Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Bluehorseshoe, it's clear you are connected to linell in some way.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
      Are your two Fitzgerald recruits brothers? I know the first guy is the MC guy that played with Collier. Not sure about the other one.
      Yup, they're brothers and Casey is the real deal. An article I was reading recently ranked Noah Hanafin and him as the #1 and #2, 97 DOB D-men in the country respectively.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Bluehorseshoe, it's clear you are connected to linell in some way.
        Not anymore than Carlton is connected to Straight. Understand he likes the kid and that's fine. Everyone has their opinions. Just trying to set my man Nick P straight. I just don't see Linell or Straight in the stands until the new freshman prove themselves. I'll buy success in the USHL translates to success at D1 level over time. EJHL and BCHL which is an offensive league let's see what happens.

Comment

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

I agree with that, I think linell and straight will be regulars next year.

Comment

I'm guessing the only non freshmen who may not play are Spiro, Sit and McMullen or whatever his name is. They may not be huge contributors, but can't see Linell, Straight or Silk in the stands.

Comment

Originally posted by bluehorseshoe View Post
              I buy the fact that that Cangelosi and Fitzgerald are playmakers but whose putting the puck in the net?
              Well, Danny Linell of course. Duh.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by bluehorseshoe View Post
                EJHL and BCHL which is an offensive league let's see what happens.
                I think this part is worth repeating. EJHL especially but the BCHL even though it is considered a higher level has produced some very underwhelming guys in D1 that were heroes out there. Malcolm Lyles... Destry Straight... etc.
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                  With Brown getting the "C", I can't see him sitting, nor can I see Silk, Arnold, Gaudreau, Hayes, Straight or Linell in the stands.
                  Disagree, think the only F that I would be completely shocked if they didn't dress on opening night are: 12, 13, 24, 23, & 27

Originally posted by Bostonfan999 View Post
                  2013-14 - Assuming Hays Departs

Why would you assume Hayes departs? From everything posted here & elsewhere sounds like he's coming back.

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                  Well, Danny Linell of course. Duh.

Comment

hayes is 100% back
                    BCHL is a great league with payers all over D 1 doing very well. maybe not same % wise as USHL but only because many go major junior instead of D 1. Vernon has dozens all over the place, anyone see the Jones twins from Quinipiac this weekend??

Fitzgerald and Cangelosi are in the normal BC mold, far superior to the 3 or 4 from this years team who you think will never be in the stands. fast, skilled and high end with grit. Linell, Straight, Spiro and Silk are non factors. Coaching staff gets that./ after getting dismantled by Union and quite frankly not being able to skate with them, what do you think would have happened vs Quinipiac? I remember you all talking about it being a dream draw. It was, for the other 3 teams. losing Arnold and Mullane hurts. Unless Gaudreau, Hayes and Arnold are lights out, which they should be, this will be another off year. Even if they do kill it, teams will load D line vs them and make hay vs the other 2 lines.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                      Disagree, think the only F that I would be completely shocked if they didn't dress on opening night are: 12, 13, 24, 23, & 27

Why would you assume Hayes departs? From everything posted here & elsewhere sounds like he's coming back.

I wasn't certain about Hayes. You seem to be sure so we will go with that. This only presents another roster issues.

Calan - Cangelosi - Fitzgerald
                      Gilmour - Richardson

Who gets pushed off?

There is no easy answer. I don't see them brining in to many guy so the stands are full. It's wasted scolly money and no development. The point made about sitting upperclassmen is a good one. Guys are in their third year are a suddenly pushed to the side by freshman players?

Comment

I wasn't certain about Hayes. You seem to be sure so we will go with that. This only presents another roster issues.

Gilmour - Richardson

Who gets pushed off?

There is no easy answer. I don't see them brining in to many guy so the stands are full. It's wasted scolly money and no development. The point made about sitting upperclassmen is a good one. Guys are in their third year are a suddenly pushed to the side by freshman players?
                        Yes, that is the way it works. BC will not stand for a repeat of last year. They dont have the luxury of 2004-2012 and a small roster, they will have far more then usual in the stands.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                          I remember you all talking about it being a dream draw. It was, for the other 3 teams.
                          That's what I've been saying. Everytime someone said "BC is the team no one wants to play" I had to restrain myself from throwing my computer out the window. Can you imagine the opposing coaching staffs looking at BC film and breaking this team down and trying to keep a straight face?

