Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
    and that is different how?
    I know what you are saying, but...
    They took Northeastern to ot in both games in playoffs at NU's rink. NU was a tough team at the end

Brian Morgan as a junior is a solid player. Had an off year last year but was better than several of these kids when he played prep and USHL. Just an example

Year 3 or 4 is not when you do a start over, stay with the process and tweak, don't dismantle

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
      Hayes, Perez and Gibson could all be iffy, possibly even Vesey if he performs like he did this past season, and Hamilton if Cochrane and Muhlbauer step up.
      Zero chance Vesey gets bumped for any of them

Comment

• Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Vesey the guy who started the season on the first line, and ended it on the third? That Vesey? Gonna have to step up his game then. As does Morgan.

Oh, and prep/USHL stats don't mean squat. What are they gonna do for the team here, and now? We'll see.
        Last edited by rufus; 04-22-2016, 02:51 PM.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Vesey the guy who started the season on the first line, and ended it on the third? That Vesey? Gonna have to step up his game then. As does Morgan.

Oh, and prep/USHL stats don't mean squat. What are they gonna do for the team here, and now? We'll see.
          Vesey is playing, better than any freshmen coming in

I agree about the stats but it does show they can play at a particular level
          Smith played on a very good Green Bay team and was just average on team.

The team is not that far off
          Watched both vs NU and they were close

Comment

Junior center from Lawrence commits for 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post

I agree about the stats but it does show they can play at a particular level
              Smith played on a very good Green Bay team and was just average on team.

The team is not that far off
              Watched both vs NU and they were close
              Hoping these kids, and next years, at worst are going to be much more competitive at trying to achieve a spot in a good line. That will step up others game. Something we have been lacking, the past few years the depth was not there.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                Hoping these kids, and next years, at worst are going to be much more competitive at trying to achieve a spot in a good line. That will step up others game. Something we have been lacking, the past few years the depth was not there.
                Some very good players coming in
                Papalardo in particular will thrive in Hockey East. Very surprised some of the bigger programs, if you want to have them call themselfs that, didn't go after him
                Killed the prep league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                  Some very good players coming in
                  Papalardo in particular will thrive in Hockey East. Very surprised some of the bigger programs, if you want to have them call themselfs that, didn't go after him
                  Killed the prep league.
                  Yep, he's legit. Hope he has signed

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                    Really? None of the freshmen coming in can slot in on the third line and put up 11 points on the season?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                      Yep, he's legit. Hope he has signed

Jake signed last fall and will be in Orono in October. Guite was fortunate to get him early in recruiting (I believe he committed in the fall of 2014). He's going to be a fun player to watch!

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Really? None of the freshmen coming in can slot in on the third line and put up 11 points on the season?
                        How many freshman had 11 pts last year? Vesey isn't sitting . Hayes will be playing.
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          How many freshman had 11 pts last year? Vesey isn't sitting . Hayes will be playing.
                          These freshmen are supposed to be so much better. You know, the first class Red can truly call his own. Three draft picks!!!!!!

If they're as good as everyone's talking them up to be, I find it hard to see any of them sitting in favor of who we have on the current team.

I don't think Vesey's sitting either. But he's gonna have to up his game from what we saw last year if he wants to be on one of the top lines.
                          Last edited by rufus; 04-23-2016, 12:36 PM.

Comment

These freshmen are supposed to be so much better. You know, the first class Red can truly call his own. Three draft picks!!!!!!

If they're as good as everyone's talking them up to be, I find it hard to see any of them sitting in favor of who we have on the current team.

I don't think Vesey's sitting either. But he's gonna have to up his game from what we saw last year if he wants to be on one of the top lines.
                            It's all hype until they produce.

Comment

But c'mon. Red, his first true all his own class!!. Three draft picks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's NCAA tourney time!!

Comment

But c'mon. Red, his first true all his own class!!. Three draft picks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's NCAA tourney time!!
                                I'm not that easy but it appears some are believers

Comment

Working...
                                X