Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Lenz might be the most underrated hot head in the league
    Lenz was like a little diamond tonight. Bruneteau brothers were also tremendous turds tonight. UVM looked like a vintage Merrihack team tonight.
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      ANY TEAM that plays a hard nosed physical game. That's who scare's me. They'll eat our lunch.
      Yep. Not many wins left in the tank for this group I think. UVM outstunk BC this weekend.
      Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 03-17-2013, 12:15 AM. Reason: outstanding autocorrect. dumb iphone
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

      Comment


      • Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

        I'm not convinced they don't have a run in them. Won't be easy but let's see who they end up playing. Can't afford any injuries and need york back for NCAAs if at all possible.

        Even if they don't win hockey east, maybe they get a favorable regional. Haven't checked tonight but even with a loss at the garden, I think they're in pretty good shape for a 2 seed somewhere.

        Comment


        • Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

          They won but a bit disappointing on the PP considering how many power plays UVM was giving them. Glad to hear no major injuries but the knee-to-knee on Arnold was a bit scary. They don't have the depth of last year so hopefully they're stay relatively healthy. I even saw Mullane barely skate off but came back later.

          Playing BU again should be interesting with JP retiring and sending him away on a losing note will be fine if they can beat BU. I'm sure every BU player will be jacked up to win this game for him since BC is their hated rival and trying to prevent being eliminated from NCAA consideration. They have to win this tournament to be considered, right?
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

          Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

          Comment


          • Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

            Pretty sure bu needs to win it

            Comment


            • Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

              It's strange because normally you would feel good about a team with less talent than their predecessors, but had the fight and will to succeed. A "will beats skill" mentality, but I don't feel it with this team. Agree with most that Spiro and Dyroff are the most effective energy guys. What happened to smith? He was dogsht Friday night. They need more guys to play that relentless physical style to combat what you all are speculating will be their demise.

              That said, onto the garden and the seniors exten their HE playoff record to 14-0.

              Comment


              • Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

                Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                Lenz was like a little diamond tonight. Bruneteau brothers were also tremendous turds tonight. UVM looked like a vintage Merrihack team tonight.
                How many times did they run Milner this weekend? Would love for someone to go all Petrecki on them but the primary candidate would be Matheson and 1 more game misconduct and he's done

                That knee on knee hit against Arnold was scary

                Comment


                • Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

                  check out at i think at 1:38 after the second goal, the UVM player firing the puck up ice almost hitting the ref in the groin, lol
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=z46GkxaII4Q
                  *****

                  Comment


                  • Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

                    This seems to be working out well for Hockey East: Give Lowell the early game (which is an advantage even though 97% of their fans feel it's a slight) while BC-BU gets the marquee treatment.

                    However, I think Parker's retirement trumps York's detached retina on the 'emotional capital' scale.
                    Chris V
                    Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

                    Comment


                    • Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

                      Today's USCHO predicted bracket is:

                      Manchester
                      15 Union vs. 4 Boston College
                      10 Denver vs. 7 New Hampshire

                      I like that draw.
                      Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

                      Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

                      sigpic

                      "I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

                      Comment


                      • Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

                        Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                        How many times did they run Milner this weekend?
                        Interesting comment...Bernie and Tom (BU announcers) said essentially the same thing. They were more or less lamenting the entire Hockey East staff, saying that at the beginning of the year the officials said they were going to "make it a priority" to "protect the goaltenders." And then (and I'm paraphrasing here) "The first time there's a scrum in front of the net and the goalie gets run - they call NOTHING. So, of course, the players quickly figure out that if they're not going to call anything, we're going to keep doing it. Someone is going to get seriously hurt." And, of course, in BU's case, since they are down to one goalie (for those who don't know, O'Connor is out for the year with a collapsed lung), this is even more of a problem.

                        But in general, the shenanigans (good word on St. Patrick's day, huh? ) after the whistle need to stop. You don't see as much hitting after the whistle in the NHL as you do in Hockey East. It's getting ridiculous. At Parker's retirement press conference, when he was asked about the changes he has seen in the game over the years he said by far the worst thing that has happened to the game is the full face mask. Players have no fear of getting hurt anymore with those, and this is the major reason for all of this stuff. Now you may say "That ship has sailed," but it doesn't change the fact that it's true...

                        Comment


                        • Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

                          With all due respect to USCHO, I've never quite understood why they waste their time with these bracket predictions as all those teams have game(s) left and will undoubtedly be moving from their current PWR positions.
                          Last edited by carltonbarrett; 03-17-2013, 10:34 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

                            Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                            With all due respect to USCHO, I've never quite understood why they waste their time with these bracket predictions as all those teams have game(s) left and will undoubtedly be moving from their current PWR positions.
                            because it's fun and people read it and talk about it agree with Zudnic on that bracket. Even this team may be able to get through it
                            *****

                            Comment


                            • Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

                              I really think people are selling this team short, take a look around, the only top teams that didn't lose this weekend were BC, UML and MN and both MN and UML needed OT to beat lower tier teams. I know we don't have "typical" BC depth, but in reality, that almost just knocks us down a peg to be on par with other teams. There are really no other teams out there that have the same top end talent as BC, except probably MN and don't forget we have all the tourney experience on our side. BC may not be a clear favorite like in past years, but I think they have as good a chance as anyone with the possible exception of MN.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

                                Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                roblem.

                                But in general, the shenanigans (good word on St. Patrick's day, huh? ) after the whistle need to stop. You don't see as much hitting after the whistle in the NHL as you do in Hockey East. It's getting ridiculous. At Parker's retirement press conference, when he was asked about the changes he has seen in the game over the years he said by far the worst thing that has happened to the game is the full face mask. Players have no fear of getting hurt anymore with those, and this is the major reason for all of this stuff. Now you may say "That ship has sailed," but it doesn't change the fact that it's true...
                                Funny, I said the exact same thing after a post whistle scrum last night with the group I sit with. Everyone is so tough with the full cages.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X