Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

    Originally posted by rufus View Post
    But c'mon. Red, his first true all his own class!!. Three draft picks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    It's NCAA tourney time!!
    2017-18.

    Comment


    • Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

      Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      2017-18.
      So this isn't the year when Red finally gets his own class of guys he really wanted, instead of a mix of TIMMAY guys and guys he had to settle for after all the good ones were gone? That's next year?

      And I suppose next year, it'll actually be the year after that, and then the year after, and of course, we'll have to extend Red's contract again, cvause we wouldn't want to disrupt the recruiting, and the solid path he's set the team on, and so on and so on...............................
      Last edited by rufus; 04-25-2016, 04:52 PM.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

      Comment


      • Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

        Originally posted by rufus View Post
        So this isn't the year when Red finally gets his own class of guys he really wanted, instead of a mix of TIMMAY guys and guys he had to settle for after all the good ones were gone? That's next year?
        Yep, I'm saying all that.

        You said "It's NCAA tourney time!!" to which I responded with the same answer I have given in this and other forums. Maine will not challenge for the NCAA tournament this year. I am hopeful Maine gets home ice for the Hockey East first round this year. I expect Maine will challenge for the NCAA tournament in 2017-18, especially if Hockey East can get five or six teams into the field again. With any luck that will also line up with the school hosting the regional in Portland.

        Comment


        • Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

          What years Red been telling the donors hes winning the national title again? 19? I believe the kids today say "lol"

          Maine Hockey: I want to believe
          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
          3x FROZEN FOUR

          11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

          Comment


          • Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

            Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
            What years Red been telling the donors hes winning the national title again? 19? I believe the kids today say "lol"
            Gendron has been telling groups that he meets with that Maine will be competing for a national title in the 2017-20018 season.

            Comment


            • Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

              Here's a nicely done article on Tim Doherty.


              http://newportdailynews.ri.newsmemor...reid=0d795b519

              Comment


              • Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

                http://stats.ushl.com/ushl/ushl/en/s...=330&season=48

                Has anyone heard if/when he decommitted? He hasn't had a great year in the USHL but it is nice to see kids from Maine on the team.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

                Comment


                • Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

                  Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  http://stats.ushl.com/ushl/ushl/en/s...=330&season=48

                  Has anyone heard if/when he decommitted? He hasn't had a great year in the USHL but it is nice to see kids from Maine on the team.
                  Heisenberg still lists Michaud, who is the grandson of John Huard, UMaine football legend, as coming to Orono in 2016. But Heisenberg has 12 players, including 8 forwards, coming this fall, which is probably a couple more than we have room for, so something's got to give.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

                    Originally posted by dwollstadt View Post
                    Heisenberg still lists Michaud, who is the grandson of John Huard, UMaine football legend, as coming to Orono in 2016. But Heisenberg has 12 players, including 8 forwards, coming this fall, which is probably a couple more than we have room for, so something's got to give.
                    Michaud is a '97 so he wouldn't have to come in until 2018. I agree, some kids will be pushed back and some will probably never show up.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

                    Comment


                    • Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

                      Originally posted by dwollstadt View Post
                      Heisenberg still lists Michaud, who is the grandson of John Huard, UMaine football legend, as coming to Orono in 2016. But Heisenberg has 12 players, including 8 forwards, coming this fall, which is probably a couple more than we have room for, so something's got to give.
                      I thought the 16/17 recruits were all set? Nine in all two of which are goalies. No Michaud this year.

                      http://mainehockeyjournal.bangordail...iting-class-2/

                      Comment


                      • Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

                        Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                        I thought the 16/17 recruits were all set? Nine in all two of which are goalies. No Michaud this year.

                        http://mainehockeyjournal.bangordail...iting-class-2/
                        My one question mark is Cam Spicer. He is listed as signing his LOI early and if he is not in camp that means we only have 7 D unless Hayes moves back to the blue line? Undoubtedly on paper this is our best class in a long time. Now who can we count on to stop the puck?

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X