always demonstrating a desire to win and the grit of a man twice your size. Anaheim is lucky to have you![/QUOTE]

Patrick Wey just signed two year deal with Washington Capitals...another kid I loved watching play the game over the last four years. All the best going forward in your professional career. Who will be next to sign?

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                            Article on Gaudreau regarding next season:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...787/story.html

I'd be surprised if he leaves
                            The key is will he develop. If he wants to play pro he will need to keep getting better and a new challenge will help get him there.

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              classic case of "can't live with 'em , can't live without 'em"
                              Mookie will defer to tom Arnold from true lies... "Can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em".

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

You' ve read every word in the BU thread, so you know this is a false statement.

BU Hockey: Spinning
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X