Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hokydad
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Maine was one of the top programs for 20 years. I think you and some others have gone a little overboard with the pessimism and negativity. Imagine being a Wisconsin fan, and they didn't even switch coaches.
    Wisconsin has a broken model, which BC needs to be careful to not replicate

Leave a comment:

• Runsub5
    replied
    Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Maine was one of the top programs for 20 years. I think you and some others have gone a little overboard with the pessimism and negativity. Imagine being a Wisconsin fan, and they didn't even switch coaches.
    This is true. Maine was a top program just 3 years ago. They competed for the HE championship and played in a NCAA regional game at Worcester. If they had the services of Darling they possibly would have been in the Frozen Four.

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    And it never ceases to amaze me that kids that age refer to Maine as a perennial power. That hasn't been the case since they were in diapers.

... Still, the recruiting seems to be improving.

Leave a comment:

• Fishman'81
    replied

Originally posted by AMC View Post
    The article suggests this kid at least hasn't even visited Orono. That doesn't sound positive for a firm commitment.
    And it never ceases to amaze me that kids that age refer to Maine as a perennial power. That hasn't been the case since they were in diapers.

... Still, the recruiting seems to be improving.

Leave a comment:

• AMC
    replied

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    If the kid has two teammates coming maybe its the fruit of a nice little pipeline
    The article suggests this kid at least hasn't even visited Orono. That doesn't sound positive for a firm commitment.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied
    If the kid has two teammates coming maybe its the fruit of a nice little pipeline
    Let's hope, all 3 sound pretty good

Leave a comment:

• BoSox3066
    replied

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied
    Originally posted by AMC View Post
    Anyone taking odds that this is a ploy to get his QMJHL rights traded by Rimouski?
    Seems that every 15 yr old maine has had verbal has used us, why not him

Leave a comment:

• BBDiehard14
    replied

Originally posted by dwollstadt View Post
    From Nathan Fournier, Maine Hockey Journal, via the Bangor Daily News:

http://mainehockeyjournal.com/2015/0...s-hockey-team/

Apparently, Red is willing to make exceptions to his "big body" recruiting plan.

Glad to see the name "Maine hockey" means something to the kid. Those are the types of guys we need

Leave a comment:

• AMC
    replied

Apparently, Red is willing to make exceptions to his "big body" recruiting plan.
    Anyone taking odds that this is a ploy to get his QMJHL rights traded by Rimouski?

Leave a comment:

• Runsub5
    replied

Perhaps he realizes that it will take more than big players pounding the opposition into submission.

Leave a comment:

• dwollstadt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hokydad
    replied
    Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    While I like Pappalardo as a player having seen a few prep games and then again at Beantown and Chowder Cup, etc., predicting 150+ points for him is absurd. Brian Flynn (156) is one of only 3 Maine players who played a game from 2000-current with over 150 points. Other 2 are Martin Kariya and Corey Larose. Let's calm down before putting Pappalardo in a category with those 3.
    150 might be a stretch
    Will buy you lunch if not 125

Leave a comment:

• CollegeHockeyRinkReport
    replied
    Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    Staff has only been there 2 years, you wouldn't expect culture and roster to be theirs yet
    They have some very good players coming in. Guite is an excellent recruiter. Red solid closer.
    Papalardo for one will be a 150+ point guy there.
    While I like Pappalardo as a player having seen a few prep games and then again at Beantown and Chowder Cup, etc., predicting 150+ points for him is absurd. Brian Flynn (156) is one of only 3 Maine players who played a game from 2000-current with over 150 points. Other 2 are Martin Kariya and Corey Larose. Let's calm down before putting Pappalardo in a category with those 3.

Leave a comment:

• AMC
    replied

Team needs goalie scoring and defense but hey they're close. Lol.

Who wouldn't want Wahlstrom in college hockey? If he's talented I hope he shows up maybe by then Maine will have a supporting cast in place. If he projects as a high draft pick for his age group its good for college hockey if hes here. He's not ruling it out, lets just see what happens in a few years.
    I agree. Maine needs talented players. Wahlstrom, everything else aside, is good at hockey.

I really don't see talent, besides him, coming in that will be anything other than aggressively mediocre, especially at putting the puck in the net. Just like they have been for the better part of a decade now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X