Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013-14 Hockey East scheduling

Originally posted by Patman View Post
    No, but the B10 and the NWHA (New Western Hockey Association... none of this national b-s) will have a ton of open dates... don't know about the re-constituted WCHA, yet. Of course the ECAC would rather spend their OOC games against Hockey East rather than loading up on Atlantic Hockey... everything shifts here... no reason for it to remain static, especially when games are scheduled at most 3 years out and often no more than one year out.
    I have heard that the B10 (Big 6?) will have a 20 game schedule giving them plenty of open OOC slots. I have not yet heard about the NCHC and new WCHA.... but the thing is, that is a lot of added travel cost which I would assume (at least according to the article about Maine) many of the teams are not too excited about taking on.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      Are we taxing the intestate travel?
      If you had a will it wouldn't be a problem!
      Originally posted by mookie1995
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

As I was saying though, is that ECAC and AHA teams will not have additional slots for OOC games next year, so even though Hockey East teams might like to schedule them, the ECAC and AHA teams will not have open slots that need filling.
        This is a good point for next year, but in the future it won't matter as much as Patman said. I do know that if I were Alabama Hunstville, I'd call every team in Hockey East to try to get a series. There's no need for them to play DIII teams or Club teams next year. Might even get some home games if they offer a 4 for 2 over three years.
        #NewMass

Comment

I have heard that the B10 (Big 6?) will have a 20 game schedule giving them plenty of open OOC slots. I have not yet heard about the NCHC and new WCHA.... but the thing is, that is a lot of added travel cost which I would assume (at least according to the article about Maine) many of the teams are not too excited about taking on.
          Let's put it this way as its been said... "its never stopped them in the past"... I think that's more an indictment of how maine has fallen back.
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
            This is a good point for next year, but in the future it won't matter as much as Patman said. I do know that if I were Alabama Hunstville, I'd call every team in Hockey East to try to get a series. There's no need for them to play DIII teams or Club teams next year. Might even get some home games if they offer a 4 for 2 over three years.
            Even in following years, the ECAC will not pick up any OOC slots... AHA will pick up a couple... so you will see a lot of OOC games against "Western" teams...

I agree about Huntsville, they have to travel wherever they go so they should be all over trying to pick up games from these schools that need to fill their schedules.... although I'm not sure how many Hockey East teams are going to want Alabama for 2 nights in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
              Let's put it this way as its been said... "its never stopped them in the past"... I think that's more an indictment of how maine has fallen back.
              There is that too... but if it is really a $50,000 tab to take a team on a western trip, how many trips like that will schools have the budget for?

Comment

Bring back the Governors Cup! Have it held on the Monday's of the Beanpot!
                UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

Will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

I have not studied how many conference games the Big 10, New WCHA, and NCHC will have and how many OOC games they will all have.
                  Wisconsin is playing a series with BC and BU next season, assume 1 game each. And then some return trip out west next season by BU/BC.
                  Go Badgers!

Comment

Originally posted by TUSCHWI View Post
                    Wisconsin is playing a series with BC and BU next season, assume 1 game each. And then some return trip out west next season by BU/BC.
                    Any idea if Wisconsin will have a travel partner for that?

Comment

Hockey East released the tentative league schedules for all teams for next season.
                      http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...3/mar22hea.php

Notre Dame is playing all league contests as two home or two away.
                      Maine is playing several series as two home or two away, but they're also playing several home-and-homes.
                      Vermont is playing all league contests as two home or two away except for UMass and Northeastern.
                      Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                      Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
                        Hockey East released the tentative league schedules for all teams for next season.

Maine is playing several series as two home or two away, but they're also playing several home-and-homes.
                        Vermont is playing all league contests as two home or two away except for UMass and Northeastern.
                        One thing that I'm not a fan of is seeing the games clumped together so much. I do like the "home and homes" but where we now only see each team twice, it seems odd that we don't see a conference opponent until March, or that we see someone halloween weekend and then not for the rest of the season.

Also not a fan of the "two at home one year then two away the next year" thing.... every team should play each other once at home and once on the road every year IMO.

Comment

I just saw the trophy Notre Dame hoisted today and thought about the one Lowell hoisted last night...complete with its maladjusted plaques. The only thing I could think of was, 'male inadequacy.'

I think Hockey East needs a new trophy as the league evolves next year.
                          Chris V
                          Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post

I am shocked that they didn't split up the ND trips to New England. Like play BU one night and then Northeastern the next....Then the next time they come in do the same thing.
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                              I am shocked that they didn't split up the ND trips to New England. Like play BU one night and then Northeastern the next....Then the next time they come in do the same thing.
                              Like the rest of the league teams are doing? Except, of course, they aren't. Many teams play home and home the same weekend.
                              bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                              SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                              All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                              A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                                Like the rest of the league teams are doing? Except, of course, they aren't. Many teams play home and home the same weekend.
                                Maybe you didn't read that right...ND could come to the Boston area and play two different opponents in one weekend at those rinks. A few weeks later come back and play those same teams at those rinks so we don't get BACK to BACK nights of the same team in the rinks.
                                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Working...
                                X