Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston22
    replied
    Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Has anyone here had any luck with this guy?

http://hockeymandiscs.webs.com/collegehockey.htm

I emailed him about trading, but I haven't heard back. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• claver2010
    replied
    Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

unbelievable story, thanks for sharing

hopefully we hear regarding the banquet today.

Leave a comment:

• mwade
    replied

Jocko wrote about York's experience during Watertown http://bostonherald.com/sports/colle...night_for_york

Leave a comment:

• sterlippo1
    replied

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
    Actually was not all that long ago 2004-2005. All time series is BC 15 HC 1 with the 1 Holy Cross win being a shutout..First game.1927-28 ..Last game..2004-05 ....G..16 ....BC W..15 ....HC W...1 ..T..0...BC GF...98 ..HC GF...38...BC SO..3...HC SO..1
    almost 10 years ago..........a little surprising to me so see them scheduled but with so many OOC games coming up i guess we cant schedule all of them with the powerhouse teams

Leave a comment:

• BC/HE
    replied

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    so Holy Cross is on the schedule. I wonder when the last time we played "The Cross"?
    Actually was not all that long ago 2004-2005. All time series is BC 15 HC 1 with the 1 Holy Cross win being a shutout..First game.1927-28 ..Last game..2004-05 ....G..16 ....BC W..15 ....HC W...1 ..T..0...BC GF...98 ..HC GF...38...BC SO..3...HC SO..1

Leave a comment:

• sterlippo1
    replied

so Holy Cross is on the schedule. I wonder when the last time we played "The Cross"?

Leave a comment:

• lah02476
    replied

Received this email today re: Pikes Peak Club banquet:

"Dear Parents, Team Members, BC Athletic Department Staff, Board Members, Club Members and BC Hockey Supporters-

Yesterday, during the height of an extremely tense day, we all watched with intense anticipation of the capture of the at large terrorist. Simultaneously, The Pike’s Peak Hockey Club Board was assessing the appropriateness of proceeding with our awards banquet scheduled for Sunday in light of the community security issues. Numerous people were contacted to measure their position on proceeding with the banquet while there was still a “community lock-down” in place. As you all know, the atmosphere was unsettling and quite unnerving.

After consulting with many people involved in the planning and preparation of our banquet, we decided to “postpone” the event and work on a reschedule date to recognize the achievements of not only a very special class in BC Hockey history but also recognize the contributions of all team members. The process to postpone the banquet was difficult but we had to make a decision that we felt was in the best interests of everyone associated with the team, The Pike’s Peak Hockey Club, our membership and our community.

At this time, we are working on arranging another date and possibly another venue to host our awards event. We are in communication with the Westin Waltham Hotel to determine availability there next weekend. Additionally, we are also working with BC to determine the availability of hosting our event on campus. By no means will we diminish the focus or program this class and team richly deserves. I hope you all understand our decision and the process we endured to make this decision under the most extraordinary circumstances. We are part of the BC family and always will be. Although we have been rattled by these horrific acts, we remain steadfast in support of our team and our community. Finally, if you know anyone who was planning on attending our banquet, please let them know we are in the process of rescheduling it for next week at a date/venue to be determined.

I look forward to sharing our revised banquet plans with you by Monday. Thanks to all for your understanding and support.

We Are BC and Boston Strong!

Sincerely-

Barry Hynes"

Leave a comment:

• mwade
    replied

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...ction-boston-/

"...He has been playing with Norfolk, but the Admirals had just finished playing in Providence, R.I., on Sunday night. While they stayed there before heading to play Syracuse later this week, Steven returned to Boston College.

“He went home to finish up some schoolwork, square away some classes,” Joe Whitney said. “He’s trying to graduate, so he’s got to go back and finish some exams.”..."

Leave a comment:

• sterlippo1
    replied

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    If the two at Conte at the end of the year are the conf games for the season between the two teams then I would assume it has to be OOC like a Beanpot game would be. Right?
    makes sense. How odd is it to play two different teams in your own league in the same year and have one against each of them be OOC games?

Leave a comment:

• Nick Papagiorgio
    replied

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
    Correct, though everything might be thrown out iwth going from 10 to 11 to 12 teams.

Anyone heard whether the Frozen Fenway is going to be OOC?
    If the two at Conte at the end of the year are the conf games for the season between the two teams then I would assume it has to be OOC like a Beanpot game would be. Right?

Leave a comment:

• claver2010
    replied

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
    Pretty sure that the season ending series rotates two years at a time, so that would mean the following year BC would end with two at Notre Dame.
    Correct, though everything might be thrown out iwth going from 10 to 11 to 12 teams.

Anyone heard whether the Frozen Fenway is going to be OOC?

Leave a comment:

• BC/HE
    replied

Pretty sure that the season ending series rotates two years at a time, so that would mean the following year BC would end with two at Notre Dame.

Leave a comment:

• REDMEN2002
    replied
    Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    next year's schedule has Notre Dame at Conte to finish the regular season. Noteworthy in that it seems HE actually put some thought into this........had to get us off page 3
    i know BC has finished with UVM the last couple of seasons but prior to that it was UNH for a stretch of time that BC finished with. that was pretty good seeing as that both teams seemed to always be in contnention for the regular season title.

Leave a comment:

• sterlippo1
    replied

next year's schedule has Notre Dame at Conte to finish the regular season. Noteworthy in that it seems HE actually put some thought into this........had to get us off page 3

Leave a comment:

• claver2010
    replied

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    I wonder if this is accurate? While I'm no NHL scout, I would think that he could use another year or two of growing / filling out / man strength to go with his ultra high talent level.
    Agreed. Gerbe was more built and it took him a while to be a regular. The Sabres aren't exactly the Blackhawks either.

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Moral of the story: Stay and get your degree!
    Definitely. I think York said it (but I may be wrong) but 90% of kids who stay 3 years get their degree. Only 50% who stay for 2 do.

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    So his brother is coming in next year? Haven't seen his name mentioned with the other freshmen forwards.
    I knew it was a possibility, I still question it though. Quick back of the envelop math/memory I believe that puts us at 17 forwards for 12 spots?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X