Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J.D.
    replied
    Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

What I'm a little confused by is I've seen a couple people say you can only have three paid coaches (York, Brown and someone else). Wouldn't an up and coming coach like Ayers be taking a paid position? Does that now mean the people you just mentioned are out of the picture? Does it mean they'll simply be looking for an older coach who doesn't need the money? That's what I need someone to clear up because only being allowed to have three paid coaches is new to me--I've only just seen that mentioned recently.

Leave a comment:

• sigx15
    replied
    Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

So with the Ayers hiring which I'm a huge fan of, one coaching position down, one left to go. The kid is reporting 3 former Eagles, Mike Mottau, Ben Eaves, and Jeff Giuliano are candidates. Always loved Eaves as a player and leader, and I think after injuring his knee his senior year he just never got back to his Junior year level. Mottau is an obvious legend, and one of the best college defensemen I have ever seen. Giuliano is out of the scrappy forward, hard working mold but made a nice career for himself.

Personally I think it should be a forward minded coach, having Brown and Mottau as coaches may be a bit d-orientated heavy just imo. Giuliano and Evaes are both guys who most recently played in Europe, and seem to have that character that could carry over from Cav. Personally I'm rooting for Eaves, just loved watching him play and think he had a really attack driven mind before the knee kind of limited his abilities. Also Eaves comes from a coaching family, and has already expressed interest in coaching after his first retirement back in 2010 for Norfolk in the AHL. He's also a fitness freak/guru with a masters in Kinesiology from the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities which could really be another great aspect he could add to the staff.

Just my take but who knows, could be someone else from totally out of no where.

Leave a comment:

• Nick Papagiorgio
    replied

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    finally, some uhn guy figures out how to win a national title!!
    Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

We weren't kidding when we told him he'd be working for us one day.
    Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 05-28-2013, 02:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Originally posted by all bear View Post
    Your worst nightmare Mav.....hiring a UHN grad....buwhahahahaha
    finally, some uhn guy figures out how to win a national title!!

Leave a comment:

• all bear
    replied

Your worst nightmare Mav.....hiring a UHN grad....buwhahahahaha

Leave a comment:

• Nick Papagiorgio
    replied

I think we can find an extra Pinhead Nation shirt for Coach Ayers.

Dear Gibber, please repost the pic of Ayers shhhhing the BC fans at the Whit. That was one great day.

Leave a comment:

• REDMEN2002
    replied

Just saw on twitter that Ayers has been hired by BC. Account is @russbites. It was a RT that showed up on my feed.

Leave a comment:

• CollegeHockeyRinkReport
    replied

NHL Draft Prospect article on Ryan Fitzgerald

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....tom-fitzgerald

Leave a comment:

• sterlippo1
    replied

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
    It's going to be awesome seeing BC play at Meehan next winter. Hopefully there's a big crowd for this one.
    yeah, there will be.............you and a bunch of people wearing Maroon and Gold

Leave a comment:

• FiveHole12
    replied

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Despite his big game pedigree I'm sure all it will take is one instance of Kreider not emulating Callahan/Girardi and diving head first in order to try and block a shot for Torts to bury Kreider again. I mean, who cares if the kid has speed and can score goals, right?
    There's two ends of the ice. Julien would have traded his arse by now.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Just because it didn't draw blood doesn't mean it didn't hurt like hell. He took that stick about as flush as you possibly can. Plus, if you're insinuating he embellished that, I've seen far worse and from plays where contact was barely made.

Despite his big game pedigree I'm sure all it will take is one instance of Kreider not emulating Callahan/Girardi and diving head first in order to try and block a shot for Torts to bury Kreider again. I mean, who cares if the kid has speed and can score goals, right?

Leave a comment:

• sterlippo1
    replied
    Tukka Rask = Matti Kulti

Leave a comment:

• bothman
    replied
    so y'all happy?

boyle with the tie'er, then kreider with the winner!
    Great goal by Kreider and redeeming. I was starting to question whether he was an ice hockey or field hockey player after his writhing on the ice after a stick that didn't even draw blood.
    Last edited by bothman; 05-24-2013, 10:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• claver2010
    replied

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
    It's going to be awesome seeing BC play at Meehan next winter. Hopefully there's a big crowd for this one.
    agreed, thrilled that it's on a saturday as well. recently all of our games @pc have been on a friday night, brutal drive.

so y'all happy?

still wish you guys hired sullivan so i didn't have to suffer through that miserable powerplay anymore

bastids

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

so y'all happy?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X