No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Huskies at St. Cloud State Huskies: Eyeing the Finish Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Huskies at St. Cloud State Huskies: Eyeing the Finish Line

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    and that was just plain stupid of the WCHA. I was always under the impression that once it was possible for a team to clinch the cup would be there, it didnt work out but that was bush league.
    It's like the knew the outcome and didn't waste the gas money. Besides the league needs to save money for the nWCHA.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      It's like the knew the outcome and didn't waste the gas money. Besides the league needs to save money for the nWCHA.
      Maybe we did.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
        Typical Minny in my opinion.
        Bwaahaahaahaa. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why they are known as Jan Brady State University! Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

Like Minnesota had anything to do with the league decision regarding the cup. You think they had armed guards keeping the league rep from picking it up, if they wanted to?

Comment

I wondered about this after seeing it too. But there is also a Hobey Baker trophy in another display case fifty feet away from the one holding the cup. Is there any possibility that MN/The WCHA has a replica cup? Pretty sure the Hobey Baker trophy in the display case is not the one they presented to Jack Connolly last April. If the one at Mariucci last night was the real cup it was a mistake as I believe St. Cloud could have clinched it outright with a win and some help last night.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
            Bwaahaahaahaa. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why they are known as Jan Brady State University! Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

Like Minnesota had anything to do with the league decision regarding the cup. You think they had armed guards keeping the league rep from picking it up, if they wanted to?
            The WCHA tried to get the cup out of Mariucci but the BIG had black helicopters circling to make sure it didn't leave the premises.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
            Twenty red lights in his honor
            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
              Honestly...does anyone know how MTU's goalie can throw THREE haymakers and only get a 2 minute roughing call? He should have been ejected on the spot.
              Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
              You mean 5 minutes after Faragher did the same?
              It was more of a stabbing motion than a haymaker. It was awesome.
              Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
              And speaking of Parrish. He's the color guy right? Him and Jim Rich are fantastic to listen to. Really enjoyed them as an away fan watching the home feed. Can't say that every week.
              I believe so. Jim Rich does a great job with local sports in the Cities and I'd imagine he does a fine job with the broadcasts.

Don't they make a new Hobey Baker trophy for each year? Because UMD has one they show...unless that is a replica (which it very well could be).
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Rtn2GoldCountry View Post
                I wondered about this after seeing it too. But there is also a Hobey Baker trophy in another display case fifty feet away from the one holding the cup. Is there any possibility that MN/The WCHA has a replica cup? Pretty sure the Hobey Baker trophy in the display case is not the one they presented to Jack Connolly last April. If the one at Mariucci last night was the real cup it was a mistake as I believe St. Cloud could have clinched it outright with a win and some help last night.
                No, the real one is the one at Mariucci. The Cup was not in St. Cloud last night, even though, given the other results, if they would have won they would have clinched a share. Very dumb decision by the league.
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  Don't they make a new Hobey Baker trophy for each year? Because UMD has one they show...unless that is a replica (which it very well could be).
                  I'm 99% sure they make a new Hobey every year. At the very least they give every winner a replica. I did some work on Bill Watson's office window and saw his sitting on an end table (I wouldn't be surprised if that's the one that's now at Amsoil).
                  SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                  UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                  Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                  Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                  UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                  UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
                    I'm 99% sure they make a new Hobey every year. At the very least they give every winner a replica. I did some work on Bill Watson's office window and saw his sitting on an end table (I wouldn't be surprised if that's the one that's now at Amsoil).
                    Im guessing its like the heisman trophy where they make 2 each year, one goes to the team and one to the player.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                    X