Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Originally posted by AMC View Post
    Because, despite it all, he's a really good hockey player?

You can all degrade this as a side show or whatever all you want, but Maine has a serious, serious dearth of good hockey players and this was maybe their best opportunity to add one. Maine is a really bad hockey team with old facilities and not much fan support these days. The Bears had a chance to add an impact player. Now they will just keep "reloading" with juniors players that can't score a point a game. The roller coaster ride of the Whitehead era is over- there are no more highs. It's a slow train to consistent 12th place finishes in Hockey East.

Actually, yet to be seen if he is a really good hockey player. Sure, Maine can use all the help they can get, but to pin future hopes on overblown situations like this is ridiculous. So the kid scores a lacrosse goal at 9 years old that gets recorded. Big deal, most serious 9 year old hockey players can do the exact same thing, maybe their parents are not smart enough to record their every move though

Comment

I just find it comical that he has what is it, 3 years left of high school, and he has committed to one of the hardest colleges in the country to get into. How does anyone know if he is going have the grades?
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
        I just find it comical that he has what is it, 3 years left of high school, and he has committed to one of the hardest colleges in the country to get into. How does anyone know if he is going have the grades?
        I hope he ends up at Harvard, but Harvard is the ultimate leverage with the Q. May be his way of keeping the leeches at bay.

Him and Wilde at Harvard feels like it could be circa 1989.

Comment

• Originally posted by bothman View Post
          I hope he ends up at Harvard, but Harvard is the ultimate leverage with the Q. May be his way of keeping the leeches at bay.

Committing a player with no boards? Hockey East, yes. Ivy? Laughable

Circus act

Comment

His tweet said he was proud to be joining the class of '18. Guess he doesn't realize the class year is the year you graduate. This year's incoming freshmen are class of '19.

Comment

Maine needs a new hockey facility......period.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                Maine needs a new hockey facility......period.
                Why? Explain your reasoning on that idea...hate to say it but it won't happen for a long/long time...if ever. Not to dish on you but would be interested on why.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Wahlstrom commits to Harvard
                  and I remember when zha zha gabor committed to marrying her first husband... and her second... (Conrad Hilton.. .he had as much to offer as Harvard)... and then she committed 6 or 7 more times.

who cares what the little sideshow freak does? jesus, 10 seconds on between periods pee wee trick shots and the kid is the second coming.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post

leeches that pay well

who is the leech?

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
                      and I remember when zha zha gabor committed to marrying her first husband... and her second... (Conrad Hilton.. .he had as much to offer as Harvard)... and then she committed 6 or 7 more times.

who cares what the little sideshow freak does? jesus, 10 seconds on between periods pee wee trick shots and the kid is the second coming.
                      Well, to be fair, it's not like he stinks. He has played at the best high school program in the country and appears to be scoring at a high pace. No doubt the video helped get him opportunities, but if he couldn't back it up with actual play in a game, he would have been long forgotten.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
                        leeches that pay well

who is the leech?
                        The folks that badger for his services

Comment

• Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post

The maine staff did at one time
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post

The kid scored 114 points for Shattuck's bantam team last year, and was one of the youngest kids on the team. One player scored more points, TJ Walsh, who committed to BC last October. http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...rk-hockey-east

I understand the natural inclination to act like you are better than someone who spurns you, but frankly I would be shocked if Maine ever gets a recruit with as much natural ability as Wahlstrom. I would further point out that in an NCAA system that has kids working for absolutely nothing, it isn't crazy to advocate for yourself a bit before you get under the NCAAs foot.

Say whatever you want about the "media blitz" (which is NOTHING compared to what you see around basketball recruits, btw), where is Maine without Wahlstrom? Sitting there without a single recruit or player on the roster who looks like ever being a point per game player in Hockey East.

Comment

Not sure how a June 1st 2000 on a team of all 2000's and a 2001 birth year is "one of the youngest on the team".

He was a bantam. Was 25 points behind the top scorer on team. They also play an absurd amount of garbage games with football lopsided scores. An environment he thrives in.

Very good player but not as good as Wise, kid in his own team any many others same age. Without a question he had done more individual lessons and skill development at 14 than other entire teams.

The next Espisito from Quebec, also lit it up at SSM, in my opinion

Not even top 15 in scoring at dev camp this summer, are they all prodigies???
                              http://playerdevelopmentcamps.usahockey.com/stats/league_instance/32844?subseason=232844&tab=league_instance_player_stats&tool=1465920
                              Last edited by Hokydad; 08-25-2015, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                                Not sure how a June 1st 2000 on a team of all 2000's and a 2001 birth year is "one of the youngest on the team".

He was a bantam. Was 25 points behind the top scorer on team. They also play an absurd amount of garbage games with football lopsided scores. An environment he thrives in.

Very good player but not as good as Wise, kid in his own team any many others same age. Without a question he had done more individual lessons and skill development at 14 than other entire teams.

The next Espisito from Quebec, also lit it up at SSM, in my opinion

Not even top 15 in scoring at dev camp this summer, are they all prodigies???
                                http://playerdevelopmentcamps.usahoc...s&tool=1465920
                                This was my source for younger: http://ssmathletics.org/sports/hocke...2014-15/roster I went by school year. Maybe he wasn't the youngest. Whatever.

I'm also not claiming the kid is a prodigy. He can score goals. Not sure who else Maine is recruiting that can. That's my point.
                                Last edited by AMC; 08-25-2015, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X