Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• claver2010
    replied
    Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Article on Gaudreau regarding next season:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...787/story.html

I'd be surprised if he leaves

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied
    Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    This thread is a nice big reminder of how the people at BU enjoy mediocrity.

Not to mention that UNH fans would have a much better argument at that, with making and advancing into the 2nd round of the NCAAs and all.
    Valid point on UNH.

Mediocrity sucks. I don't accept it and I certainly don't enjoy it. Bring on the new regime!

Leave a comment:

• Nick Papagiorgio
    replied

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    BU fans have reason to argue that they were the second best team in HE at the end of the year. ... something for BU fans to take some enjoyment in.
    This thread is a nice big reminder of how the people at BU enjoy mediocrity.

Not to mention that UNH fans would have a much better argument at that, with making and advancing into the 2nd round of the NCAAs and all.

Leave a comment:

• sterlippo1
    replied

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
    When are BU and BC fans going to get over it and just merge the threads????
    classic case of "can't live with 'em , can't live without 'em"

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
    Using that logic then Maine has a bright future too as they lost their last game to Lowell by one goal as well, and that game was AT Lowell, not a neutral site like TD Garden.
    I disagree. When I say on an upswing, I'm not referring only to the last game, or even the last two. Certainly, upsetting BC in the semis was a high point. But when I say an upswing, I'm referring to the 6 wins in 7 games or whatever they were going into the HE Championship.

JD - trust me, I was ticked off during that horrible stretch. And BU fans know that winning two of those four against NU and Harvard, maybe even one, might have made the difference. More importantly, the team just played terribly and I do look at the team's inability to get out of it as the sort of epitome of why it was time for Jack to go.

But BU had started playing well before he announced his retirement. Although you could argue the competition was weak.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
    Those interested in the end of the year banquet, it's on April 21 at the Westin Hotel in Waltham. Starts at 1:00 PM.

Call the BC hockey office for info and you make check out to Pikes Peak ($75)
    waltham college??!?!!

Leave a comment:

• BCeagle
    replied

Those interested in the end of the year banquet, it's on April 21 at the Westin Hotel in Waltham. Starts at 1:00 PM.

Call the BC hockey office for info and you make check out to Pikes Peak ($75)

Leave a comment:

• DaveStPaul
    replied

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
    Excuse me, Egon, merging the threads is bad.

Leave a comment:

• Jacques Joubert
    replied

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

BU played inspired hockey because of parker retiring. They get credit for that but there were no indications of them being good prior to the announcement (unless you want to hang your hat on beating nu).

What does it say about a team that they needed that motivation? I'd be ****ed and left wondering where was this against harvard/nu earlier in the year.

Leave a comment:

• carltonbarrett
    replied

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    - BU's season finished on an upswing. The loss to UML hurt, but it's pretty clear now just how good that team is, so BU fans have reason to argue that they were the second best team in HE at the end of the year.
    Using that logic then Maine has a bright future too as they lost their last game to Lowell by one goal as well, and that game was AT Lowell, not a neutral site like TD Garden.

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied

- BC had a better season than BU, they won the Beanpot, BU won nothing.
    - BC's season finished on the downswing. A rarity lately, something for us BU fans to take some element of enjoyment in.
    - BU's season finished on an upswing. The loss to UML hurt, but it's pretty clear now just how good that team is, so BU fans have reason to argue that they were the second best team in HE at the end of the year. Another rarity lately, something for BU fans to take some enjoyment in, especially given the added excitement of the change at the top many of us have been waiting for.

Leave a comment:

• sterlippo1
    replied

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    If "making the NCAAs" and getting smoked is your idea of successful, I'll take making the Hockey East final and losing 1-0 to the probable National Champions any day...
    hmmm, ok, i'm not sure i agree with that
    Last edited by sterlippo1; 04-04-2013, 03:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Agreed but not this goalie. Leblanc wins.

Leave a comment:

• all bear
    replied

About time we had a goalie win the Hobey, eh ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X