No announcement yet.

The Beanpot 2013 It's Anyone's Game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Beanpot 2013 It's Anyone's Game!

A few observations:
    -No self-respecting Eagle couldn't care less about the Beanpot, but it's always good to see the BU Felons cry after losing it.
    -It's hard to figure out who was worse in the first game, the refs who tried to give Sux2BU the game, or the Terrierrees who still found ways to lose.
    -Great to see Quinn get a couple of goals like that. Hopefully this is the start of his breakout.
    -With Sux2BU in the early game, they'll have no problem making it back to their dorm before the court-appointed curfew.

Go Harvard, send the Terrierrees back to EggAnus with their tails between their legs! #Sux2BU.
    1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Comment

• Originally posted by TimP View Post
      A few observations:
      -No self-respecting Eagle couldn't care less about the Beanpot, but it's always good to see the BU Felons cry after losing it.
      -It's hard to figure out who was worse in the first game, the refs who tried to give Sux2BU the game, or the Terrierrees who still found ways to lose.
      -Great to see Quinn get a couple of goals like that. Hopefully this is the start of his breakout.
      -With Sux2BU in the early game, they'll have no problem making it back to their dorm before the court-appointed curfew.

Go Harvard, send the Terrierrees back to EggAnus with their tails between their legs! #Sux2BU.

You lost me at the double negative.

Harvard was better and faster than I thought they would be. Vesey and biega are two of the best in the tournament and girard really held the fort for as long as he could. Fatigue and lack of depth took its toll in the third; but I think they can beat bu again since they don't take penalties
      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
        A few observations:

..hate when people talk in circles.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
          You lost me at the double negative.

Harvard was better and faster than I thought they would be. Vesey and biega are two of the best in the tournament and girard really held the fort for as long as he could. Fatigue and lack of depth took its toll in the third; but I think they can beat bu again since they don't take penalties
          Girard impressed me, outside of that they're simply not good.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
            He left his feet and aimed for the players head.
            He left his feet as a result of contact, he did not jump into the hit and he most certainly wasn't aiming for the head on a hip check. How inebriated were you when you typed that analysis?
            Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
            Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
              He left his feet as a result of contact, he did not jump into the hit and he most certainly wasn't aiming for the head on a hip check. How inebriated were you when you typed that analysis?
              All I can say is I am so glad that call is a moot point now that it didn't lead to a goal and the game is over. NU could of easily been screwed out of that game with 3 bad calls in a row towards the end of the 2nd period, including almost a full 2 minute 5-3 which was proceeded by the horrendous call on Manson. Clean hit, bad call, NU still wins and onto to the Beanpot Championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by BrocktonNU View Post
                That call on Manson was criminal....
                Copied from the Northeastern thread:

"I really hate to see Kevin Shea show up to referee any NU game. He's actually not bad overall but has a really bad habit of presuming any hard hit that makes a lot of noise or sends an opponent flying is a penalty. He made the exact same call on Steve Quailer vs BU at Matthews last year and it turned the game around. I'm not looking to run the guy off but really, Dan Schachte needs to call him in for some video reviews."

They say that the hip check is a lost art. So much so, apparently, that an experienced NCAA D1 referee doesn't recognize one when it's delivered right in front of him. Great hit--shabby call.
                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Shea is an experienced linesman. He has recently added the orange bar to his shirt
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    i heard vincent skated away from the line. now did he stop and extend his hand to jack to shake and jack walked away like vincent did last year after the hea qf? or what?

cause we all know it's always jack's fault.
                    Vincent took a sharp left turn when he got to Parker. The "non-hand shake" was all on him.
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      Vincent took a sharp left turn when he got to Parker. The "non-hand shake" was all on him.
                      So once again a tainted response here... Shocking
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        ..actually i got some mic audio.. this is actually what happened..
                        Saponari was shaking hands.. heard the same thing all line.. got fed up..skated away

GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Interesting that 5 of the 10 goals scored last night were from Quebec natives. 2 from Mass, 2 from Connecticut, and 1 from British Columbia.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            So once again a tainted response here... Shocking
                            When claver, JD, and Rossi are in agreement, that's all the proof you need!
                            Bugs Bunny - 96
                            Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                              From the angle I was sitting (admitedly hard to see since I was looking down the length of the ice) that is what I saw as well.

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              What a petulant child.
                              Did you see it J.D.? Was it on TV? Are you willing to retract this?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                                When claver, JD, and Rossi are in agreement, that's all the proof you need!
                                Actually, Dave, I didn't claim to see this. In fact, if you could read, I asked if it actually happened. Score one for old Jackie this one time.

Comment

Working...
                                X