Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
    C'mon, give BU a break, after all they did win the Beanpot 4th place trophy as well as their HE Semifinal Championship trophy. Who cares about the Beanpot Championship or making the NCAA's, those pale in comparison to BU's accomplishments.
    If "making the NCAAs" and getting smoked is your idea of successful, I'll take making the Hockey East final and losing 1-0 to the probable National Champions any day...

Comment

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Any sane fan would rather get to the NCAA's regardless of the outcome than get eliminated in the league title game. I guess now I know why Parker was never held accountable for his failure to make the NCAA's half the time if not more, they just don't mean anything to BU fans...

I'm guessing winning the league title probably trumps winning the NCAA's as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
        BU and BC played the same # of games. BU chose to lose their game by one goal playing for a championship. BC got waxed by a EZAC team. I'll take BU's conclusion, thank you.
        Wait really?

BC's season wasn't anything to write home (especially by recent BC standards) about but at least we had a shot at the national championship.

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        I'm not taking that bait
        Well done, though it only took someone else 34 minutes to do such

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        I thought one of y'all posted the fla GM claims Canadian ginger eh is leaving??
        Apparently they made a run at him but he's staying, as he should.

Comment

BU and BC played the same # of games. BU chose to lose their game by one goal playing for a championship. BC got waxed by a EZAC team. I'll take BU's conclusion, thank you.
          Ahahahahahaha. You would.

This is right in line with the fanboy thinking of the mid 2000s when BC was going to Frozen Fours and winning HE tourneys and the fanboys claimed their shorter season was better because they won a Beanpot.

Originally posted by chickod View Post
          If "making the NCAAs" and getting smoked is your idea of successful, I'll take making the Hockey East final and losing 1-0 to the probable National Champions any day...
          And another country heard from. You fanboys crack me up. Again, something is in the water in Fitchburg. Get out while you can. I will correct you, however, as to what we define as a successful season. No one can say this was successful from BC's perspective. That's why we're different than you (and many many other reasons). Apparently you guys would throw a parade over our season... makes me wonder why you haven't thrown one for only losing 1-0 in a conf championship game and not making the NCAAs. Raise a banner? Ahahahahahahahahahaahahahhaha.
          Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 04-04-2013, 08:34 AM.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            Apparently you guys would throw a parade over our season... makes me wonder why you haven't thrown one for only losing 1-0 in a conf championship game and not making the NCAAs.
            Maybe we did, and you just didn't get invited!
            Bugs Bunny - 96
            Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

BU chose to lose their game by one goal playing for a championship.
              "Chose to lose"? So you're saying they fixed the game?
              Originally posted by mookie1995
              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                bc guys would know!!!
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                  Well duh. Why would the seniors go through 4 years of futility, having never won a trophy, and blow that perfect record in the last month of their careers?
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    Well duh. Why would the seniors go through 4 years of futility, having never won a trophy, and blow that perfect record in the last month of their careers?
                    Yes. That would have seriously jeopardized the "cisse leaving ruined our season" narrative
                    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                      Yes. That would have seriously jeopardized the "cisse leaving ruined our season" narrative
                      I blame Myron.
                      Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        Again, something is in the water in Fitchburg.
                        At least we have our own...we don't have to join the MWRA, get it from the Quabbin or Wachusett. We have plenty of our own lakes and ponds...

Comment

About time we had a goalie win the Hobey, eh ?
                          sure why not

Comment

Agreed but not this goalie. Leblanc wins.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                              hmmm, ok, i'm not sure i agree with that
                              Last edited by sterlippo1; 04-04-2013, 03:02 PM.

Comment

- BC had a better season than BU, they won the Beanpot, BU won nothing.
                                - BC's season finished on the downswing. A rarity lately, something for us BU fans to take some element of enjoyment in.
                                - BU's season finished on an upswing. The loss to UML hurt, but it's pretty clear now just how good that team is, so BU fans have reason to argue that they were the second best team in HE at the end of the year. Another rarity lately, something for BU fans to take some enjoyment in, especially given the added excitement of the change at the top many of us have been waiting for.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X