X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NU vs. PC - Deep Fried Friars vs. Hungry Hungry Huskies 11/20-21

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    Dear Mr. Army,

I wholeheartedly thank you for your decision to start Justin Gates in game 1. May you give me an early Christmas present and put the poor, wretched sieve back between the pipes tonight. I also thank Brown for choosing to play PC on a Tuesday before our weekend home and home making it difficult for Beadry to play both games.

Sincerely,

Me

As for the game last night, it was just a really physical game on both sides. I think they call to many penalities in college to begin with, so I'm fine that they let some stuff go last night. Jon, as a fan of a PC Hockey East opponent I hope Army never leaves
    You're the best NU fan ever.

I think Maine and Merrimack fans echo your sentiments.

BTW: The first and second goals weren't Gates' fault. I blame PC's defense for leaving NU players in front of the net. If PC had any kind of offense, they could have made a game of it, but nope. Jamnick and Bergland can't do it by themselves...
    Last edited by Jon; 11-21-2009, 10:33 AM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

As optimistic as i feel about last night's performance.. i still see a split with PC taking a close one tonight. Beaudry is not going to be easy to score on.

On a side note.. what did #55 (New i thnk..), for PC ever do last night (sorry if i missed it).. to **** some NU fans off? All i heard for the last 10-15 mins of the gm from a certain fan section was "hey 55.. #55... 55 you s++k!!!".. on & on, over & over again... one of them even walked right behind PC's bench until Army or one of the asst told them to shut up #55 even got into it with the fan for a couple seconds.. pretty hilarious
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I missed that... maybe he was the guy who covered the puck with his hand?
        Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

Also- I can't make the trip tonight. Anyone know how to get cox sports around here? Can anyone stream it online?

The game is listed here:

http://www.cox-sports.com/index.html

GO NU

Comment

Originally posted by choog View Post
            I missed that... maybe he was the guy who covered the puck with his hand?
            You're apparently the only one who cared about that...

New committed the boneheaded boarding penalty that led to NU's fourth goal. That might have been the problem.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
              New committed the boneheaded boarding penalty that led to NU's fourth goal...
              ..ah that explains that. That was a tough break for him.. i didn't think he boarded, Silva was trying to get the puck from a tight spot behind the net & fell... anyway, these calls go both ways night in, night out.. that's HE officiating.

If its even borderline boarding.. they call it (we've been at the other end of the call in the ME series). Glad we could capitalize. That penalty now i recall, he (#55).. was not too happy about the call.. he was fuming in the penalty box. I think he'll be someone to reckon with tonight

Also, at the end of night handshake i saw both Daniel brothers give one of the Friars (same player) a hug.. perhaps hometown or USHL connection there? (just guessing).
              GO NU HOCKEY
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                As optimistic as i feel about last night's performance.. i still see a split with PC taking a close one tonight. Beaudry is not going to be easy to score on.

On a side note.. what did #55 (New i thnk..), for PC ever do last night (sorry if i missed it).. to **** some NU fans off? All i heard for the last 10-15 mins of the gm from a certain fan section was "hey 55.. #55... 55 you s++k!!!".. on & on, over & over again... one of them even walked right behind PC's bench until Army or one of the asst told them to shut up #55 even got into it with the fan for a couple seconds.. pretty hilarious
                Hilarious to some degree and embarrassing behavior as well. Bascially some kids w/o better judgement who wouldn't say s-h--i-t-e to New in person but felt ok being j-a-c-k***es behind the glass. I think they just picked him to make asses out of themselves. At one point New looked over at them with the "what the hell is wrong with these idiots look?"

Saw a few fans/students get the boot at the end of the first period by the visitor players entrance. Hopefully they'll know better next time and just go upstairs. At least the security personnel payed some attention last night.

Comment

Originally posted by WDR357 View Post
                  Hilarious to some degree and embarrassing behavior as well..
                  ..agree.

I actually thought when the kid got behind the PC bench, practically above New & Army that he was going to get booted in a minute. Didn't happen (think he just got lucky). Our security, not at the level of Agganis tan It'll get there soon enough i'm sure.
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

now do you see why I decided to move from that corner? I'm pretty sure it's all the same frat...

GO NU

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                      As optimistic as i feel about last night's On a side note.. what did #55 (New i thnk..), for PC ever do last night (sorry if i missed it).. to **** some NU fans off? All i heard for the last 10-15 mins of the gm from a certain fan section was "hey 55.. #55... 55 you s++k!!!".. on & on, over & over again... one of them even walked right behind PC's bench until Army or one of the asst told them to shut up #55 even got into it with the fan for a couple seconds.. pretty hilarious
                      Every crowd has a few morons.

I wonder what they would have done if they had known that New turned down an NU scholarship offer to attend PC. Perhaps they would have cheered him. Youknow, thanks for not coming to NU.

Actually I thought like a pretty good player.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        Speaking on literacy, you might want to check out the PC thread where we've been trying to get rid of our coach all year. I think it's hilarious that you're talking trash to a fanbase that all but conceded you four points this weekend. Way to gauge your audience!!!
                        I wasn't talking trash to you fanboy. I was simply responding to his uncalled for remark by making a simple request.

I know that it can't be easy cheering for PC hockey. We, Husky fans, know a little more than we want to about the frustrations of having a "problematic" Mens hockey program. Having a coach who is an illustrious (hockeywise) alum just makes it harder for the school to cut its losses. Also, today's high coaching salaries, relative to the revenue your program must not generate) makes it very costly to boot out a coach early and eat a year or two of his salary. When you give a coach a LT contract, you have an investment without liquidity

Comment

listening to the game online right now...

All I hear are Husky fans out there... this IS an away game, correct? :-p

GO NU

Comment

PC ties it up at 1-1 with a power play goal.

Hewkin screens his own goalie to let the puck sneak in...

So far it sounds like NU has been getting back into their habit of taking dumb penalties...

GO NU

Comment

Sounds like #55 (New) for PC having a great night.. 2 goals and 1 assist so far..

3-3 tied about halfway in the 3rd
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Gm over 3-3.

Not as disciplined as Coach would have liked.. but 3 pts is better than 2 or 0.

The team is coming together & they're going to need that against a tough Vermont team (alas i will miss that entire week, UVM gm & no access to USCHO!!! (..work travel, thanksgiving etc) Well, g'luck team. Hung in tough tonight
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X