Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
    A quick look at the HE standings suggests that the only way for BC to end up in 1st is for them to sweep Vermont while Providence and Lowell battle each other to two ties. Is that about it?
    My quick look:

- Tiebreaker is #1 head to head and then #2 number of wins in conference.

- BC owns the head to head tiebreaker with UML. If UML splits and BC sweeps UVM, BC gets the 1 seed. Even if PC sweeps Lowell, BC would win the 2nd tiebreaker vs. PC which is number of wins as BC would have 16 wins and PC would only have 14. In the event of a tie with UNH, BC would also win the tiebreaker via the 2nd priority tiebreaker, which is # of wins. Lowell is the only team with more wins in conference than BC but BC owns the head to head with them. Theoretically that puts BC in great shape but I don't think anyone can expect this squad to go up to Vermont and sweep UVM.

On a different note, it looks like the arthritis is setting in again for Merrimack.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      On a different note, it looks like the arthritis is setting in again for Merrimack.
      HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

I'll let the resident HE standings expert correct me if I'm wrong but I believe BC holds all the tie breakers going forward and thus is in great shape.

I said Friday night if Whitney was out for an extended period of time, might as well pack it up.

BTW BC is 2-5-1 in last 8 at Conte after not losing in all of the 2012 calendar year, do we even want home ice

Comment

If it's against MC, yes. Much rather face them at conte. When is the last time Merrimack won at conte? Is the long streak still going?

And zlax, gaudreau had a slow start to the world juniors (as did all the forwards) but to say he was a non-factor for the "majority" of it is not accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          If it's against MC, yes. Much rather face them at conte. When is the last time Merrimack won at conte? Is the long streak still going?

And zlax, gaudreau had a slow start to the world juniors (as did all the forwards) but to say he was a non-factor for the "majority" of it is not accurate.
          I would hold off on the long productive nhl stuff. Not close to gerbe and he still cant crack regular lineup. When Shaller hit him Sat night, he literally quit rest of game

Comment

I've noted before that he doesn't have the edge of a gionta or gerbe, which is exactly why I didn't think someone like atkinson would make it. But cam is getting his shot and we'll see if he can take advantage of it. Disclaimer: hoky, this is just a personal opinion I had about atkinson.

Comment

I've noted before that he doesn't have the edge of a gionta or gerbe, which is exactly why I didn't think someone like atkinson would make it. But cam is getting his shot and we'll see if he can take advantage of it. Disclaimer: hoky, this is just a personal opinion I had about atkinson.
              I know... Pro is so different, who would have ever thought Dave Emma wouldnt have been a stud in pros
              Atkinson has ten times more grit then Gaudreau and is naturally wider. Who would have thought Scuderi would still be banging out seevral million per year. College hockey is not a test for pro hockey

Comment

If BC can get Wey and Whitney back this weekend and take care of business they are in good shape. No matter who they play in the 1st round, it will be tough. UMass matches up well with them. Maine beat BC twice at Kelley Rink this semester. Vermont is playing much better now, than they were at the beginning of the season. Merrimack has given BC three great games this year. I think we all know what Providence is capable of, after this past weekend. And, BU is dangerous (when they are able to put everything together).

Comment

Some guys are able to be THE MAN and some aren't. Right now he seems to not be enjoying being that guy getting the brunt of attention while last year he was able to do his thing with Almeida, Kreider, etc rolling over the boards. But earlier this year he was still in the same situation (maybe a little less pressure before Alber went out and now Hayes) and was clicking at 1.7 PPG going into the Maine series. I think we can all agree 1.7 PPG is absurd. The problem is not only the fact that he is small AND hasn't filled out yet but that the entire team is soft and not having someone physical that can somewhat protect him on his line is a big problem (take a look at Chara smoking that Hab dbag last night for crosschecking Seguin so hard in the ribs he popped his stick, no one is doing that for JG when he gets speared in the Beanpot). Leaving Linell on his line for so long is one of the biggest coaching blunders I've seen in the 15 years I've been watching BC.

I'm not sure he's 100% right now. He clearly isn't the same guy we saw in the first half. But who knows. BC is always very quiet on the injury front. Also FWIW he had 8 pts in the first 4 games back from the WJC.

2 pts on Friday night was a miracle. Teams are lining up to stick it in BC's butt right now.
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

If it's against MC, yes. Much rather face them at conte.
                    Be careful what you wish for!
                    National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                    Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                    Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                    two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                    b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                      I know... Pro is so different, who would have ever thought Dave Emma wouldnt have been a stud in pros
                      Atkinson has ten times more grit then Gaudreau and is naturally wider. Who would have thought Scuderi would still be banging out seevral million per year. College hockey is not a test for pro hockey
                      Scuderi was criminally underrated. That happens when you play for almost your entire career with a guy named Mottau, Orpik, and Allen. I am definitely not surprised he is in the show and has been for so long. Maybe a little surprised at how well he has done and how much coin he pulled in after winning the Cup.

Comment

Wouldn't shock me if he's injured, as we all saw in 08-09 (granted was before twitter and instant news), if you can play on it we won't hear about it.
                        2nd longest goal scoring drought in his career at BC.

Interesting on the lack of physicality/enforcer, Matheson is one that usually brings the physicality. Problem with that is he gets his share of hitting too hard penalties (along with the occassional dumb one) and is too valuable to have sit in the box.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                          Matheson is one that usually brings the physicality. Problem with that is he gets his share of hitting too hard penalties (along with the occassional dumb one) and is too valuable to have sit in the box.
                          and 3 more saturday (I thought the holding call was bogus)

Comment

Hayes is having his third surgery.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                            HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                            HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              and 3 more saturday (I thought the holding call was bogus)
                              His interference penalty in the 2nd was just ming-boggling. I don't really understand why 'legal interference' isn't good enough while the man on the other side retrieves the puck. Did he really feel the need to track him almost ten feet horizontally and then tackle him a good 3-4 seconds after he dumped the puck past him?

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                                Hayes is having his third surgery.
                                Geezus, how did he get so hurt, was it a bad check? Could this be career threatening?

Comment

Working...
                                X