Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

    nice cheap shot on Gaudreau after the EN goal.............hope the boys remember that tonight...... I too, agree with Kenny and i expect a really good effort tonight. Line and D pairings continue to mystify
    *****

    Comment


    • Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

      can we continue to keep uscho a "jam" free zone??! that is annoying enough coming from starman
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

      Comment


      • Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

        what happens if UNH falls to a 4? would they send UML somewhere other than Manchester as a #1 and we go to Manchester as a #2 or #3 rather than Providence? what a mess the brackets are.............
        *****

        Comment


        • Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

          Originally posted by Kenny View Post
          Take the win, because that's all that matters in the playoffs, but this team isn't winning any championships playing like that. No urgency, no jam, turning pucks over just all around average. Turn the page and come out and blow them out of the barn tomorrow.
          Kenny... someone hacked your account and is posting under your handle.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

          Comment


          • Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            what happens if UNH falls to a 4? would they send UML somewhere other than Manchester as a #1
            Yup. That's why we were sent west in 2011.

            Stupid right?
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14


            Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

            Comment


            • Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              nice cheap shot on Gaudreau after the EN goal.............hope the boys remember that tonight...... I too, agree with Kenny and i expect a really good effort tonight. Line and D pairings continue to mystify
              That was a pathetic cheap shot, the puck was already in the net and then the UVM goon takes out Gaudreau's knees. Surprised it wasn't called...

              Comment


              • Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

                Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                Surprised it wasn't called...
                Why?

                It was a joke last night, one waving off icing while the other blows the whistle for it. A late run at Milner and nothing is called? It was a complete circus.

                Comment


                • Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

                  Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  Yup. That's why we were sent west in 2011.

                  Stupid right?
                  lol,of course, not sure why i couldn't make that connection.........that is a distinct possibility too, UML not going to a place a tee shot away from their campus relatively speaking
                  *****

                  Comment


                  • Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

                    Some thoughts...
                    This team can get away with the inconsistent play against the NU's and VT's of the hockey world, but we're toast against any decent team, especially one that is physical. Look what PC did to us 2 weeks ago... hit the crap out of us and dominated. Took 'em a while to put us away, but we were lucky to be in that game for as long as we were.

                    Anyone get that warm and fuzzy feeling that there is any BC line right now that can roll over the boards and turn a game around? Me either. IMO, we have to get the Gaudreau-Mullane-Whitney line back together so there is always that threat. Put Smith-Dyroff with Arnold and they will grind out some goals. Hope for production from the others.

                    Linnel is a pretty good defenseman. I'd keep him there the rest of the way.
                    It's nice having Patch back. You can see the difference experience makes. He's not handling a hot potato... he's controlling the puck and letting the play in front of him dictate his next move. We have some that have not learned this yet.

                    Will be interesting to see how Jerry plays this out going forward. Does he make line changes and hope to outscore opponents, or try and tighten the D and win like the 2007 Michigan State team.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

                    Comment


                    • Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

                      Sad to see this could be the last game at Conte tonight. I love going to the rink on weekends to watch college hockey. Good luck to the seniors the rest of the way. The only senior class to win 4 Beanpots, I remember the times we only won 1 BP per decade.

                      Hopefully, they seal the deal tonight and no injuries. I agree with someone, prefer to see Jeke on D than Linell. The upside is that the 4th line contributed last night on the scoresheet, and that line has good size.
                      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

                      Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

                      Comment


                      • Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

                        Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                        Some thoughts...
                        This team can get away with the inconsistent play against the NU's and VT's of the hockey world, but we're toast against any decent team, especially one that is physical. Look what PC did to us 2 weeks ago... hit the crap out of us and dominated. Took 'em a while to put us away, but we were lucky to be in that game for as long as we were.

                        Anyone get that warm and fuzzy feeling that there is any BC line right now that can roll over the boards and turn a game around? Me either. IMO, we have to get the Gaudreau-Mullane-Whitney line back together so there is always that threat. Put Smith-Dyroff with Arnold and they will grind out some goals. Hope for production from the others.

                        Linnel is a pretty good defenseman. I'd keep him there the rest of the way.
                        It's nice having Patch back. You can see the difference experience makes. He's not handling a hot potato... he's controlling the puck and letting the play in front of him dictate his next move. We have some that have not learned this yet.

                        Will be interesting to see how Jerry plays this out going forward. Does he make line changes and hope to outscore opponents, or try and tighten the D and win like the 2007 Michigan State team.
                        That MSU game was painful to watch. I remember the 2 on 1 and Boyle could not get it by Lerg. Then later, Boyle on D made a mistake and MSU tied it up 1-1. So close and frustrating to watch.
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

                        Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

                        Comment


                        • Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

                          I don't think jerry has it in him to ever implement a comley msu style of play and I don't think he has the personnel to play that way either.

                          With hayes out I also dont like putting the top line back together at the expense of arnold.

                          Good debate though. We'll see how far this team can go.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

                            though no certainty that this team gets to the garden but you can't help but think about the possibility of BC-BU next Friday night. If it happens it most likely will be the last time they coach against each other. I know their head to head record is really close if not tied. I tried to find it but gave up . If it's tied, that adds to the story line
                            *****

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                              That MSU game was painful to watch. I remember the 2 on 1 and Boyle could not get it by Lerg. Then later, Boyle on D made a mistake and MSU tied it up 1-1. So close and frustrating to watch.
                              Nothing wrong with that game...
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

                                Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                                Some thoughts...
                                This team can get away with the inconsistent play against the NU's and VT's of the hockey world, but we're toast against any decent team, especially one that is physical. Look what PC did to us 2 weeks ago... hit the crap out of us and dominated. Took 'em a while to put us away, but we were lucky to be in that game for as long as we were.
                                This may not be the most talented BC team ever, but as I've said before, who above us in the polls truly scares you? QU lost last night, as did Miami and UNH, while MN and UML both needed OT to beat Bemidji and Maine respectively. I don't think BC will win it all, but come tourney time, Alber should be rounding into form pretty nicely which will greatly improve the defense and am also expecting Milner to pick up his game like he did last year going into the playoffs. Remember, we still have the two best players in the league in Gaudreau and Whitney and several other talented guys in Arnold, Matheson, Mullane, Wey, etc and even some of our lesser forwards like Straight, Dyroff and Spiro have been scoring recently. I think they can beat UML or PC, but in a win or Parker's done for good situation, I could see BU putting up a monumental fight vs their arch rival next weekend.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X