• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biddco
    replied
    Re: SCSU vs. Bye

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    I don't know how you two clowns can have a discussion revolving around Europe and not even call upon Euro. Disgraceful.
    It's because of deplorable hockey talk like this:
    Yeah, but halfway through my discussion I'd just break into French anyway, so meh.....

So I've started to hear people say they'd rather have Wisconsin split or take 3 from the Gophers instead of sweeping, cause if the Badgers win on Friday, they'll jump ahead of the Gophers in points. And they're a more dangerous shot to catch us than the Gophers in the fact that we have two games in Madison against them... so while if the Gophers sweep somebody they need us to lose in order to catch us, if Wisconsin sweeps us that's 4 points plus the tiebreaker.

My question is if the Badgers win on Friday, who are you pulling for Sunday? The Gophers do have two games in hand. The other games are pretty simple from an SCSU standings perspective: pull for MTU, pull for UAA and while it doesn't really matter cause the most Duluth can do is tie us in points and then lose in the tiebreaker to us, pull for BSU 'cause a single point at least prevents Duluth from having a chance to tie.

Leave a comment:

• SCSU HELMET GUY
    replied

If the Huskies and Badgers are in it at end, so be it....awesome! Moral of the story, if you cannot take care of business, you don't deserve the prize. It's simple math to a very difficult equation.

Leave a comment:

• MGoBlueHockey
    replied

Good luck again Bye. Michigan has them too this weekend.

Hopefully we can at least manage to split the series here.

Leave a comment:

• SCSU HELMET GUY
    replied

I'm cheering for the Huskies to take care of business and for others to beat each other up and split.

Leave a comment:

• SCSU Euro
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    I didn't realize we needed to send you an invitation, I just thought you would join into the discussion if you had something to add. Do you have anything to contribute on British Colonialism in the 19th Century Africa?
    Yeah, but halfway through my discussion I'd just break into French anyway, so meh.....

So I've started to hear people say they'd rather have Wisconsin split or take 3 from the Gophers instead of sweeping, cause if the Badgers win on Friday, they'll jump ahead of the Gophers in points. And they're a more dangerous shot to catch us than the Gophers in the fact that we have two games in Madison against them... so while if the Gophers sweep somebody they need us to lose in order to catch us, if Wisconsin sweeps us that's 4 points plus the tiebreaker.

My question is if the Badgers win on Friday, who are you pulling for Sunday? The Gophers do have two games in hand. The other games are pretty simple from an SCSU standings perspective: pull for MTU, pull for UAA and while it doesn't really matter cause the most Duluth can do is tie us in points and then lose in the tiebreaker to us, pull for BSU 'cause a single point at least prevents Duluth from having a chance to tie.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

I don't know how you two clowns can have a discussion revolving around Europe and not even call upon Euro. Disgraceful.
    I didn't realize we needed to send you an invitation, I just thought you would join into the discussion if you had something to add. Do you have anything to contribute on British Colonialism in the 19th Century Africa?

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied

African bias.

Leave a comment:

• SCSU Euro
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vizoroo
    replied

This weekend SCSU vs Bye vs DU.
    Must be afternoon games in St Cloud and then late games in Denver.
    Bye sure gets around.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Mortimer Zuckerman

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

This seems like a wonderful topic for a Roundtable Discussion. We could have our own version of The McGlaughlin Group in this thread. Oh what fun that would be!
    The Cloud fans can be the equivalent of Pat Buchanan (which matches the political beliefs of those in St. Cloud and congressional district). Dirty is of course Jon McGlaughlin (since they have the eyebrows). Don't know who I'd be....

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

This seems like a wonderful topic for a Roundtable Discussion. We could have our own version of The McGlaughlin Group in this thread. Oh what fun that would be!

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

But in the socio-political environment that was 19th Century Europe, did they really have any other options? In my mind if the British had not made attempts to colonize Africa, the French and Dutch would have dominated the continent and thus dominated the natural resources that Africa possessed. While one can argue that British control of India and Hong Kong would have at least mitigated, at least to some extent, the effects this had on the British Empire, I feel that had the British completely steered clear of Africa, it would have had drastic effects on the overall landscape within the Western European Power Sphere.
    Great point. an argument could be made that the British received more from other colonies in the Middle East, India (their self described crown jewel) and other parts of the world than their African colonies. It certainly would be fascinating to see what would have happened to the british if they did not go into Africa.

Leave a comment:

• Reverse Sanity
    replied

Yah, what you said. Europe is officially the worst country on earth.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    They had no merit to do so. It help to set back the continent of Africa more. The repercussions of their expansion are still felt today.
    But in the socio-political environment that was 19th Century Europe, did they really have any other options? In my mind if the British had not made attempts to colonize Africa, the French and Dutch would have dominated the continent and thus dominated the natural resources that Africa possessed. While one can argue that British control of India and Hong Kong would have at least mitigated, at least to some extent, the effects this had on the British Empire, I feel that had the British completely steered clear of Africa, it would have had drastic effects on the overall landscape within the Western European Power Sphere.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X