Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND @ UNO Dean and Dave take it outside Feb 8th & 9th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND @ UNO Dean and Dave take it outside Feb 8th & 9th.

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
    The weather is something of a concern here for Saturday, particularly, as things stand now, the later in the day it gets. Rain is the issue. Forecast models are all over the board still, though, the local weather guessers are saying. As you can imagine, the weather forecast for Saturday is now getting a lot of scrutiny here.
    Sounds like the game could be in the 40's is what someone told me.
    Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
    Eric's Twitter
    The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
      Sounds like the game could be in the 40's is what someone told me.
      Here's the forecast discussion from the NWS here in Omaha:

http://forecast.weather.gov/product....n=1&glossary=1

The two schools of thought on the Saturday forecast are in the long term section about half way down the page. Might even snow. Whatever happens, it does not look like the weather is going to be benign that day right now.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
        I was confused how neither of them got a suspension. I know Mersch came off the bench, but both guys dropped their gloves and I thought that was automatic...?
        Marvin and Lamoureux dropped gloves in Cloud after the Genoway hit and the refs jumped in before anyone could get suspended. Nothing happened.
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

I heard Mersch told a Badger fan after the game that they were getting their arses kicked so bad someone on the bench, possibly Eaves, suggested just calling it quits, and he thought it was a deal and was just heading out for the handshake line.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            Marvin and Lamoureux dropped gloves in Cloud after the Genoway hit and the refs jumped in before anyone could get suspended. Nothing happened.
            You mean nothing happened to Marvin... probably because he hid behind the refs

Comment

Has anyone heard if Kristo is bringing extra socks for the Saturday game?
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                Has anyone heard if Kristo is bringing extra socks for the Saturday game?
                I hear he's just going to bring extra toes.
                "My greatest achievement."
                Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Or he tossed his helmet and gloves and the refs jumped in and kept both apart you dumb sonuva*****

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Captain Gaptooth is so disgusted by his crappy goaltending that he doesn't even put a goalie in net for the outdoor game.
                    Come on, the Missouri River isn't that far from either venue...
                    'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                      Or he tossed his helmet and gloves and the refs jumped in and kept both apart you dumb sonuva*****
                      The first time Marvin stops skating backwards and tries to engage Mario is when he has two refs as sidekicks... those are the facts Jack. Good for Aaron though as he was about to be whooped by someone he had about 6 inches on.

Comment

Captain Gaptooth is so disgusted by his crappy goaltending that he doesn't even put a goalie in net for the outdoor game.
                        Unfortunately, there is an element of truth to this statement. Coach Blais has made some sort of backhanded "comments" about Faulkner in the past 45 days or so on his weekly radio show, in local TV interviews, and in at least one between periods interview I've seen. Subtle things like "Johnny didn't have his best game tonight" or "Johnny wishes that one hadn't gone in" or "Johnny struggled a little bit tonight". It kind of hard to overtly call out your 5th year senior captain goaltender. Particularly since he doesn't have another goaltender currently on the roster that has seen even one second of ice time this season.

If you could put a gun to Coach Blais' head and put him on the spot on the topic I'd bet some big money he'd say he wishes he had a better goaltender and that that issue has probably cost us a couple games, at least, this season. Since Coach Blais, himself, says that the defense corps is the strength of team, despite the fact that the stats don't bear this out in any way, one can only surmise that THAT is backhanded commentary about Faulkner as well on some level.

Yes, he does always call him "Johnny", too.

Comment

UND practiced outside today. No Kristo jokes on Twitter (Forbort's shot doesn't count ). I was a little surprised.
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            UND practiced outside today.
                            Saw the picture of Clarke Saunders being hauled away from the practice with all his gear on in the back of what looks like an El Camino, a pickup, or something on this page:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...es%20a%20ride/

Hilarious.

Saunders is in UNO's head, by the way. UNO has faced him 4 times before with UAH before he ever donned a North Dakota uniform and he was 2-2-0 against us, despite facing 190 shots in those 4 games. That includes a 2-1 home loss by UNO in a game where we outshot them 59-19, the largest margin in school history. That 59 shots is also the 2nd highest number in school history in a 60 minute game.

I assume he'll be in goal this weekend? We made that guy look like Dominik Hašek while he was at UAH.

edit: even though it may rain Saturday, apparently that isn't cause for concern unless it's a downpour:

http://www.omaha.com/article/2013020...702049890/1212
                            Last edited by Red Cows; 02-05-2013, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                              Unfortunately, there is an element of truth to this statement. Coach Blais has made some sort of backhanded "comments" about Faulkner in the past 45 days or so on his weekly radio show, in local TV interviews, and in at least one between periods interview I've seen. Subtle things like "Johnny didn't have his best game tonight" or "Johnny wishes that one hadn't gone in" or "Johnny struggled a little bit tonight". It kind of hard to overtly call out your 5th year senior captain goaltender. Particularly since he doesn't have another goaltender currently on the roster that has seen even one second of ice time this season.

If you could put a gun to Coach Blais' head and put him on the spot on the topic I'd bet some big money he'd say he wishes he had a better goaltender and that that issue has probably cost us a couple games, at least, this season. Since Coach Blais, himself, says that the defense corps is the strength of team, despite the fact that the stats don't bear this out in any way, one can only surmise that THAT is backhanded commentary about Faulkner as well on some level.

Yes, he does always call him "Johnny", too.
                              Those aren't backhander comments. If your goalie has an off night those are all fair remarks

Comment

Also I'm pretty sure Blais would play without a goalie if it was at all possible to win a game doing so. I think Karl Goehring was the last goalie Blais had that he liked.
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X