No announcement yet.

The Beanpot 2013 It's Anyone's Game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Beanpot 2013 It's Anyone's Game!

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/2/5...ton-university

Lackadaisical is how I would describe BU's play for a better half of the last decade.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Let's be honest, the biggest problem is Harvard. At least NU brings a big student population to the event. Harvard brings absolutely nothing.
      and westfield state brings ONE?

Hey Scarlet, you looking to unload a ticket or 2 for Monday's games... cheap?

I guess I mis named Satan's team as "Team February" a while back, huh?

how about "Team Better-Than-Maine-But-That-Ain't-Sayin'-Much"

Comment

Originally posted by BrocktonNU View Post
        They probably learned that whole tickets sold thing from the Red Sox.
        Or from ND football, who count it as a sellout even if there are single tickets available. (The so-called home sellout streak for Irish football certainly came to an end in the 2007 game against Duke, if not before, though the ND athletic department came up with various rationalizations for not admitting it.)
        Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
        Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

d-head KIA is here!!! now it's a thread

Comment

Photo I took of the non-handshake between Parker and Vinny:

*****http://i.imgur.com/1TuZDFh.jpg******

Comment

Even more awkward considering how few people were left in line. From what I did see, seems like he is close with a few BU players even though he never played with any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Even more awkward considering how few people were left in line. From what I did see, seems like he is close with a few BU players even though he never played with any of them.
                this years sr class would have been freshmen vincent's last year (he left after his soph season).
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                  The BC/BU folks might not want to hear this but really, the long-term health of the Beanpot as a signature Boston institution depends on both Northeastern and Harvard once again becoming consistently competitive. Interest in the tournament was never as high or intense as it was in the '80s when all four teams were good, any of them could beat any of the others on any given night, and the pot was literally up for grabs. If interest has waned in recent years, it's because it has become semi-predictable. This is not a knock on either BC or BU but it is an indictment of long-term incompetence and mismanagement in the athletic depts. of both N and H.

But now, the Huskies have KRoy and seem to have a promising inbound pipeline while the Crimson looked to be stepping up until the academic scandal hit. If I'm right in sensing progress being made, I sure hope nothing happens to blow it all up. The Beanpot deserves better.
                  OMG, NU has beaten BU 3 straight!, We were the only team to beat BC, not once but twice in the last year and had 2 or 3 (1) goal losses during their nearly unbeaten streak and we handled Harvard with fair ease in December, however we can't beat anyone else, with loses to Bentley and poor wins against UAB-Huntsville. If you look more closely recently we have played the local rivals fairly tight most of the time, last year we went West and beat Mich, Minn, and ND twice. Then we loose to VT 3 times.We are in last and will need help to make the HE tounament.
                  Last edited by RossiRules; 02-05-2013, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Rossi.. this is the Beanpot thread. For the HE thread take a left..
                    relax.

If we win the d@mn thing this season.. the the regular season (what's left of it).. forgaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat about it.

Wait (i said this yesterday).. if we win it, we'll never be able to forget this season, regardless of the rest of this season..!
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

The #3 BU women were just upset by Northeastern to join the men's team in the BU Invitational portion of this year's Beanpot
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

BU doesn't play in consolation games

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                          The #3 BU women were just upset by Northeastern to join the men's team in the BU Invitational portion of this year's Beanpot
                          Cool.. do you have a final score? Do we play you guys (your gals) or H?
                          I know they had a campus push going.. hopefully there was a decent crowd..
                          GO NU HOCKEY
                          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

..just got 'em. 4-1 NU final..
                            2-1 BC over H..
                            so.. doubleheader with the Men & Women's 'Pot.. pretty cool. G'luck to the lot!
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                              Rossi.. this is the Beanpot thread. For the HE thread take a left..
                              relax.

If we win the d@mn thing this season.. the the regular season (what's left of it).. forgaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat about it.

Wait (i said this yesterday).. if we win it, we'll never be able to forget this season, regardless of the rest of this season..!
                              We're basically down to a one game season now. Win and we have a triumph that won't soon be forgotten. Lose and it's just another crap season.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                                ..just got 'em. 4-1 NU final..
                                2-1 BC over H..
                                so.. doubleheader with the Men & Women's 'Pot.. pretty cool. G'luck to the lot!
                                It's ALWAYS cool when BU isn't involved. And I hate Harvard too, so, bonus.
                                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                                X