No announcement yet.

The Beanpot 2013 It's Anyone's Game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Beanpot 2013 It's Anyone's Game!

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    i saw the other day bc athletics website had big stories on signing day, and a men's bball loss... and NOTHING on the bc men's and women's beanpot victories!!!!!

wasupwitdat?
    We picked up the slack over at BCInterruption.com
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
      C'mon Carmine......"NU Dogpound" is a contradiction in terms. You should know by now that the Dog Pound is associated with some nondescript place on lower Comm. Ave. while the Dog House is associated with a fine institution on Huntington Ave., in the cultural heart of Boston. Never confuse one with the other.
      No one cares
      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        We picked up the slack over at BCInterruption.com
        i use that exclusively for information, commentary etc. BCeagles.com just doesn't do it, too antiseptic

Comment

Are the fanboys gonna stay and cheer on NU? That is, if they even show up for the consolation game...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Are the fanboys gonna stay and cheer on NU? That is, if they even show up for the consolation game...
            At 43, I'm not a fanboy, but for kicks, I'll let you know that I am attending, since I was invited by a former work colleague with some nice seats. Despite my frustrations with BU, I'll be attending most of the consolation game. How long I stay at the final will likely depend on how close it is. Or if NU is winning, I may stay just to see the NU fans finally exercise the demon.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
              At 43, I'm not a fanboy, but for kicks, I'll let you know that I am attending, since I was invited by a former work colleague with some nice seats. Despite my frustrations with BU, I'll be attending most of the consolation game. How long I stay at the final will likely depend on how close it is. Or if NU is winning, I may stay just to see the NU fans finally exercise the demon.
              "Exercise the demon" sounds like a euphemism for something else...

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                Or if NU is winning, I may stay just to see the NU fans finally exercise the demon.
                I'm pretty sure that ,if this is the scenario, you'll be staying to see BC lose rather than NU fans exorcising any demons, just sayin............not that i'd blame you
                Last edited by sterlippo1; 02-08-2013, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  I'm pretty sure that ,if that is the scenario, you'll be staying to see BC lose rather than NU exorcising any demons, just sayin............not that i'd blame you
                  not sure about defkit, but i've seen bc lose before......
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

not sure about defkit, but i've seen bc lose before......
                    that was then, this is now. Different time frame of reference if you know what i'm sayin

Comment

that was then, this is now. Different time frame of reference if you know what i'm sayin
                      nu last won in 198what?!?!
                      while bc hasn't lost a lot, i can recall seeing them lose (like he semi finals in 2009).

that is 20+ years, no??

geez. y'all act like y'all are on a 15y winning streak!
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that ,if this is the scenario, you'll be staying to see BC lose rather than NU fans exorcising any demons, just sayin............not that i'd blame you
                        Gee whiz! the guy is trying to make a conciliatory gesture (even if it is misspelled) and you have to short circuit it and tell us what he really meant. OK, He was trying to be tactful. He really meant to a "A pox on your birds".

Comment

For those interested, last years Beanpot is on NESN right now

Comment

nu last won in 198what?!?!
                            while bc hasn't lost a lot, i can recall seeing them lose (like he semi finals in 2009).

that is 20+ years, no??

geez. y'all act like y'all are on a 15y winning streak!
                            ya know what? i was thinking about this last night and wondered what would i think if i were in that situation but it's hard from this seat since I witnessed our rival kick our arses for 30 years until the tide started to turn . You got to witness being being on the other side , like beating BC a gazillion times in the 'pot and just about everywhere else . So, to me, Y'all can't lose enough for my taste and we still have 15 more years (hopefully) of catching up to do. Not sure if this makes sense and i have not had my first Sierra yet

Comment

ya know what? i was thinking about this last night and wondered what would i think if i were in that situation but it's hard from this seat since I witnessed our rival kick our arses for 30 years until the tide started to turn . You got to witness being being on the other side , like beating BC a gazillion times in the 'pot and just about everywhere else . So, to me, Y'all can't lose enough for my taste and we still have 15 more years (hopefully) of catching up to do. Not sure if this makes sense and i have not had my first Sierra yet
                              I think that even putting rivalries aside, people without a dog in the fight will cheer for the underdog / cinderella story type.... so pretty much everyone who is not a direct BC fan will be cheering for Northeastern.... add in the rivalries, well, all the more reason to cheer for Northeastern.

Just like when BU had won several in a row, you had 2/3+ of the arena cheering for anyone who was not BU.

By the way... its a snowstorm... no harm in cracking that first Sierra early...

Comment

I am happy for BC to be bringing in 7 sections +/- whatever to the 'Pot.. i know NU has had several sections in recent years & even this year had quite a few turn up & more will turn up Monday..

can you just imagine.. not having won in 25 years.. just imagine if we had won..
                                well.. were winning consistently.. how many fans we'd bring.. with several National Titles, Hockey East titles.. Beanpot titles.. 7 sections?.. heck they'd have overflow viewing on giant screens at Matthews..

c'mon dogs.. win one Monday.. c'mon BC you'll feel our joy!

drive safe, everyone.
                                GO NU HOCKEY
                                Always bullish on the future.
                                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X