Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    My guess is your crankiness isnt going to subside over this next season.
    Oh I know that...fully...expect it to be quite frank about it...and can very well see the following season more or less with loads of question-marks...all because nothing is set for this season...goaltending/defense and who will score...long season ahead could be the recipe...getting use to it but don't have to like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
      The QUESTION was...Was Pearson in the group that made it to UMaine this week?
      I'm pretty sure he wasn't and will now come in 2016 with bigger role at Youngstown

Comment

Originally posted by jkozak View Post
        I'm pretty sure he wasn't and will now come in 2016 with bigger role at Youngstown
        THANK's

Comment

According to the Moncton Telegraph Journal Ethan Crossman has signed with the Moncton Wildcats (QMJHL), so we won't be seeing him in Orono.

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
            According to the Moncton Telegraph Journal Ethan Crossman has signed with the Moncton Wildcats (QMJHL), so we won't be seeing him in Orono.
            One down, two decommits from that program to go.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
              One down, two decommits from that program to go.

Two down. Maine Hockey Journal reporting Mackinnon signs with Rimouski.

Comment

Well they Positioned themselves well...Maine chances at landing all 3 were the only way it could happen...with that said all 3 knew fully they had all the Cards in there favor...so once one found at Home to play there was no way the others would come to Maine...and I know ONLY 2 have jumped but the next will fall sooner then later. Recruiting The Good, The Bad and The Ugly 101.

Comment

Has Maine EVER landed a recruit that got drafted by a junior team???

Comment

From the Maine Hockey Journal:

http://mainehockeyjournal.com/2015/0...ong-term-gain/

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                      Well they Positioned themselves well...Maine chances at landing all 3 were the only way it could happen...with that said all 3 knew fully they had all the Cards in there favor...so once one found at Home to play there was no way the others would come to Maine...and I know ONLY 2 have jumped but the next will fall sooner then later. Recruiting The Good, The Bad and The Ugly 101.
                      Do you know how much time Maine spent recruiting them or if Maine ever offered them? In today's world any kid with a Twitter account can say he's committing anywhere and there is nothing the coach can do about it. At some point the NCAA needs to update recruiting rules to reflect changes in technology. It's unfair for Red and other coaches to be made to look like idiots by kids like these two who have just 'decommitted.'
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        Do you know how much time Maine spent recruiting them or if Maine ever offered them? In today's world any kid with a Twitter account can say he's committing anywhere and there is nothing the coach can do about it. At some point the NCAA needs to update recruiting rules to reflect changes in technology. It's unfair for Red and other coaches to be made to look like idiots by kids like these two who have just 'decommitted.'
                        Really? Your theory is they just made it up?
                        The Walstrom commit at age 6 covered the "look like idiots by kids" category for several years

Comment

The NCAA should spend much more time on coaches recruiting 12 year old 7th graders, asking people to "tell them to call and come on campus", to circumvent recruiting policies, coaches decomitting kids, taking away scholarships, making kids sit out a year while coaches can exit a contract and coach ten minutes later. Lot more to worry about than alleged kids posting false Twitter commits
                          The coaches have made a mockery out of the sport. Should be like the movie Blindside, earliest you can announce is end of junior year, in writing and binding to the school

The entire process is a farce

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                            Has Maine EVER landed a recruit that got drafted by a junior team???
                            Prestin Ryan, Paul Kariya???
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                              The NCAA should spend much more time on coaches recruiting 12 year old 7th graders, asking people to "tell them to call and come on campus", to circumvent recruiting policies, coaches decomitting kids, taking away scholarships, making kids sit out a year while coaches can exit a contract and coach ten minutes later. Lot more to worry about than alleged kids posting false Twitter commits
                              The coaches have made a mockery out of the sport. Should be like the movie Blindside, earliest you can announce is end of junior year, in writing and binding to the school

The entire process is a farce
                              Completely agree. My post had a fairly narrow focus but what you said is bang on. Kids shouldn't be worried at all about playing sports in college until their jr year of hs. There are way too many delusional parents out there.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                Completely agree. My post had a fairly narrow focus but what you said is bang on. Kids shouldn't be worried at all about playing sports in college until their jr year of hs. There are way too many delusional parents out there.
                                It's turned into a Peacock/twitter joust
                                The coaches and players have made a mockery out of it. I tell players all the time, no matter what they say to you, if you are not one of the top 12 or top 6 opening night, you will not dress. The rest is all bs. Many of these coaches are using the early commits to promote their program and almost don't care if the kid shows up, 3-5 years down the road.

No D 1 studs are left out because they didn't commit at 12

Comment

Working...
                                X