NU vs. PC - Deep Fried Friars vs. Hungry Hungry Huskies 11/20-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NU vs. PC - Deep Fried Friars vs. Hungry Hungry Huskies 11/20-21

Man I wish we played more teams outside the East... I thought our schedule would have opened up a bit after last year. I was glad to see that we were playing Colorado, but that's pretty much it. We never really get a chance to play a lot of the big names BU and BC plays do we...

That's my whine for the day. Can't wait for another good weekend of college hockey!
    Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

Originally posted by choog View Post
      Man I wish we played more teams outside the East... I thought our schedule would have opened up a bit after last year. I was glad to see that we were playing Colorado, but that's pretty much it. We never really get a chance to play a lot of the big names BU and BC plays do we...

That's my whine for the day. Can't wait for another good weekend of college hockey!
      Ehh, whatever. I enjoy holiday tourneys more so I'd rather us be in one of those vs scheduling 2 OOC games against the likes of a NoDak or Minnesota. Just my opinion, the rumor mill has MacLeod playing tonight, it'll be interesting to see how effective he is given the state of his hand (assumed to be broken or at the very least sprained/bruised severly).

Also looks like BOTH Fenway games will be broadcasted on NESN, pretty good exposure for college hockey, maybe we'll make sportscenter's top 10 plays or get a shout out on PTI
      Arenas Attended
      Matthews Arena
      Agganis Arena
      Tsongas Arena
      Lawler Arena
      Schneider Arena
      Mullins Center
      TD Banknorth Garden
      Conte Forum
      Whittemore Center
      Gutterson Fieldhouse
      Alfond Arena
      Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

The same night that N.Dakota/BC got fogged out, NU hosted and beat PC at Matthews. Matthews was plenty cool inside despite it being hot and humid out. BC and BU had been fogged out the year before (2006) the same night that NU hosted Merrimack...again, no issues. You could feel the difference as soon as you opened a door into the lobby where it was hot and sticky, but inside the arena itself, it was just your normal game.

The late resurfacing, combined with 5407 in attendance, was the main culprit last year.

Comment

From the PC thread.. someone pls be nice enough post this in our locker room before faceoff.. hey it can't hurt...
          and we'll worry about tomorrow, tomorrow

Originally posted by satyking View Post
          We are playing a team we should beat tonite Northeastern is not a strong team and should be a bottom feeder this year......
          Go Huskies
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

You are assuming someone will be in the locker room to read it to the team

Comment

If the Huskies come out playing like that again tomorrow, I feel a lot better about this year. 2 straight games they've looked good, now we'll see if they can be the first HE team to sweep a weekend series this year and play two games strong in the same week.

Biggest thing I noticed tonight was puck control. Much better than I've seen the rest of the year, although it seems to have gotten a little better each week. Vermeersch and Tuckerman (and a couple other guys too) had some really nice moves to get around defenders, and if they can make plays by themselves it's going to be a good year. Rawlings is definitely settled in and solid. The lone goal tonight was not his fault in my opinion, though I was at the other end of the ice so I didn't see it too well. Good effort by NU tonight, we'll see what happens in the coffin tomorrow.

I'm guessing Beaudry will be back in net, correct?
              Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                You are assuming someone will be in the locker room to read it to the team
                Since you seem to be so literate, I'd urge you to check the scoreboard.

Comment

Another fun one to watch! I think we looked fantastic tonight. I agree about the great puck handling- we continue to show some great great unselfish passing - but another thing I noticed was some pretty skating. Looked like we were skating circles around PC tonight.

I thought PC had a lot of annoying plays and penalties (especially at the end of the first period..) Remember when that one player tried to cover the puck with his hand and run out the clock? That's not classy...

Good job boys. Let's see it again tomorrow
                  Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

Great game all around. Rawlings looked good, good to see Muench back on the ice (and Wade...God that goal was gorgeous). The boys made me pretty optimistic about a 4pt weekend. Let's get it done tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by NUHuskies View Post
                      Biggest thing I noticed tonight was puck control. Much better than I've seen the rest of the year, although it seems to have gotten a little better each week. Vermeersch and Tuckerman (and a couple other guys too) had some really nice moves to get around defenders..
                      .. that was Kyle Kraemer.. very well played tonight.

Macleod had some nice poke checks as well. Overall great forecheck by him, Donovan, & Silva too. Rawlings another strong showing - i really like his composure.

Do i think we'll have it easy tomorrow.. no way. But we earned it tonight. I think we can beat these guys if we skate disciplined. Tonight, when we took a penalty in the opening minutes, i thought.. not good. Rest of the gm they really stayed calm, played well. McNeely is a great skater.. he's gotta stay out of the box more & continue helping us. This season i do see more stuff called on him so he'd better skate smart & stay cool.

Finally, excellent blue line control on the PP. Strong gm. Really enjoyed it!

Well played team!
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      Always bullish on the future.
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Kraemer did indeed play great, that was a rocket of a shot to get that goal...

Really happy with the team effort tonight, zero complaints really, just looked great!
                        MATTHEWS ARENA

100 YEARS OF HOCKEY HISTORY

Comment

I could say much of the same. Not a complete game but the best I've seen them play. Vermeesch was great, Tuckerman and Kraemer both looked good. Meunch looked great on D. Although Ellement has three helpers already I could see why he wasn't in the regular rotation. His passing from the defensive zone looked like it could use some work. The PP was much improved from the games I had been to earlier this season....

PC wasn't a bad team. I could see why they have won some games against good teams already this year. NU just played about as well as any game they've had thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                            Since you seem to be so literate, I'd urge you to check the scoreboard.
                            Speaking on literacy, you might want to check out the PC thread where we've been trying to get rid of our coach all year. I think it's hilarious that you're talking trash to a fanbase that all but conceded you four points this weekend. Way to gauge your audience!!!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by choog View Post
                              I thought PC had a lot of annoying plays and penalties (especially at the end of the first period..) Remember when that one player tried to cover the puck with his hand and run out the clock?
                              You were annoyed? I was ****ing exasperated.

Originally posted by choog
                              That's not classy...
                              Are you even vaguely aware that you are posting about the sport of ice hockey?

Unless Beaudry can score a goal or two, this team is pretty much ****ed. Stay out of the box, try to get some semblance of offense and stop making the Rawlings and Madores of the world like Ken Freaking Dryden.
                              Last edited by Jon; 11-21-2009, 10:18 AM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                              -Blackadder
                              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                              -Casablanca
                              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Dear Mr. Army,

I wholeheartedly thank you for your decision to start Justin Gates in game 1. May you give me an early Christmas present and put the poor, wretched sieve back between the pipes tonight. I also thank Brown for choosing to play PC on a Tuesday before our weekend home and home making it difficult for Beadry to play both games.

Sincerely,

Me

As for the game last night, it was just a really physical game on both sides. I think they call to many penalities in college to begin with, so I'm fine that they let some stuff go last night. Jon, as a fan of a PC Hockey East opponent I hope Army never leaves
                                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X