Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

    Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Allegedly Maine has a commit from a goaltender, but I'm sure he's lousy.
    Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    According to twitter, a new goaltender for Maine.



    http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...&seasonid=9358
    Doesn't seem to be the next Jimmy Howard........decent stats, but middle of the pack USHL goaltender. Meh........I guess he seems like a serviceable tender for a HE cellar dweller.

  • #2
    Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

    Not going to lie . . . I've seen the Indiana Ice, and it's a bit alarming to think that he gave up 4 goals to them in his last game.
    Maybe he was battling a minor illness - ebola, or something.

    In all seriousness, I guess I'm still a lot happier seeing a midpack USHL goalie than a midpack [other US league] one.
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

      Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
      Not going to lie . . . I've seen the Indiana Ice, and it's a bit alarming to think that he gave up 4 goals to them in his last game.
      Maybe he was battling a minor illness - ebola, or something.

      In all seriousness, I guess I'm still a lot happier seeing a midpack USHL goalie than a midpack [other US league] one.
      No doubt.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

        Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
        Not going to lie . . . I've seen the Indiana Ice, and it's a bit alarming to think that he gave up 4 goals to them in his last game.
        Maybe he was battling a minor illness - ebola, or something.

        In all seriousness, I guess I'm still a lot happier seeing a midpack USHL goalie than a midpack [other US league] one.
        FWIW:
        Over The Boards ‏@OTBPuckWatch
        Maine got a great goaltender in Romeo. The former Carolina Jr. Hurricane is on the draft radar and is the go-to guy in Youngstown in nets.
        He's apparently 30th in the CSS as well.
        Monty

        2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

          Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
          FWIW:

          He's apparently 30th in the CSS as well.
          Sounds good. I'll be more than happy to be wrong.

          Optimism just doesn't come easily these days.
          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

            http://www.youngstownphantoms.com/ro...mits-to-maine/

            http://www.youngstownphantoms.com/se...013-nhl-draft/

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

              Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
              Sounds good. I'll be more than happy to be wrong.

              Optimism just doesn't come easily these days.
              Lets HOPE by the time he arrives @ Maine,that there's been a major over-haul in the Coaching staff...staus quo when he gets there then expect the same old/same old...with change then expect a more positive situation(imo).

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

                With Devin Shore, Ryan Lomberg, Will Merchant, Swavely brothers, Shemansky, Anthoine, Leen and Ouellette in net, Montgomery could at least get home ice next year.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

                  Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                  With Devin Shore, Ryan Lomberg, Will Merchant, Swavely brothers, Shemansky, Anthoine, Leen and Ouellette in net, Montgomery could at least get home ice next year.
                  I'd be willing to put up a hundred that Jimmy would get this group into the NCAA's next year given the opportunity and wouldnt surprise me to win one, maybe two games to get to the FF. Hows that for brash?

                  His team is 29 and 6 right now.
                  Last edited by all bear; 01-30-2013, 11:55 AM.
                  sure why not

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

                    I would think "IF" there's a change and a Search that produces either Montgomery or someone else that the Atmosphere in the whole program would change for the Positive....but a continued TW at the helm and forget Maine Hockey rebuilding and making any comeback in Hockey East or NCAA's.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

                      Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      FWIW:

                      He's apparently 30th in the CSS as well.
                      While each team has their own list so who knows maybe some teams have him higher, but being ranked 30th among goaltenders means most likely he has an outside chance of being drafted. If he gets hot at the end of the year it will help his chances of getting drafted. BU goaltender didn't have outstanding numbers last year in Youngstown, but he's having a decent freshmen year. If Morris develops and takes over the No. 1 as a junior in 2014, Romeo should be a serviceable back-up as a freshman.
                      USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

                      Maine Hockey Journal

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

                        Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                        With Devin Shore, Ryan Lomberg, Will Merchant, Swavely brothers, Shemansky, Anthoine, Leen and Ouellette in net, Montgomery could at least get home ice next year.
                        sub Shemansky (only 'cause he's a senior) with Hutton and Rutt and I think you're D@MN right

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

                          Originally posted by Sportsmaniac View Post
                          While each team has their own list so who knows maybe some teams have him higher, but being ranked 30th among goaltenders means most likely he has an outside chance of being drafted. If he gets hot at the end of the year it will help his chances of getting drafted. BU goaltender didn't have outstanding numbers last year in Youngstown, but he's having a decent freshmen year. If Morris develops and takes over the No. 1 as a junior in 2014, Romeo should be a serviceable back-up as a freshman.
                          I would hope that he would be more then "a seviceable backup"...more incline to have someone to push Morris and the possibility of a Tandem...but thats just talk now,hopefully later it comes out that Maine has two real good goaltenders. A problem most Coaches would dream to have.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

                            Originally posted by Sportsmaniac View Post
                            While each team has their own list so who knows maybe some teams have him higher, but being ranked 30th among goaltenders means most likely he has an outside chance of being drafted. If he gets hot at the end of the year it will help his chances of getting drafted. BU goaltender didn't have outstanding numbers last year in Youngstown, but he's having a decent freshmen year. If Morris develops and takes over the No. 1 as a junior in 2014, Romeo should be a serviceable back-up as a freshman.
                            Keep in mind that he's ranked 30th among North American goalies....you still have to factor in the International Goalies.
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

                              Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              I would hope that he would be more then "a seviceable backup"...more incline to have someone to push Morris and the possibility of a Tandem...but thats just talk now,hopefully later it comes out that Maine has two real good goaltenders. A problem most Coaches would dream to have.
                              I was just talking about his freshmen year, of course you want him to become more than that as his time progresses at Maine. I think two years from now Morris can get 25 starts and Romeo 10-12 games that will be ideal. Like you said its all talk and he has one more year in Youngstown which will tell us what his work load will be his freshman year.

                              Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              Keep in mind that he's ranked 30th among North American goalies....you still have to factor in the International Goalies.
                              Exactly.

                              Heres the updated stats for all recruits https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...fMENYenc#gid=0

                              I am going to talk to Sean tonight, the last week has been busy for me so I havent been able to get in contact with him until today
                              USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

                              Maine Hockey Journal

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X