Ugh. I want to vomit.

Anyway, as far as next year's forwards, if you're not providing any offense whatsoever, you better be darn good defensively and be able to do things like block shots on the PK and be a great faceoff guy (and even then I'm not inclined to freak out and give a faceoff guy a spot) or at least be able to grind out a shift cycling in the Offensive zone. This team needs to toughen up. Any undersized/mid-sized player that lacks strength and brings nothing to the table has to go. We have a few of those.

The PK needs an overhaul as it wasn't very good down the stretch and it's not because we weren't playing Hayes on defense on the PK. Need to get speedsters back to pressuring the points and looking to spring odd-man rushes. I think not only was the personnel not getting it done but the lack of any offensive threat there, where BC typically is absurdly good under the majority of this golden era of York. That gets in the heads of opposing PP pointmen and changes the complexion of everything as they're worried about coughing up a puck and giving up a goal. This is where perhaps Linell can make his mark as he has speed and might be able to cause trouble there. Obviously Michael Sit isn't going to cause anyone concern about giving up a SHG to BC with him out there.

My hope is that the Pike's Peak club can present York with a tackling dummy of some sort at the banquet in a few weeks so they can work on gap control and actually hitting someone with the defenseman.
                          Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 04-03-2013, 09:41 AM.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

The point made about sitting upperclassmen is a good one. Guys are in their third year are a suddenly pushed to the side by freshman players?
                            You know, I would hope some of these guys realize that their respective X number of games played at BC is about X number of games more than they probably should have had generally speaking.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              Anyway, as far as next year's forwards, if you're not providing any offense whatsoever, you better be darn good defensively and be able to do things like block shots on the PK and be a great faceoff guy (and even then I'm not inclined to freak out and give a faceoff guy a spot) or at least be able to grind out a shift cycling in the Offensive zone. This team needs to toughen up. Any undersized/mid-sized player that lacks strength and brings nothing to the table has to go. We have a few of those.

The PK needs an overhaul as it wasn't very good down the stretch and it's not because we weren't playing Hayes on defense on the PK. Need to get speedsters back to pressuring the points and looking to spring odd-man rushes. I think not only was the personnel not getting it done but the lack of any offensive threat there, where BC typically is absurdly good under the majority of this golden era of York. That gets in the heads of opposing PP pointmen and changes the complexion of everything as they're worried about coughing up a puck and giving up a goal. This is where perhaps Linell can make his mark as he has speed and might be able to cause trouble there. Obviously Michael Sit isn't going to cause anyone concern about giving up a SHG to BC with him out there.
                              We can beat this horse cause it's the off season but there were far too many on this team that provided nothing offensively and despite reputations of impressive D the +/- (while not the best stat) showed otherwise. It'll be nice that there's some competition for minutes.

Agreed the PK personnel needs to be scrapped. Not enough speed to pressure the points in addition to holes on the back end led to only 1 SHG all season and the atypical PK %. On the first, not to force Carlton to take another cold shower but according to EA, Cangelosi set the USHL record with 11 career SHGs. On the second, while not directly responsible for a ton of goals, hopefully with Santini, Savage, & McCoshen coming in, we don't need to see the 3 F on the PK unit.

Also congrats to Steve Whitney, signed with the ducks last night, great to hear.

Comment

[QUOTE=Bostonfan999;5699644]I wasn't certain about Hayes. You seem to be sure so we will go with that. This only presents another roster issues.

Gilmour - Richardson

Who gets pushed off?

My uneducated guess is that there are some players on this team that will not be invited back next season, thus creating more room for the incoming players mentioned above. This would eliminate any potential cancer in the locker room for kids who participated in 2012-2013 that will not going forward.

Hoky, always great to hear your predictions...Union victory over the Q and your undying claimed love of BC Hockey except for the horrific senior class of 2013!

Best to all those seniors joining the professional ranks in the days to come despite your many inadequate skill sets described so well by Hoky. Steve Whitney, it was a pleasure to watch you perform over your four years...always demonstrating a desire to win and the grit of a man twice your size. Anaheim is lucky to have you!

Comment

Working...
                                X