Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...s-northeastern

Hockey East Recruiting Rankings…Maine is looking up, but give Guite some time on the trail.
    Surprising to see Maine and UNH at the bottom. Is there much difference in the classes once you get past the top four or five?
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      Surprising to see Maine and UNH at the bottom. Is there much difference in the classes once you get past the top four or five?

Interestingly enough, Lowell is never near the top of these lists yet Norm Bazin continues to churn out teams that are competing for championships. JMO but right now he and Leaman are the top two coaches in this league.

Comment

• Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
        Interestingly enough, Lowell is never near the top of these lists yet Norm Bazin continues to churn out teams that are competing for championships. JMO but right now he and Leaman are the top two coaches in this league.
        Add Quinn and your opinion is right on top 3 coaches CURRENTLY.
        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Interesting thoughts on coaches. Tom Brady was all washed up a year ago as well.

Not to discount y'alls thoughts as they are all very good, but I'll stick with the old pro that has 4 NC's over the last 14 years, and brought a team that couldn't hit the broad side of a bull's arse with a base fiddle last year, to the NCAA dance. I know of one of the above mentioned that couldn't accomplish that.

Leaman has shown he can win the big one. Everyone else?... show me the money.

FWIW... I'll take Cavanaugh over all comers when Jerry decides to hang 'em up.
          JMO.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
            Interesting thoughts on coaches. Tom Brady was all washed up a year ago as well.

Not to discount y'alls thoughts as they are all very good, but I'll stick with the old pro that has 4 NC's over the last 14 years, and brought a team that couldn't hit the broad side of a bull's arse with a base fiddle last year, to the NCAA dance. I know of one of the above mentioned that couldn't accomplish that.

Leaman has shown he can win the big one. Everyone else?... show me the money.

FWIW... I'll take Cavanaugh over all comers when Jerry decides to hang 'em up.
            JMO.
            Are you crazy ????!!!!! Wait , dumb question, we already know the answer

Jewry has more losses than all of m combined prolly....both him and that bu stud would be nowhere without all those extra virgin blue Chiapas coming in.
            sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
              Are you crazy ????!!!!! Wait , dumb question, we already know the answer

Jewry has more losses than all of m combined prolly....both him and that bu stud would be nowhere without all those extra virgin blue Chiapas coming in.
              The list of coaches who have one significant hardware without significant talent is short (Walsh in 99 is one that comes to mind). And even they don't do it consistently, because once the winning starts, the blue-chippers start lining up. Then they are expected to win.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Thought it was time to revive this thread so we can separate the negativity, which is a reality these days, with the hope of better things to come! With a recruiting class set to arrive in Orono that marks, IMHO, the very first real class under Red, Ben and Jay, which we hope will be a base for a new foundation at Maine with Chase Pearson, Patrick Holway, Pat Shea, and Jake Pappalardo here's an article on another forward that is highly regarded in Craig Needham for 2018 http://mainehockeyjournal.bangordail...illed-forward/

And checking Heisenberg today I also see a commit from Ryan Smith of the Green Bay Gamblers a 6'0" forward for 2017. Not sure where all these guys will fit, but when you skate only 1 or at best 2 quality lines suffice it to say some of the guys who have been seeing action could see themselves as depth guys in the next two years.

Comment

So who's got a list of all the incoming recruits for next season?
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    So who's got a list of all the incoming recruits for next season?

FORWARDS:
                    Chase Pearson
                    Jake Pappalardo
                    Tim Doherty
                    Mitch Fossier
                    Pat Shea
                    Kevin Hock
                    AJ Drobot
                    Jack Quinlivan

DEFENSEMEN:
                    Pat Holway
                    Cam Spicer
                    Simon Butala

GOALTENDERS:
                    Tyler Johnson (may have to sit out a year due to playing one game in the OHL, but likely the University will apply for him to be able to play this season)
                    Stephen Murdinger

Comment

QU Transfer heading your way as well. Cannon Pieper: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=106290

Comment

Originally posted by IsThereADog View Post
                        QU Transfer heading your way as well. Cannon Pieper: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=106290
                        More likely than not he has to sit the year.
                        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                        https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Any chance all 8 of those forwards crack the starting lineup next season? I'm guessing Shea, Pearson and Pappalardo should be locks, with the orest fighting for spots, or are there a couple of others who should step right in?
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            Any chance all 8 of those forwards crack the starting lineup next season? I'm guessing Shea, Pearson and Pappalardo should be locks, with the orest fighting for spots, or are there a couple of others who should step right in?

Fossier could as well and maybe Doherty. I won't be surprised to see Chase on the top line as a freshman

Comment

• Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                              FORWARDS:
                              Chase Pearson
                              Jake Pappalardo
                              Tim Doherty
                              Mitch Fossier
                              Pat Shea
                              Kevin Hock
                              AJ Drobot
                              Jack Quinlivan

DEFENSEMEN:
                              Pat Holway
                              Cam Spicer
                              Simon Butala

GOALTENDERS:
                              Tyler Johnson (may have to sit out a year due to playing one game in the OHL, but likely the University will apply for him to be able to play this season)
                              Stephen Murdinger
                              I think you need to swap Smith and Drobot. I believe Drobot is at least a year away and maybe two. He didn't do very much in the NAHL this year. I would expect pappalardo, Shea, Pearson, Doherty, and fossier would all be in the lineup.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                I think you need to swap Smith and Drobot. I believe Drobot is at least a year away and maybe two. He didn't do very much in the NAHL this year. I would expect pappalardo, Shea, Pearson, Doherty, and fossier would all be in the lineup.

I could be wrong but I thought Smith was listed as 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X