Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Top 100 Greatest Teams of the NCAA era Tournament

What is she wearing?
    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
      What is she wearing?
      This photo was taken moments ago as she was rehearsing backstage...

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...PcTn7fD73vJ5la
      Last edited by Fighting Sioux 23; 02-27-2014, 09:44 AM.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Let's go Harvard!

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          This photo was taken moments ago as she was rehearsing backstage...

http://s55.***********.com/user/hrst...abdul.jpg.html
          Link won't link

Comment

That was a fantastic period of hockey! Both teams were playing to win, and the pace was lightning quick. Lots of chances on each side, but it was Michigan State that struck first, as Danton Cole scored on the powerplay with a tip in front of Chuckie Hughes. Jason Muzzatti held out a little longer, but Harvard tied the game with just a couple minutes left in the period when John Weisbrod made a tremendous effort play to win the puck in the corner, then snuck the puck in on a wraparound to tie the game. After 20 minutes of play, Harvard and Michigan State are all square at 1. SOG in the First: Michigan State - 10, Harvard - 7.
            North Dakota

Comment

Link won't link
              Uh oh...let's try it again...

(I also edited the original to show the proper link)
              North Dakota

Comment

Uh oh...let's try it again...

(I also edited the original to show the proper link)
                http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j...93602866131350

Alas, it seems not meant to be. Prob my employer's fault. How 'bout the above classic from '89?

Anyway, I heard there was a hockey game going on around here somewhere.

Ah, got it! I think Heather's looking better though.

Comment

Can I cheer against both teams? I still harbor resentment against MSU from 2006 when an off-hand shot in from the blue line late in the first found its way into the net and stood up as the only goal of the opening round game in Albany. And Harvard, well, they're Harvard.

Comment

along with the general lack of interest in this thread
                    It seems to me based on page views that there is quite a bit of interest in this thread!

Many of us check in to view the results, but what is there to say other than "great job, please keep it up!"
                    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Then back to the real world again.

sssh. here's a secret: there is no such thing as "the real world." we all merely move from one cocoon to another, that's basic human nature.
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Can I cheer against both teams? I still harbor resentment against MSU from 2006 when an off-hand shot in from the blue line late in the first found its way into the net and stood up as the only goal of the opening round game in Albany. And Harvard, well, they're Harvard.

Well, the second period just ended, and it was another exciting twenty minutes of action. Michigan State jumped out to a 2-1 lead when Shawn Heaphy scored from a beautiful feed from Rob Brind'Amour on a 2 on 1. Harvard answered just over a minute later, as C.J. Young scored on a slap shot from the slot that slipped through Muzzatti's five hole. Harvard quickly took the lead just 16 seconds later when Kevin Sneddon scored on a slapper from the point to give Harvard a 3-2 lead. Harvard dominated the middle portion of the period, but Muzzatti held them off. Finally, the Crimson broke through with just over a minute left in the second when Lane MacDonald's wrister beat Muzzatti blocker side to put Harvard up 4-2. That's the way the period would end. 2nd period SOG: Harvard - 13, Michigan State - 9.
                        North Dakota

Comment

Well, the game just ended. Chuckie Hughes put together a very nice highlight reel of saves in the third, preventing the Spartans from getting back into the game. He also got a little bit of puck luck, but sometimes that's what it takes to advance in these one and done tournaments. Lane MacDonald added an empty netter to seal the deal, and the 1988-1989 Harvard Crimson will advance to the Round of 32 where they will play the winner of the 1960-1961 DU - 2001-2002 UNH matchup.

Here is the full game recap...

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/1...9-Harvard.html
                          North Dakota

Comment

Yea! MSU loses!

Boooo! Harvard wins! No problem, though. They're gonna get pasted by the 'Cats, after those pesky Pioneers are dispatched. Who can we look for singing the anthem for that one? Patti Page?

Comment

Word on the street is that another game is being played today...stay tuned.

North Dakota

Comment

Confirmed...

#28 - 2004-2005 Colorado College Tigers vs. #37 - 1993-1994 Michigan Wolverines
                                Midwest Regional - Round of 64
                                United Center - Chicago, IL
                                February 27, 2014

Scotty Owens CC Tigers square off against Red Berenson's Michigan Wolverines in what should be an epic thriller. Puck set to drop at 3:00pm Eastern!
                                Last edited by Fighting Sioux 23; 02-27-2014, 02:07 PM.
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X