NU vs. PC - Deep Fried Friars vs. Hungry Hungry Huskies 11/20-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NU vs. PC - Deep Fried Friars vs. Hungry Hungry Huskies 11/20-21

NU is finally not predicted to sweep this week in the HE write-up. Maybe that means we will?
    Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
      God, I love Matthews. Too bad my wife didn't want to get married there... have the games been selling out lately?
      Far as sellouts, we started the yr with 2 straight sellouts.. the ME gms were close to capacity but not sold out.

I think it'll be the same deal Friday. Good size crowd, but i don't see sellout... unless of course you & wife re-enacting vows on center ice Jon
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
        Far as sellouts, we started the yr with 2 straight sellouts.. the ME gms were close to capacity but not sold out.

I think it'll be the same deal Friday. Good size crowd, but i don't see sellout... unless of course you & wife re-enacting vows on center ice Jon
        Army will Twitter the ceremony.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by choog View Post
          Where's your location of choice? I've been sitting in the corner of the lower section... (near the entrance to the opponent's locker rooms) For me, it's the best view in the arena... though I mentioned earlier I'm considering moving because it's been the designated spot for some fraternity and I'm tired of hearing their drunked stupidity
          I've been in the first row of the section right in front of the sound booth.

The student section sold out for the Maine games as well, just not the paid admission. As far as I know though, there are still student tickets available for the game tomorrow night (or tonight, depending how you want to look at it).
          Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by DieHardDog View Post
            you should be able to pick them up no problem. haven't gotten any e-mails about tix selling out.
            Did the NU freshman think we weren't going to lose a home game all year??? After the Maine loss on Friday many students did not get to the game on Saturday until right before puck drop and the Facebook event group for this week has about 400 less students than it did for the Maine series. I guess they want us to play bu or bc every week?
            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
              Did the NU freshman think we weren't going to lose a home game all year??? After the Maine loss on Friday many students did not get to the game on Saturday until right before puck drop and the Facebook event group for this week has about 400 less students than it did for the Maine series. I guess they want us to play bu or bc every week?
              First off, I know there are still 500 or so student tickets left for tonight's game, but I expect a good student showing again. NU is starting to deal with issues that were not present when the team wasn't popular. You have a lot more students who want to go to the games. Most students aren't really hockey fans, and they go because it is the thing to do before they go party for the night. There are a lot of students, freshmen in particular, who just want to be drunk around a lot of other NU students, yell, scream, and then head out and drink more. Listen, this demographic of fans cannot enjoy a 0-0 tie because there isn't enough action. So, there is no way they can tolerate a 6-2 beatdown and then want to come back the next day. One way or another, there will always be the core hockey fans at NU making up the Dog House. But we all have to realize that a lot of the other fans are going because its fun to watch a team win, or its the thing to do on a Friday/Saturday.

Comment

Prob for another thread.. but along the same lines.. NU Hockey & staff (et al), have to at some point think... ALUMNI..

yes we have some attend now, but there's a lot more we can get & its good entertainment, fun & overall cash cow the school has not tapped properly. Good or not so good teams.. this is a demographic that has been neglected by the hockey office big time, imo.
                GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Busy as all hell week for me so not a lot of posting.

I am seeing the Huskies with a split here, depending on what I see from PC on Friday night. I think I know what the Huskies are but will admit I have quite a few questions about the Friars but they seem a long way from the last place team I had them pegged as to start the year.

For now give it to the home teams, but if one team looks bad tonight, well you know.

As a side note, I know the guys at Matthews are good but this heat is ridiculous. Matthews may have a few "issues"....
                  MATTHEWS ARENA

100 YEARS OF HOCKEY HISTORY

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyMan View Post
                    As a side note, I know the guys at Matthews are good but this heat is ridiculous. Matthews may have a few "issues"....
                    Issues as far as what - ice quality? I talked with the night manager after IM broomball finished up yesterday, he didn't think there would be any problems with the ice. (If this wasn't what you were talking about, my apologies.)
                    Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

Issues as far as what - ice quality? I talked with the night manager after IM broomball finished up yesterday, he didn't think there would be any problems with the ice. (If this wasn't what you were talking about, my apologies.)
                      No that was what I was talking about, I like his confidence but it is f-in warm out....
                      MATTHEWS ARENA

100 YEARS OF HOCKEY HISTORY

Comment

The HVAC at Matthews is fine, and I have never heard of any issues keeping the place cool. Its in the mid sixties right now, and thats warmer than the expected high. Its supposed to drop down to the forties tonight and once the sun goes down at like 430 it will probably cool of fairly quickly. As an aside, the biggest load on the HVAC at college and professional rinks is not due to the ambient temperature outside the building. The fans create most of the heat which can warm the arena. Some rinks (Conte Forum) count on the outside air being cold (<50 degrees) otherwise they have an issue cooling the air down to the desired temperatures. Matthews does not have this issue. The rink opens in September when some days are 80 degrees or warmer and it does fine. I wouldnt expect any issues tonight.

Comment

Last year, season opener against BC, there were puddles on the ice after the begining of the 3rd period. (Remember? The puck stopped in a puddle in front of the BC goal, leading to our 4-3 victory?)

Don't remember what the weather was like that day..

That's the only problem I've ever seen at Matthews... I'm sure it'll be fine tonight...

GO NU

Comment

Last year, season opener against BC, there were puddles on the ice after the begining of the 3rd period. (Remember? The puck stopped in a puddle in front of the BC goal, leading to our 4-3 victory?)

Don't remember what the weather was like that day..

That's the only problem I've ever seen at Matthews... I'm sure it'll be fine tonight...
                            I remember that game very well, and how Vitale "intercepted" a D to D pass and took it in for a goal. I also remember the ice was resurfaced late and the rink crew had 7 minutes, not the normal 10. My point is that 1/5 of the HVAC load on Matthews is due to the ice surface, the other 4/5 is due to the 4666+ Spectators, players, coaches, and employees. Its going to be around 50 at game time, not 95. The humidity is around 65% right now, and thats the major issues, since it is recommended at 60% is the max humidity for a rink with ambient air temperature around 50-55F. I've never seen fog at Matthews, so I'm willing to bet that neither the temperature, nor humidity, will cause any issues tonight. NU wins 3-1 w/ an ENG

Comment

Sounds good to me...

I'd say we have a pretty good track record dealing with the facilities/ice

My gf told me about how her dad flew over one weekend to watch a BC/ND (I think it was ND?) hockey game at BC, only for it to be cancelled after the 2nd period due to fog. Hah

I think if we win tonight, we sweep. PC has got to be getting tired from all these games they've been playing. But who knows

GO NU

Comment

Sounds good to me...

I'd say we have a pretty good track record dealing with the facilities/ice

My gf told me about how her dad flew over one weekend to watch a BC/ND (I think it was ND?) hockey game at BC, only for it to be cancelled after the 2nd period due to fog. Hah

I think if we win tonight, we sweep. PC has got to be getting tired from all these games they've been playing. But who knows
                                Yeah, that game was two years ago in October I believe. NoDak came to NU the next night and there were no issues with the facilities or the ice. And NU fell 3-0 to Ryan Duncan's crew.

Comment

Working...
                                X