Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    Kinda like i said.....probably four of them
    Starters: JGadreau, Arnold, Hayes, Straight, Linell, Silk, Smith, Cangelosi, Fitzgerald, Calnan, Richardson, Gilmour.

In the stands: Brown, Sit, Spiro, McMullen, McGlynn, MGadreau

Comment

Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
      Starters: JGadreau, Arnold, Hayes, Straight, Linell, Silk, Smith, Cangelosi, Fitzgerald, Calnan, Richardson, Gilmour.

I won't comment on kids I've never seen play, but IMO, it's going to be pretty tough to knock Brown out of the lineup. That kid is a gamer (and I can see him playing ahead of some of the current players listed).
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
        I won't comment on kids I've never seen play, but IMO, it's going to be pretty tough to knock Brown out of the lineup. That kid is a gamer (and I can see him playing ahead of some of the current players listed).
        Straight, Linell and Silk all have more upside and with the addition of Calnan and Gilmour, that gives us a couple more big bodies, so not sure where Brown will fit in. Don't get me wrong, I like the kid, but at the end of the day he's just not that talented.

Comment

Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

y'all wanna trade some, i think bu has some extra pucks to send back in return.. (they have a '40' on them, but they freeze up nice nonetheless )
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

i agree FiveHole, he wasnt one of my four, love his game right now. Sit, Spiro,McMullen and Straight(i feel bad but i just don't think he has it). Silk gets another year

Comment

Straight, Linell and Silk all have more upside and with the addition of Calnan and Gilmour, that gives us a couple more big bodies, so not sure where Brown will fit in. Don't get me wrong, I like the kid, but at the end of the day he's just not that talented.
              In Brown, I see a kid who has progressed leaps and bounds since his frosh season and continues to improve with each game. He centers a line that plays an important role on this team and also produces points. Gonna take some kind of player to replace a center that has 3 years of Hockey East experience under his belt and plays with the grit he brings to the table. I see Brown fitting in as a 2nd or 3rd line center. JMO.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

In Brown, I see a kid who has progressed leaps and bounds since his frosh season and continues to improve with each game. He centers a line that plays an important role on this team and also produces points. Gonna take some kind of player to replace a center that has 3 years of Hockey East experience under his belt and plays with the grit he brings to the table. I see Brown fitting in as a 2nd or 3rd line center. JMO.
                Brown is a -5 vs Straight who's plus 4. Straight is still young and playing on a bumb ankle. Just think he's got a lot more potential than Brown and scoring will be at a premium next year without Whitney and Mullane.

Comment

Brown is a -5 vs Straight who's plus 4. Straight is still young and playing on a bumb ankle. Just think he's got a lot more potential than Brown and scoring will be at a premium next year without Whitney and Mullane.
                  Brown is 10x the hockey player Straight is.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

another example that statistics do lie at times..............

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      y'all wanna trade some, i think bu has some extra pucks to send back in return.. )
                      at least they made it through the year on the roster...........ok, ill trade, you won't need pucks anyway with the group you're getting, they dont require them or know what to do with them

Comment

We'll have to wait and what happens, but would beVERY surprised if Brown makes the opening night lineup and Straight doesn't. And again, nothing against Brown as he gives 110 percent out there, but I just don't see a lot of upside, whereas I still believe Straight had 30 point potential.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          they re-hire cheddarchuck to pass out schollys?!!?
                          Maybe someone will study too much for finals this year

Not going to comment on the kids I haven't seen, but the crazy thing with all these forwards are the only ones who I would be shocked if they aren't starting on day 1 are: Arnold, Hayes, Gaudreau, & Q Smith.

Comment

Bucci showing Gaudreau some love with the Johnny Hockey shirt: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9011268
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              Bucci showing Gaudreau some love with the Johnny Hockey shirt: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9011268
                              great, now score a couple goals for us this weekend JohnnyHockey

Comment

anyone making the trip up to UVM? I did it a couple years ago, my first time in Burlington. It was a short stay but enjoyed it.
                                National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                                Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                                Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                                two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                                b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Working...
                                X