Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Spoiled.

Y'all are still a 90% chance to win both next weekend and heat to the burgh.
    Have you notice the crap teams that are going to be #1 seeds?
    #13 has a 5g weekend and that's more than enough.

Calm.down.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Ya, let's at least see where they go and against who.

Comment

I am much more optimistic about this team than I have been over the last month or two. That was a very good 35 minutes of hockey we played last night, the best we've looked in a long while and against a very good team. Hell, when we were lighting it up against NU and VT for a kazillion goals we didn't look as good as we did last night.

Two goal lead... most dangerous lead in hockey. Breeds complacency. Have a week to fix the breakdowns we had last night resulting in the odd man rushes.

Look at the conference tourney's around the country. The only conference with it's top teams still standing is Hockey East. Playoff pressure can do funny things to teams and players. I think each HE team has a chance to fair quite well in the NCAA's. And our Eagles have been there, done that, many times. Experience on the big stage can pay dividends... I'm not giving up on this team.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
          ... I'm not giving up on this team.
          CAN I GET AN AMEN!!!

-c'mon people. jump on that train!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            CAN I GET AN AMEN!!!

-c'mon people. jump on that train!
            Edit: Especially if we get another shot at BU.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Fivehole, I agree. I think an argument can be made that lowell is the best team in the country right now but are they some unbeatable force just steamrolling the competition? They are on a great run but can still be had.

Comment

hey, any shot at anybody. i saw a #1 seed lose to friggin' brom last night 0-4 and another lose 0-2 to a team that needed that win last night to reach .500

go order that 6th star now!

Comment

Scariest teams right now, IMO... Michigan, Wisconsin, Boston University (each has to win their conference auto bid to get in). Throw Minnesota in there on pure talent, but they don't exactly have a recent history of rising to the top on the big stage. If Lowell takes BU out tonight, they'll have conquered a major hurdle and will replace BU on my list. Although I think BU takes out Lowell and makes the big dance.

A pizzed off BC team entering the regionals is not a bad thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                    I am much more optimistic about this team than I have been over the last month or two. That was a very good 35 minutes of hockey we played last night, the best we've looked in a long while and against a very good team. Hell, when we were lighting it up against NU and VT for a kazillion goals we didn't look as good as we did last night.

Two goal lead... most dangerous lead in hockey. Breeds complacency. Have a week to fix the breakdowns we had last night resulting in the odd man rushes.

Look at the conference tourney's around the country. The only conference with it's top teams still standing is Hockey East. Playoff pressure can do funny things to teams and players. I think each HE team has a chance to fair quite well in the NCAA's. And our Eagles have been there, done that, many times. Experience on the big stage can pay dividends... I'm not giving up on this team.
                    Hope you're right Steve. It was so sudden and that 1st goal was a beauty by BU. I think Rodriguez held the puck and faked his defender helplessly flat on the ice and picked the top corner. Parker for some reason is vulnerable to high wrist shots and some shots trickling between or under his pads. He is so vulnerable this year and the D needs to play smart the entire game, not just in parts. Matheson and MacLeod getting beat was so ridiculous play after play ((((
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                      It was so sudden and that 1st goal was a beauty by BU. I think Rodriguez held the puck and faked his defender helplessly flat on the ice and picked the top corner.
                      He put the shot under Milner's armpit. Milner got a pierce of it but not enough.

Rodrigues has the most one-on-one skills on BU. He even showed flashed of them in his disappointing freshman season last year. This year, he has used the moves at better times.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

http://sbn.to/15DXTSr

My recap at SBNation with quotes. I usually try to stick away from personal commentary on here but Pat Mullane has to be one of the classiest student-athletes EVER. He is well spoken and was classy in defeat.
                        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Might as well link to mine too:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2013/3...innesota-bu-bc

I'll pass. I lost enough years of my life yesterday between the men's and women's hockey games as it is.
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            Good read. Thanks for the laugh!

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

I'll pass. I lost enough years of my life yesterday between the men's and women's hockey games as it is.
                              Day in the life
                              Bu 2-0
                              Bc 0-2

Comment

So which Freshmen next year can be counted on to produce? Cangelosi and Fitzgerald should be top two line guys from the get go, with Calnan, Richardson and Gilmour all having top 2 or 3 line potential as well. McCoshen and Santini will be top 4 D-men right out of the gate.

Comment

Working...
                                X